Photo
- - - - -

Black September III - Hosted by Jasta 5

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:39

10/7/18 - Hostilities ended!  Congratulations to the victorious Central flyers! After the first four weeks of flying, only 5 points separated both teams at the start of the last mission!

TOTALS:
Entente: 11+18+4+18+8 = 59
Central: 7+20+21+8+27 = 83

9/8/18 - Hostilities begin!   Good luck, and have fun!

9/1/18 - Schedule clarification.   Since we will not be switching sides this year, missions will be two hours long each week:  1700-1900 GMT.  Plan to arrive 30 minutes earlier for mission briefings. 

One week until hostilities begin!

8/12/18 - Preliminary sides posted on the forum. 

The forum reopened late Saturday night after a big upgrade.... like anything "better", there are a few bugs we are working to resolve.  The main one is that after you log on, it looks like you need to log on again.  Before you do that, look to the right side of the page and see if your avatar and name appear indicating you are indeed logged on.  If so, then try clicking on the FORUM INDEX button on the left side of page across from your account avatar.  You can drill in from there.  Our apologies in advance.  http://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/index.php

One major improvement is that there are now multiple languages available in your account board settings tab.  Please spread the word to pilots in Europe as this will assist many who don't speak English and would like to participate more on the event forum.

8/9/18 - Correction.  Based on community input via a survey found here, there will be Blue (Central) and Red (Entente) Teams. Teams will not switch sides.  Sorry for any confusion.

What – A five week Rise of Flight mini-campaign focusing on the highly successful but too late last ditch effort by the German Air Service in September 1918.  Based on community input via a survey, there will be  Central and Entente Teams. Teams will not switch sides.

When – September 8, 15, 22, 29, October 6  Time: 1700-1900 GMT 

Where – Central and Entente teams will be assigned assigned shortly, largely based on existing teams flown in other campaigns. 

Server Info: 

Death penalty: 20 minutes. If you can relife, do so after 20 minutes. You can fill gunner positions during death penalty if you go in via spectator mode (check with your teammates if you are unsure about what this means).  

Weapon Mods: On  

Plane sets: Late model (published shortly). Replenish every hour.  

OVERVIEW:  

Play is centered around 9 weak-points that have been identified in the German line by the Entente. At the beginning of the mission, the Entente will randomly select 3 of those weak-points to attempt a breakthrough –one in the North, one in the middle, and one in the South.  

British/French/American (depends on the mission) armored units will begin moving from jump-off points to attack these areas and Entente pilots will be informed of those breakthrough locations, which will last for the duration of the mission.  

Central side will be informed of the locations as they come under attack, and by pilots who spot the advancing British forces from the air.  

Missions will be designed to encourage high altitude as well as ground level support, spreading activity vertically as well as across the area of operations. 

Subscribe to this thread to receive updates as they are posted automatically.  More info to come.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:45

It's on, folks!

Thanks, J5!

#3 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 09 August 2018 - 15:59

It's on, folks!

Thanks, J5!

+1

sig9.png

#4 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 09 August 2018 - 16:48

The rule is killed-so-killed will not work? Only a fine of 20 minutes?

#5 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 09 August 2018 - 17:27

Yes.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#6 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:56

Correction in first post of thread.  Sorry for any confusion. 

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#7 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:41

Can't wait!  Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more!  :icon_e_salute:

#8 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 August 2018 - 16:38

Yes.

This is not encouraging. What will happen next - will include icons and endless bullets?

#9 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 10 August 2018 - 22:34

This is not encouraging. What will happen next - will include icons and endless bullets?

The level of pissodoffness that works as deterrent for recklessness must be weighed against the minimum number of players that makes the map playability work. In my case I would say 40 minutes is the charm.

#10 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 11 August 2018 - 00:06

We'd like to join, too!

Can't seem to log in to the forum at the moment.

J5_Bender

#11 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:56

Is there a new forum? It doesn't look like the old familiar and no link me to the J5 website. Is J5 website Kaput? 

Do we need to re-register if we flew last event?

Looking forward to this.

#12 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:48

Do let us know where first-timers can register.
Pretty sure a bunch of us from US103 will want to fly Entente

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#13 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:38

Is there a new forum? It doesn't look like the old familiar and no link me to the J5 website. Is J5 website Kaput? 

Looking forward to this.

Site looks like it's there, but I couldn't log into the Forum either....  It's late, could just be me, but that's what I experienced tonight, using the credentials I thought should work...  <shrug>

Regards,

:icon_e_salute:

#14 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 13 August 2018 - 00:15

Looking forward to this.

Well... I got in today and it looks like the old site. It was a weird generic type forum when I tried last... no matter.

I looked at the team assignments and Central looks to be heavily outnumbered... perhaps. Not knowing how many will show up from the individual squads. 

