- - - - -

My Thoughts on IL-2 Flying Circus So Far

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Fritz_Kempf

Fritz_Kempf
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 24 July 2018 - 18:03

I've seen some distress about this "update" to Rise of Flight so I decided to help voice the concerns I was reading. What do you ladies and gentlemen thing? Agree or disagree?

ribbonrack.gif

"kennscht mi noch?"

#2 lederhosen

lederhosen

Posted 24 July 2018 - 20:20

wait....... one day this will all be corrected and then on sale!

#3 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 24 July 2018 - 21:08

I can only disagree. It's going to be a better game, and it shows, supported by an engine that takes us into the future, taking advantage of the synergies with the WW2 genre.

So, it's not perfect. And it's not free. Do you know a better one? I won't even bother asking if it's free.

Developers work. They need money. Investors invest money. They need profit. It doesn't work any other way. I expect to be paid for what I do at work. I expect to pay for the immense joy these guys provide me with their work, and I know there are not millions interested in WW1 combat flight simulators. If there were, I'm sure they'd be happy with a couple bucks from each of us. Not gonna happen. It is a rather fair price to pay the way it is. I gladly support the team.

But hey, I know people who prefer other kinds of games. No harm done in that. To each his own.

#4 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 24 July 2018 - 21:18

When RoF was first release the Spad and SE5 AI would use proper tactics. Lots of people complained that it was impossible to shoot them down, so they were changed to fly like they do now.

Here’s the thing about AI that can never ever be fixed. People want AI that will put up a good fight, then die. There really aren’t any good ways to make this happen that don’t eventually get old for the player. The RoF AI does this as well as any you’ll find. It cheats. It can tell when you’re about to get a firing solution and then turns to avoid. This works, but it pisses away altitude. Eventually the AI runs out of altitude and becomes much easier to kill.

They’re never going to make the AI run away in the Spad and SE5, because they’ll be impossible to shoot down. Don’t blame the developers for this. Blame your fellow SP players.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#5 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 24 July 2018 - 21:27

BTW, you probably shouldn’t expect the AI to use coordinated team tactics any time soon, either. That would be extremely difficult to code.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#6 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:19

Huh, the ai didn't do that to me, SOB's snuck up on me, B&Zed me and ran, cam back and did it again but I was ready for them this time. I may be stoopud (lol) but not retarded.

So far I love the sim, every thing is perfect to me, Can't wait to get in a camel. wish they gave us that and DR1 first. 

#7 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:13

I may be stoopud (lol) but not retarded.

You appear to be splitting hair. I can say without hesitation that you’re one of the least intellligent people that I’ve ever encountered on the WWW in the quarter century of its existence. If it were even slightly less still, I doubt anyone here would be aware of you, because I don’t think you would be able to do even basic tasks on a computer, such as navigating around the internet or logging on to a forum. I’m not joking about this. I almost wish I were.

#8 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:12

After 10 years I was expecting also some real visible improvement in the planes graphics. 

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#9 JG1_R.Recon_J11

JG1_R.Recon_J11

Posted 28 July 2018 - 16:05

Man its a dang preorder early access. Give the guys some slack.

2r3yseo.jpg

#10 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 28 July 2018 - 17:43

They could have left the cockpits and skins to 777 Studios, which is used to do this kind of work. And I don't expect to see changes in those things. I expected a better wood job, objects and way better gauges, which kind of looks worse than ROF. At this point the cockpit of the Dr.1 is sort of an early draft.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#11 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:59

You appear to be splitting hair. I can say without hesitation that you’re one of the least intellligent people that I’ve ever encountered on the WWW in the quarter century of its existence. If it were even slightly less still, I doubt anyone here would be aware of you, because I don’t think you would be able to do even basic tasks on a computer, such as navigating around the internet or logging on to a forum. I’m not joking about this. I almost wish I were.

Is this going to be left un-moderated ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users