Photo
- - - - -

External Views not working after Update!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 trek

trek

Posted 30 July 2018 - 15:46

Never seen this one before. I've had ROF since 2009 and not experienced any problems I couldn't resolve but this one has got me stumped! Hadn't played for awhile and did the mandatory update. Game seemed to be running OK and then I started having problems with the external view assignments on my joystick. Not only that but the F1-F9 keys on my keyboard don't work now either.

I've re-installed ROF UE from the download twice now and run a recovery as well. The other assignments on my stick like engine toggle, blip switch, map zoom toggle, fire & reset guns, hat switch all are working.  I've tried re-doing the input controls but the external views will not function.

I also own IL-2 BOS, BOM, BOK, FC and TC as well and they are all working fine. I've tried another keyboard and unplugged my stick too. But the external keys will not work.

Anyone here ever have a problem like this and know of a fix?

I'm running WIN 7 Pro 64-bit.

#2 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 30 July 2018 - 18:05

Check your settings, a couple of them returned to default after that update.

Specifically 'mouse mode' was activated, so you'll need to re-tick the box for 'joystick'.

Hope that helps a little S!

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#3 trek

trek

Posted 31 July 2018 - 00:50

zooropa,

I've already done that. But thanks very much for the quick reply and assistance!  I can't figure out why a re-install didn't fix the problem.  My only other option is to try a free DL of ROF through Steam and see if somehow the ROF program might be more compatible with my system in some way. Although I feel as though I might be grasping at straws here.

Like I said in my OP I've never encountered a problem like this one in all my years of gaming (and that goes back to the mid-eighties!

#4 mrmertz

mrmertz

Posted 31 July 2018 - 13:30

Did you remember to double check to see if the Allow Spectators box is checked? Sounds like you're a seasoned vet so prob not that. I haven't flown it since the mandatory update so cant vouch but when I do ill check back. 

#5 trek

trek

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:42

mrmerts,

I uninstalled it again today and I'm taking a break from dealing with it. But, you know you might be on to something. I think I just might have unchecked the Allow Spectators box. Previously I had always had that checked. I wasn't aware that would affect the external views.If you're right you are really observant. I would've never though of that. Please check back here and let me know if that Is the problem, if it is I'll do another re-install!  And yes, I'm a seasoned veteran gamer but I'm also getting old. I'll be 71 next month, so I'm not nearly as sharp as I used to be.

Thanks!

#6 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:46

"Allow Spectators" allows external views. With this unchecked you will not get external views.

sig.png

#7 trek

trek

Posted 01 August 2018 - 15:49

SteveF & mrmertz,

A big thank you to both of you for solving my problem with ROF. First to you mrmertz for the initial info and second to you SteveF for the confirmation.

Yeah, after leaving the forum last night I RTFM (yeah I should know better, always RTFM!) and it was right in there about the Spectator Box.  I really don't know why I unchecked it in the first place. Probably another bad "Senior Moment" on my part. I remember that being a feature used in online MP as many players consider it a "cheat".  

Even though in SP I always dogfight from the cockpit I do like to see my plane sometimes when just cruising along in non-combat. I use chase and flyby view mostly. I did re-install it last night and everything is great! Funny how one bloody little mistake can F-up your whole game and disrupt your enjoyment of a hobby.

Thanks again, its' nice to know this forum is not completely abandoned and there are still such knowledgeable and helpful people dwelling here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users