#15 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:23

The forum reopened late Saturday night.... there are a few bugs we are working to resolve.  The main one is that after you log on, it looks like you need to log on again.  Before you do that, look to the right side of the page and see if your avatar and name appear indicating you are indeed logged on.  If so, then try clicking on the FORUM INDEX button on the left side of page across from your account avatar.  You can drill in from there.  Sorry for any inconveniences.   Hitting refresh on the pages may also be needed from time to time and it hangs up when logging out.  Just close the browser after logging out.

http://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/index.php

One major improvement is that there are now multiple languages available in your account board settings tab.  Please spread the word as this will assist many who don't speak English and would like to participate on the event forum.

RE the sides:  they are the same as originally proposed for BA which would have worked perfectly if Week 1 half of one squad hadn't been AWOL (recall that 1PL was moved to the other side; then in week 2 when the AWOL pilots showed up, the teams weren't as balanced as originally planned). Not going down that path this time, so the sides should be pretty even.  Many of those mercs listed on Entente haven't been seen for ages, but listed them anyways. 

103rd - already got you down for Entente.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#16 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 15 August 2018 - 23:30

Forum is up and seems to be working well. If anyone is still having trouble with registration or log in, you can contact me here by PM.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin 

Untitled.jpg

#17 J5_Matthias

J5_Matthias

Posted 20 August 2018 - 21:37

In Black September, the dual focus that's required on the ground progress as well as the air make it imperative that players can get back into the game as "new fodder" using remaining available airframes.  Otherwise, neither side would have the ability by the end to shift the course of the battle.  This is also 1918, and planes and rookie pilots were a-plenty by this point in the war... at least prior to the massive attrition they suffered in Black September.

#18 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 21 August 2018 - 00:06

The suspense is terrible....I hope it will last!! - Willy Wonka

Attached File  hqdefault.jpg   11.11KB   0 downloads

Big Salute to Jasta 5 for putting on this great event for the community yet again!

#19 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 24 August 2018 - 15:39

S! All

We are just 2 weeks away from the start.  J5 has the practice server up. I suggest people take a look at the maps and planes.

Blue team will be flying Central only. Red team is Entente only.  No switching sides this year.

sig9.png

#20 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 25 August 2018 - 13:16

Hey Baeumer,

Just to let you know that the old "Click to Register" button doesn't work anymore (550 Internal Server Error).

With the new forum, etc. are the old steps for registration still supposed to be the same? I mean this just for any newcomers.

Also, I was checking the Black September section (http://www.jasta5.or...a7bea5565be5818) and I see no posts there. Also, couldn't find team composition or a Blue Team area. Is this what I'm supposed to see currently?

Attached File  capture.jpg   72.19KB   1 downloads

Thanks!

#21 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 25 August 2018 - 17:33

I can't figure out my login/PW info to recover my account. Can one of you guys please message me that info so I can reset my password?

4084456.jpg

#22 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 25 August 2018 - 20:11

Hey Baeumer,

Just to let you know that the old "Click to Register" button doesn't work anymore (550 Internal Server Error).

With the new forum, etc. are the old steps for registration still supposed to be the same? I mean this just for any newcomers.

Also, I was checking the Black September section (http://www.jasta5.or...a7bea5565be5818) and I see no posts there. Also, couldn't find team composition or a Blue Team area. Is this what I'm supposed to see currently?

attachicon.gifcapture.jpg

Thanks!

S! Bidu,

When you get to the forum you should just need to select "login". Once you have done this, look to see if your name is shown in the upper right corner of the page. If it's there, then just select "board index" and it will take you to the index. It used to take you right to the index when you logged in, however presently it's very hard to tell that you have logged in because the page doesn't change, (except for the fact that your name is there in the upper right).    If you are still having trouble... PM me here.

We have done some work on the site, and it's still a WIP, but it is working and with the flurry of activity now we will probably wait until after BS to iron out the rest of the bugs. 

GC

Untitled.jpg

#23 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 25 August 2018 - 20:14

I can't figure out my login/PW info to recover my account. Can one of you guys please message me that info so I can reset my password?

S! RR

Do me a favor and PM me exactly whats is happening when you try to login. I'll see what I can do.

GC

Untitled.jpg

#24 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 25 August 2018 - 20:20

Greetings gentlemen!

Felt the need to point this out. Hostilities are set to begin in just two weeks, and as of this posting we have only 15 pilots who have signed up on the BS check in thread.

We need to have a good idea of the numbers of participants by next weekend so that we can make any last minute adjustments to the teams if needed. If you haven't already done so, please log into the J5 forum and make a quick post in the thread located HERE

If there are still some that are having issues with our website or forums, they can PM me here. 

S!

GC

Untitled.jpg

#25 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:35

Greetings gentlemen!

Felt the need to point this out. Hostilities are set to begin in just two weeks, and as of this posting we have only 15 pilots who have signed up on the BS check in thread.

We need to have a good idea of the numbers of participants by next weekend so that we can make any last minute adjustments to the teams if needed. If you haven't already done so, please log into the J5 forum and make a quick post in the thread located HERE

If there are still some that are having issues with our website or forums, they can PM me here. 

S!

