• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 paco7425

paco7425

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:48

Hola amigos

After updating the game, the new "Rise of flight" icon send me this error

"C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of flight\bin_game\release\Settings.exe 

The application could not be started; the parallel configuration is not right. Consult the event log of the application or use the tool sxtrace.exe to obtain more details"

Do you know how to fix it?

saludos and thanks in advance

#2 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 27 May 2018 - 17:47

Try finding RoF.exe and running it directly. And check the threads about recent update, you are not the first to run into this.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#3 paco7425

paco7425

Posted 27 May 2018 - 17:57

Thanks J2, located ROF.EXE file and applied through it and it's full operative, created also a SHORTCUT of this file

saludos

#4 passao

passao

Posted 27 May 2018 - 18:39

Same thing here after the update:

Launcher starts but start game button does nothing, only close itself

Settins exe ends with the same error descripted above

Start ROF exe directly goes ok, althought graphics and views settings are lost, controls changed to mouse (but joy settins are retained)

Just reconfiguring everything and getting some patience. It is weekend and I am sure for the next week the 777 team will fix the issue, totally trusted on it, they have an exquisite customer care, no doubts

Windows10 here, cpu i5, Nvidia 650 card, integrated sound, asus mobo (very common setup)

A salute to all

#5 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 27 May 2018 - 19:05

If they read this, nobody from 1C seems to care about this game and forum any more.
Maybe it is better to post this in the official 1c forum, https://forum.il2stu...-studios-games/
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#6 beresford

beresford

Posted 27 May 2018 - 22:54

I've given up on trying to fix this for tonight. I downloaded a clean copy of ROF. The situation seems to be as follows:

1. Unless I update, the game won't recognise my password.

2. if I update, settings.exe won't work.

3. If I update and use rof.exe directly, I will be unable to alter screen settings or update in future because I didn't go through settings.exe.

#7 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:47

Are you getting the sise by side error when launching settings.exe?
If so that is a visual c+ error.
Normally fixed by re running vcredist in install files for RoF.

sig.png

#8 beresford

beresford

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:18

Are you getting the sise by side error when launching settings.exe?
If so that is a visual c+ error.
Normally fixed by re running vcredist in install files for RoF.

Tried it, didn't work. I tried running it from the Download Folder and from the 'E' directory where ROF is installed. 'This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details'. Since I made a fresh install and ran Update I can only assume that the Update is porked.

The game will run by direct link to rof.exe, but in a stupid window instead of full-screen.

#9 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:47

So you've unzipped ROF_UE, gone into the ROF_UE install folder opened the 3rd party folder and ran vcredist?

ROF-UE/3rd_Party/vcredist/en/vcredist_x86.exe

Side by Side is a C+ error.

sig.png

#10 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 28 May 2018 - 13:15

The side by side error is due to a missing redistributable file.

This is a link to missing  MS redistributable files.  Do not click on the big blue sign that says download. It is the blue text line underneath it.

After installing it, everything was fine.    https://www.npackd.org/p/com.microsoft.VisualCPPRedistributable/9.0.21022.8

sig9.png

#11 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 May 2018 - 16:04

Thats what I posted.
That is what is in the 3rd Party folder

Vcredist is that MS redist

sig.png

#12 beresford

beresford

Posted 28 May 2018 - 22:41

So you've unzipped ROF_UE, gone into the ROF_UE install folder opened the 3rd party folder and ran vcredist?

Yep. Just to be sure, I did it again following your precise instructions.

#13 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 28 May 2018 - 23:50

Tried it, didn't work. I tried running it from the Download Folder and from the 'E' directory where ROF is installed. 'This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details'. Since I made a fresh install and ran Update I can only assume that the Update is porked.

The game will run by direct link to rof.exe, but in a stupid window instead of full-screen.

As a temporary fix for the window issue, open /data/startup.cfg with a text editor (not wordprocessor) , and under [KEY = graphics] set fullscreen = 1

#14 beresford

beresford

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:45

As a temporary fix for the window issue, open /data/startup.cfg with a text editor (not wordprocessor) , and under [KEY = graphics] set fullscreen = 1

Thanks, that worked. Hope ROF is fixed soon and this is not part of the Russian cyberwar on Western civilisation. :icon_e_wink:

#15 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:26

RoF doesn't need to be fixed. The issue is your end.
If there was a problem we would all have it.

Go to your control panel uninstall Microsoft C++ 2005 Redistributable
And then reinstall.

The side by side configuration error is something that has been around since RoF started.
It rears it's head every now and again, you're unlucky in that you have it now.

You can manually edit startup.cfg to get the setting you want
Settings Exe is a GUI that edits the startup.cfg.

