Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

wrong e-mail or password

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 vule725

vule725

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:15

After many years of use, I'm reporting this error.In the meantime, I did not change my password.

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 22 June 2018 - 18:30

Maybe it's a language issue, but your post above does not clearly convey the problem you are having or the error you are trying to report.  Maybe you should try again with a little more detail.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#3 Flying_Slav1

Flying_Slav1

Posted 23 June 2018 - 21:52

Maybe it's a language issue, but your post above does not clearly convey the problem you are having or the error you are trying to report.  Maybe you should try again with a little more detail.

i have the same issue but what hapens (to me at least) when i sing in online (ingame) it says it is wrong password or email even tho i didnt change it and always left "remember me" option

#4 Odovacer

Odovacer
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:50

I've had this problem recently and fixed it within the startup.cfg file by editing it in Notepad. This was covered in another post somewhere, that's where I found it.

[KEY = account]
login = "your_sign_in_email"
password = "your_password"
steam = 0

When I looked here, my sign in name was there, but not the password. Edited the text for the password (quotes included) and saved the file and that was it. Maybe that's your problem?

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:17

In general, updates (like we had a few weeks ago) typically reset various settings to defaults, including wiping out some or all of the stored login info in the startup.cfg file - that might explain why that info was missing and perhaps why these errors are being generated at this point.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#6 Kurshuk

Kurshuk

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:46

I'm also experiencing this issue. I launched the application, my information appeared to show in the user/pass fields. Attempting to authenticate results in error 4: Invalid email or password. Checked the startup.cfg file in the application files and found the username and password information to be correct. I reset my password on the website and then copied the same password information into the application layer and attempted to login. Same error as before where it says my email or password is invalid. I was able to login to the website with the old login information, and I was able to log into the forums for the first time with my new password. My email has multiple . characters in it, is it possible it's failing a validation? Any special characters that would cause the password to fail?

Thank you for any help,

Kurshuk

#7 Kurshuk

Kurshuk

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:49

OK, so I didn't really know that there was an update. If you have not already you may want to update your client application to the latest version, this resolved the issue for me and allowed me to login.

Kurshuk

I'm also experiencing this issue. I launched the application, my information appeared to show in the user/pass fields. Attempting to authenticate results in error 4: Invalid email or password. Checked the startup.cfg file in the application files and found the username and password information to be correct. I reset my password on the website and then copied the same password information into the application layer and attempted to login. Same error as before where it says my email or password is invalid. I was able to login to the website with the old login information, and I was able to log into the forums for the first time with my new password. My email has multiple . characters in it, is it possible it's failing a validation? Any special characters that would cause the password to fail?

Thank you for any help,

Kurshuk

#8 Deloy

Deloy

Posted 03 July 2018 - 18:12

I have the same problem, reinstalled ROF on a new computer after a long break, despite trying password resets, startup.cfg thing etc, still cant log in, same error

#9 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 03 July 2018 - 22:17

I have the same problem, reinstalled ROF on a new computer after a long break, despite trying password resets, startup.cfg thing etc, still cant log in, same error

You didn't mention - have you done the update/recovery process yet?

#10 skitchzer

skitchzer
  • LocationOz-tray-leah

Posted 14 July 2018 - 13:21

I've had this problem recently and fixed it within the startup.cfg file by editing it in Notepad. This was covered in another post somewhere, that's where I found it.

[KEY = account]
login = "your_sign_in_email"
password = "your_password"
steam = 0

When I looked here, my sign in name was there, but not the password. Edited the text for the password (quotes included) and saved the file and that was it. Maybe that's your problem?

I've updated cfg file with my email & password --- run updater & still cant log in ??

At least I get the log in screen now !! lol

Please - any help appreciated !!

Cheers

#11 FVK

FVK

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:03

I'm having this problem too. Installed on a new PC after 3 years off.

#12 blue

blue

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:16

Same here! the error is headed by "#4" and below "wrong e-mail or password"

I don't know if the #4 is an error code. My Startup config shows my e-mail and password correctly but still the error persists and will not let me log in online.

There must be something else causing it. Ive had the game working since it was launched!

#13 Maxik

Maxik

Posted 05 August 2018 - 21:43

I just re-installed ROF after a hard drive crash and had the same issue. I was getting that code 4 / username/password not recognised.

I cleared it just by running the "Update Game" button. As soon as the update completed, I was able to log in as normal.

(Current  ROF version is 1.037.)

#14 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 06 August 2018 - 03:05

(Current  ROF version is 1.037.)

The previous version was also 1.037 - they don't seem to have changed the version number for the latest update(s), IIRC.  In any event, if you're having any problems like this with your game now, especially if you're coming back after a while or otherwise using an old copy/version of RoF, even if your version says it is 1.037, it would be a good idea to start the game's launcher and do both an update and a recovery.

#15 Avatar

Posted 11 August 2018 - 14:20

Thank you for this thread! I have been pulling out what little hair I have left trying to get this game to work again after a long break from it... changed the password a couple of times, logged in the forums and online but the game kept giving me this error until I ran the update... Thanks for the helpful advice in here! S!

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#16 MB01

MB01

Posted 27 August 2018 - 16:01

the same goes for me, no result on any attemp as shown in this topic. always "wrong e-mail or psw". it seems to be a rather widespread and common problem, what about it? thanks for your kindness.

#17 Nicamann

Nicamann
  • LocationsAN mARCOS, cARAZO nicaraguC

Posted 27 October 2018 - 04:29

When I go to the start the game page, I entered my old password and said it was incorrect , so I changed it, now it will not let me into the game. BUT this page asked me to long in too and was successful, WTF is going on......