GC

Exactly what I meant with my previous question, but I don't think I made myself clear. I can login in (but following your thread link only gets me back to the login page). I can access the Board Index. But then the only way I found to get to any active threads is following the link at the "Last Post" column. Such an idiot really: I just had to click the bold "Black September Campaign" text. Never tried it somehow. Thanks! :)

#26 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:59

I believe the thread link does not work for any other person but the one copying the address. It seems to include the session id as last parameter. So it can't be shared. Removing that parameter doesn't work either. It's strange because other kinds of links do work.

So people should just click through the following options:

-> Board index

-> Jasta 5 Campaigns (Black September & Bloody April)

-> Black September Campaign

-> Teams

-> 2018 Team Assignments and Pilot Check In

#27 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 26 August 2018 - 14:50

I believe the thread link does not work for any other person but the one copying the address. It seems to include the session id as last parameter. So it can't be shared. Removing that parameter doesn't work either. It's strange because other kinds of links do work.

So people should just click through the following options:

-> Board index

-> Jasta 5 Campaigns (Black September & Bloody April)

-> Black September Campaign

-> Teams

-> 2018 Team Assignments and Pilot Check In

You are correct Bidu. The "remember me" function is not working at the moment so my link will indeed just take you back to the Login page.  

My mistake, I didn't take that into account when adding the link.

Untitled.jpg

#28 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 26 August 2018 - 15:11

*Reminder*

Pilots flying in BS need to be registered on our parser!

If you are flying in a J5 event for the first time or if you haven't registered in the past please stop by and do so.

It can be found HERE

S!

GC

Untitled.jpg

#29 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 26 August 2018 - 15:38

Thanks, Gamecock!

One more thing: are there still red and blue team subforums? How does one access them?

#30 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 27 August 2018 - 20:08

Hi guys, unfortunately I'll have to pass this event, as my graphics card died few weeks ago (and I'm still trying to fix it - waiting for lab diag - or else buy a new one). Hoping for the best, not in a good moment to spend another 2500 on a card.
Have fun!

JoKeR

#31 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 27 August 2018 - 20:49

Hi guys, unfortunately I'll have to pass this event, as my graphics card died few weeks ago (and I'm still trying to fix it - waiting for lab diag - or else buy a new one). Hoping for the best, not in a good moment to spend another 2500 on a card.
Have fun!

JoKeR

Sorry to hear that Joker... you will be missed!  Good luck with the card.

Thanks, Gamecock!

One more thing: are there still red and blue team subforums? How does one access them?

Yes Bidu, there are still team subforums,they are in the same forum where you found the "teams" thread. J2 is assigned to the Blue,(Central), team this time around. Let me know if you can't get access.

Untitled.jpg

#32 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 27 August 2018 - 22:23

Yes Bidu, there are still team subforums,they are in the same forum where you found the "teams" thread. J2 is assigned to the Blue,(Central), team this time around. Let me know if you can't get access.

"Blue Team Operations", perfect :)

#33 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 29 August 2018 - 22:15

Another question...

The rules still show a change in team sides from Mission 1 to Mission 2.

Since this is not going to happen, do we just repeat the previous mission after the initial 2 hours are over? Or do we do a single one and keep it going for 4 hours or while it lasts? Or something else completely?

Thanks again, guys!

#34 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 01 September 2018 - 21:50

Another question...

The rules still show a change in team sides from Mission 1 to Mission 2.

Since this is not going to happen, do we just repeat the previous mission after the initial 2 hours are over? Or do we do a single one and keep it going for 4 hours or while it lasts? Or something else completely?

Thanks again, guys!

Since we are not flying each side this year, we will only be flying a single 2 hour mission each week.  Starting at 17:00 GMT, we should be finished up by 19:30 .

Untitled.jpg

#35 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 01 September 2018 - 21:52

Update to schedule.  See first post of this thread.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#36 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:09

*sigh* ah well ;)

#37 Cptduckpants

Cptduckpants

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:03

Hi, i was playing on ROF the other day and one of the other players mentioned Black September. Can you provide more info on what it is and how to register / play?

I have registered on the J5 forum - I think...

Cheers

CptDuckpants

#38 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 05 September 2018 - 00:07

Hi, i was playing on ROF the other day and one of the other players mentioned Black September. Can you provide more info on what it is and how to register / play?

Cheers

CptDuckpants

Welcome Cpt, you need to register at the Jasta5 forum site and their parser.  Scroll up for J5_Gamecock's link for the parser.

The link for the forums is here:  http://www.jasta5.or...1e69ddc52843724

Teams have already been allocated, but I'm pretty sure they can still find a spot for you to fly.  Good luck S!

#39 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 05 September 2018 - 00:46

Cheers

CptDuckpants

S! 

We got your registration done Capt. You should be able to access our forums now.  You should take a minute to read the rules there.  

You can PM me here if you have any trouble, any questions you have can be posted in the forums, there are many people there that can help.

Welcome!

Untitled.jpg

#40 BaronVonMyakin

BaronVonMyakin

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:17

Guys, do I understand right that this time we will fly only "Weak-points" missions, no another types of missions like last year?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users