[KEY = graphics]
	desktop_center = 1
	dither = 0
	filter = 3
	forest_distance = 4
	forest_quality = 1
	fps_limit = 0
	full_height = 1080
	full_width = 1920
	fullscreen = 1
	gamma_b = 0.80000
	gamma_g = 0.80000
	gamma_r = 0.80000
	grass_quality = 9
	land_textures = 0
	landscape_mesh_quality = 1.00000
	lights_count = 20
	mgpu_compatible = 0
	multisampling = 1
	objects_distance = 1.00000
	post_bloom_enable = 0
	post_contrast = 0
	post_dof_enable = 0
	post_drops_enable = 1
	post_effects_enable = 1
	post_hdr = 0
	post_sharpen = 0
	reflection = 3
	saturation = 0.75000
	shaders = 2
	shadows_quality = 2
	supersample = 0
	texmipdown = 0
	vsync = 1
	win_height = 1440
	win_width = 2560
[END]

sig.png

#16 beresford

beresford

Posted 29 May 2018 - 16:25

RoF doesn't need to be fixed. The issue is your end.
If there was a problem we would all have it.

Go to your control panel uninstall Microsoft C++ 2005 Redistributable
And then reinstall.

The side by side configuration error is something that has been around since RoF started.
It rears it's head every now and again, you're unlucky in that you have it now.

Did that. I found that there were two 'C++ 2005 Redistributable' entries, so I deleted them both.  Reinstalled from the upload as before. Setup.exe still gives the side by side error.

#17 beresford

beresford

Posted 29 May 2018 - 16:29

BTW Steve, you DID get that setup.exe works fine from a clean install, it only fails after I then run Update on the clean install. Presumably the others reporting the same problem above are also unlucky.

#18 beresford

beresford

Posted 29 May 2018 - 17:17

Newsflash: I followed the link that Buttzell posted earlier and uploaded C++ 2008 rather than running the one in the ROF download, and all seems to be good again. :icon_e_salute:

#19 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 May 2018 - 13:37

BTW Steve, you DID get that setup.exe works fine from a clean install, it only fails after I then run Update on the clean install. Presumably the others reporting the same problem above are also unlucky.

I’m only trying to help

sig.png

#20 passao

passao

Posted 30 May 2018 - 19:04

SOLVED:

At the end, put VC 2008 redistributable and it runs ok: launcher, settings and game

Curious at the least

#21 beresford

beresford

Posted 30 May 2018 - 19:43

I’m only trying to help

I know.... and help IS always welcome. :icon_e_smile:

#22 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:10

I had a closer look last night.

Beresford is totally correct. The setting Exe has been updated to use C+ 2008.
2008 was already on my system probably due to some other game and there will be a large percentage of players here in the same boat. So I never saw an issue.

However only settings.exe is updated to use the newer library.
Updater.exe still uses 2005

So the game now needs to be packaged with 2005 and 2008 MS Visual C+

sig.png

#23 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:08

Strange, still not any reaction from 1C, 
But thanks for figure this out I will now update my ROF mp game boot. 

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#24 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 03 June 2018 - 17:34

The side by side error is due to a missing redistributable file.

This is a link to missing  MS redistributable files.  Do not click on the big blue sign that says download. It is the blue text line underneath it.

After installing it, everything was fine.    https://www.npackd.org/p/com.microsoft.VisualCPPRedistributable/9.0.21022.8

Thanks Guys,  :icon_e_salute:

Sorry About That                                                           

#25 Red_Von_Hammer

Red_Von_Hammer

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:56

Tried all the above (config, redist2005, 2008, reinstall) no go :(

#26 Sabre

Sabre

Posted 23 August 2018 - 14:01

Could somebody post a link to the right 2008 redist download?

Thanks.

#27 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 23 August 2018 - 22:53

This thread.

https://riseofflight...pc/#entry697211

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

#28 Superhuey

Superhuey
  • LocationNorfolk, England

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:06

Suffered this problem after a clean instal of Windows 10 (very long story starting with the last major udate). Problem was solved by downloading the MS redistributable as per link from JG1 Butzzell. I made sure I followed his instruction to avoid using the big juicy blue button, and clicking on the blue text line below it. 

Many thanks to JG1 Butzzell for the link and J2 SteveF for the explanations and advice plus all other helpers on this thread.

I am now up and running

Regards to all,

Terry

#29 JGS4_Te

JGS4_Te

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:29

SOLUTION

Wow ... thanks!  Been struggling with the ROF.exe and Settings file not opening and getting the "side-by-side" error message.  Spent more than 10 hours on this and even reinstalled Windows 10 thinking it would be the solution.  What a pain.  That didn't work. 

Key for me (yes, I it works now!) was Butzell's link above that looks like it's a C++ 2008 Redistributable.   Most importantly, the tip to "run as adminstrator" on the install of this file (vcredist_x86.exe) was the crucial piece.  Early on, after the ROF.exe file worked, it stopped working.  I ran the vcredist_86.exe again as administrator a second time and now I'm consistently up.

Seems that the 3rd part Vcredist_86.exe that comes the the Rise of Flight download is for C++ 2005 and it wasn't working for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users