#18 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:54

Read above - you need to update the game - run updater.

#19 Kapt_Z

Kapt_Z

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:51

Having same problem as mentioned above.  Old game loaded onto PC with disk and ran fine, but had not played in couple of years.  Signed in last night on a whim and received same message as others, error 4 username and password incorrect.

Tried update and when it attempted to install I got the following error-

c:\sims\1c-77\rise of flight\bin_game\release\settlngs.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Thought some issue with installation so uninstalled old game and downloaded new game off the site.  Installed new game and again received password error and tried updating and had same error message as above come up.

At a loss...

#20 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 06 November 2018 - 22:06

Not sure why folks seem to be having this problem - have tried a couple of times to do new installs from the latest version on the RoF site and have not been able to replicate the problems (both installations worked fine for me).  That's not to say people aren't having the problem, just that I can't replicate it so I don't know what's going on.  The "side by side" error message generally seems to be related to missing MS/third party stuff, so be sure that you let the RoF installation/update/recovery proces install all the third party/MS stuff it wants to (other than the adobe reader - you can safely skip that if you already have a newer one on your system).  I've seen some posts around here recently that something weird may have  happened with the latest update such that the updater file and the settings file might now need two different versions of some particular MS distributable for some reason - you may want to check those posts and try DL'ing and installing both versions just to be sure.

Good luck!

#21 Mehovushka

Mehovushka
  • Developer

Posted 07 November 2018 - 13:02

Having same problem as mentioned above.  Old game loaded onto PC with disk and ran fine, but had not played in couple of years.  Signed in last night on a whim and received same message as others, error 4 username and password incorrect.

Tried update and when it attempted to install I got the following error-

c:\sims\1c-77\rise of flight\bin_game\release\settlngs.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Thought some issue with installation so uninstalled old game and downloaded new game off the site.  Installed new game and again received password error and tried updating and had same error message as above come up.

At a loss...

1. You need to update the game.
Use rof_updater.exe file from <Game folder>\bin_game\release
Alternatively, you can install the game on Steam https://store.steamp...f_Flight_United

2. Install  "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008" you can try to do it directly from the Microsoft website

#22 Richard.W

Richard.W
  • LocationLincolnshire. England.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 21:31

Alternatively, you can install the game on Steam https://store.steamp...f_Flight_United

2. Install  "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008" you can try to do it directly from the Microsoft website

I'm having the same problems and It's fine to say we can install the game on Steam but NOT when some of us have paid for stuff in the store here.  :icon_e_sad:

#23 Richard.W

Richard.W
  • LocationLincolnshire. England.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 22:39

I'm having the same problems and It's fine to say we can install the game on Steam but NOT when some of us have paid for stuff in the store here.  :icon_e_sad:

Uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Did the updates (Again) and...........Still the same problem.

Installed the Microsoft update as suggested, then did another update for good measure. And...........We have liftoff!  :icon_e_biggrin:  ..........I can get on both the forum and the game now with my new password and I have all the stuff I'd bought earlier, so even though it wasn't simple as ABC, all's well in the end.

#24 Kapt_Z

Kapt_Z

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:50

Went the STEAM route and it works fine.  Thanks!

#25 Kapt_Z

Kapt_Z

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:53

Glad to hear you were able to get in.  No worries about the STEAM route if you ever have to go that way.  I was able to log in through them and access all the planes and modpacks I had previously purchased on the main site.

#26 Mehovushka

Mehovushka
  • Developer

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:46

The content is tied to the account on which it was activated. The launch source does not matter.

#27 hairyoldguy

hairyoldguy

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:41

I also have this issue. ROF worked fine with my old pc but I can't log in on my new one. When I update I get the side by side error and have to uninstall the c++ redistributable. Then reinstall it using the third party installer. But nothing I've tried lets me log in and run the game. I manually put my email address and password in the config file but all that did was display them in the appropriate places on the login screen. I'm stumped :icon_e_wink:

#28 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:59

I also have this issue. ROF worked fine with my old pc but I can't log in on my new one. When I update I get the side by side error and have to uninstall the c++ redistributable. Then reinstall it using the third party installer. But nothing I've tried lets me log in and run the game. I manually put my email address and password in the config file but all that did was display them in the appropriate places on the login screen. I'm stumped :icon_e_wink:

Can you log in to the store using those same credentials?

#29 US103_Doolittle

US103_Doolittle
  • Location64.9631° N, 19.0208° W

Posted 05 May 2019 - 17:15

"It's not how old you are, it's how you are old."

~ Jules Renard ~

#30 BadChad13

BadChad13

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:17

Hi,

I can login online to the web site, BUT the game comes up with a error when I try to play it.

#4:  "Wrong email or password"

Anyone know what I can do??

#31 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:09

Have you updated the game?

#32 BadChad13

BadChad13

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:18

Does support answer help requests ????????????

#33 BadChad13

BadChad13

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:19

The game seems to be up to date, yet I get a error #4:  "Wrong email or password"

#34 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:03

When you say it seems to be up to date, does that mean you clicked the update button and the splash screen exited without doing nothing? This would in principle mean it is up to date. But you need to try to force the update by pressing the button.

#35 erchacoo

erchacoo

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:20

Hello! Updating the program is not the solution, I'm a new gamer and just installed the lastest version of the program, then registered in the webpage (I can succesfully log in the website) but I receiving the "wrong mail or password" message and the 04 error.

There must be another solution to this issue, I'm using Win 10

Please somebody to really help us to fix the problem.

Thanks in advence

#36 bassman58

bassman58

Posted 03 October 2019 - 19:33

I just downloaded the game myself for the first time. I updated the program and modified the startup.cfg file and it's now working. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users