Photo
- - - - -

Two monitors; two cameras.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wruined

Wruined

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:45

Is it possible to have two monitors set up, so that one is used by the pilot, and a second is used for spectators?

I have run RoF at an aged care facility, setting up a flying school for very basic introduction to flight and simulation. I would also like to be able to have two monitors, with a second monitor being used by spectators to get a view of the aircraft from an outside perspective, while a pilot continues to fly using a cockpit view.

I suspect this is not possible; but could it be done in a multiplayer setup, with a one player as a spectator effectively sitting in the same aircraft as the pilot. Could be done as a gunner, I guess (I have not tried this yet; still new to the program) but is there a way to spectate as a kind of virtual passenger to a single seater?

#2 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:18

You can set the decond screen to clone first, and have spectators see exactly what pilot sees. Or use second PC with second screen logged in and specrating. But what you ask - spectating and flying on same PC using two screens - I don't think so.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#3 Wruined

Wruined

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:27

Thanks! (I did use the clone method at the facility, using a big wall projector for a small audience of people interested to see what this flight simulator thing was.)

Can a spectator with a second PC, in multiplayer, attach their camera to someone else's aircraft somehow? That would do nicely. I tried spectator just recently, but couldn't see how I could get the camera to follow a particular aircraft. I'd like the audience to follow the aircraft, while the pilot is still able to use cockpit camera. (This would also be an interesting way to get videos of a dogfight, I would think.)

#4 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:54

The cheating possibilities seem immense. The reason why they didn't allow it, probably.

#5 Wruined

Wruined

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:56

Hmm... good point

#6 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:39

Why not have a second machine and use it as gunner/observer?

#7 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 17 June 2018 - 14:01

Can a spectator with a second PC, in multiplayer, attach their camera to someone else's aircraft somehow? That would do nicely. I tried spectator just recently, but couldn't see how I could get the camera to follow a particular aircraft. I'd like the audience to follow the aircraft, while the pilot is still able to use cockpit camera.

2 pcs, 2 accounts with the second account spectating the first in an online multiplayer 'icons on' server. That's no problem, but can you padlock or fix a 'view' in spectate mode? I don't know.
Im not with my pc now, perhaps someone else knows? If no reply I'll try it asap.

Edit: yup, all the view commands work on NFF servers. So a/c #2 can view #1 plane from rear (combat camera F4) or padlock to enemy (F8), flyby (F3) etc

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users