Photo
- - - - -

Mouse climb and dive is backwards

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 captiva

captiva

Posted 09 July 2018 - 23:11

Hello all. I'm new to RoF and understand that a joystick is the best way to play the game. However, I do not own one at this time and am using the mouse.

There is a problem. When you slide the mouse forward, you actually climb instead of dive. And when you slide the mouse back, you dive instead of climb. Is there any way to reverse these settings? I've looked through the control settings and have found nothing so far.

Thank you

#2 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 09 July 2018 - 23:54

Welcome to RoF mate.

What you can do Is go to "Responses" in options and click onto "All Planes". Then under "Current Axis" change it to "Plane Control Pitch" and there you can see the input to output. If you click the little "Invert" checkbox to the left of the graph it should fix your problem.

I hope that works for you.

Salute!

Stumble.

P.S Like you say getting a joystick is highly advised. If you do like the game and want to get into flight sims, a good semi cheap flight stick is the Thrust master T.16000M flight stick. Depending on your budget you could also buy some rudder pedals. With head tracking its very simple and rather cheap to make. If you want to know how, just ask.

Its actually an Honor to get stung by a bee.

It hates you so much, that its willing to die just

to cause you a mild amount of pain.

#3 captiva

captiva

Posted 10 July 2018 - 15:50

Welcome to RoF mate.

What you can do Is go to "Responses" in options and click onto "All Planes". Then under "Current Axis" change it to "Plane Control Pitch" and there you can see the input to output. If you click the little "Invert" checkbox to the left of the graph it should fix your problem.

I hope that works for you.

Salute!

Stumble.

P.S Like you say getting a joystick is highly advised. If you do like the game and want to get into flight sims, a good semi cheap flight stick is the Thrust master T.16000M flight stick. Depending on your budget you could also buy some rudder pedals. With head tracking its very simple and rather cheap to make. If you want to know how, just ask.

Thanks for the welcome, Stumble! I will try your suggestion for reversing the mouse climb/dive setting. And thank you for the flight stick recommendation as well.

Salute!

captiva

#4 captiva

captiva

Posted 10 July 2018 - 19:30

Thanks for the welcome, Stumble! I will try your suggestion for reversing the mouse climb/dive setting. And thank you for the flight stick recommendation as well.

Salute!

captiva

Hello again, Stumble. I tried your suggestions to no avail. After applying the changes, the mouse is still operating the same way. When I go back to the 'responses' page the settings have reverted back to the original settomgs, even after checking 'apply'. I've sent a post to 'support'. Maybe they can figure this out. Thanks again for your help./captiva

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 11 July 2018 - 00:38

Been a while since I messed around with mouse control (since the beta testing before launch of the feature, I guess), but given how the concept of mouse control works I'm not sure that it's possible to reverse the mouse action. IIRC, the mouse doesn't move the plane's controls directly - instead, the mouse moves the "target" marker/cursor around the screen, and then the plane tries to fly toward the target marker/cursor.  I suspect that they thought it would be weird/confusing if moving the mouse forward moved the on-screen target/cursor down the screen instead of up the screen (and it would probably also really mess with the way one looks around with the mouse when using the mouse view mode).  Since mouse control is at best a short-term stop gap just to get to know whether the game is interesting to you and will run on your PC sufficiently, rather than any sort of desirable long-term method of playing, perhaps it would just be better to learn to use it as designed until you can pick up a cheap joystick and ditch the whole mouse control thing.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#6 Lt.Vaughn

Lt.Vaughn

Posted 11 July 2018 - 23:43

In the game Options click the <GENERAL> tab. (1st tab)

Click the box below the mouse symbol to select "mouse" control.

Click <Apply> at the bottom of the Options window to activate the mouse.

Then, click on the 3rd tab along the top <INPUT>.

Within this Input window you will find settings for mouse and Force Feedback.

Click the box that says: "Invert Y axis." (This will cause the airplane to climb when you move the mouse toward you and descend when you move the mouse away from you.

Also, you will find a Sensitivity and Acceleration scale setting for the mouse.

I recommend a Sensitivity setting of (4) and an Acceleration setting of (2) to start. (Experiment with these numbers to get the feel you like.)

Again, click <Apply> at the bottom of the Options window to activate the changes.

:icon_e_salute:

Tony Stark is my pilot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users