Photo
- - - - -

Mod: Exchange watertower by wooden lookout towers on airfields

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 23 May 2018 - 20:13

Still do not know why some did use this model on the airfields, but I still think these massive Vander water tower models, do not belong at the airfields edge. Prefer to see Water towers as a model at the edge of the towns.
I did found my old mod that exchanged these Vander Water towers by wooden observation towers (whats in a name). The used skin was a part from other sources and made by talented skinners, so not by me. I only collected them in to a file so it can be used in the JSGME tool mod folder.
Unlike most other models this can be used, (if an water tower does show up), in every off line mission or PW-CG, because it simply exchange the ingame Vander watertower skin.

Panthercules maybe this is also interesting for your download page, feel free to use it.

Edit: correcting career does not use water-towers and make the text more clear.  

Attached Files

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 May 2018 - 21:44

Some before and after pics would be nice - I tried to do that for you but I tried several different airfields in QMB and couldn't find any that had either the water towers or the modded observation towers near the field.

If you can let me know one of the airfields that has the water tower in the stock game, I'll be happy to try again and get some before and after pics and add this one to the list on my page.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:  26378534688_53852d3abd_o.jpg

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 24 May 2018 - 19:55

Use an mission that does have an water tower on the airfield, I know I did have some but they are lost because of the reinstall. In PW-CG you will always have these water towers and I believe one mission in the mods does contain a water tower. Noticed only 3 downloads so maybe not that interesting or it should be transferred to the PWCG forum.  

Below are pictures taken from PWCG 3.3 and 16.3 so here it does work.  

Attached File  obstowerFrance.jpg   161.93KB   4 downloads

Attached File  WtowerFrance.jpg   183.37KB   1 downloads

Attached File  ObsTowerGer.jpg   167.81KB   1 downloads

Attached File  WTowerGer.jpg   118.98KB   1 downloads

Attached File  obstowerRus.jpg   93.56KB   1 downloads

Attached File  WtowerRus.jpg   96.63KB   1 downloads

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

#4 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 May 2018 - 20:03

I see what you mean Dutch. Hopefully 777 can add those fir places like airfields and keep the brick ones for towns.
1mUlMuE.png
Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 May 2018 - 15:53

OK - I was trying stock missions, but it looks like you're using PWCG missions.  I'll check it out with some of those when I get a chance.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#6 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 26 May 2018 - 13:34

I like those little things. Very good. I always wondered what those watertowers are for, think they were just a replacement for what you created now. Thanks. Hope someone has the time to add them into pwcg.

#7 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 26 May 2018 - 16:30

I like those little things. Very good. I always wondered what those watertowers are for, think they were just a replacement for what you created now. Thanks. Hope someone has the time to add them into pwcg.

Haven't had the time to test it yet, but if I'm interpreting the OP correctly nobody needs to spend any time putting these into PWCG - installing the mod will simply replace the water towers already in PWCG with these other towers.

Funny thing - I figured I would take a look at some old photos and see which type of tower was present at these airfields, but although I looked at several dozen that Google coughed up I couldn't find any pictures that showed either type of tower.  Not sure why Vander/Pat decided to use the water towers in the first place, but I assume they must have had a reason.  In any event, it's nice to have a choice so you can use whichever tower style you like the best.

#8 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 26 May 2018 - 17:07

I know it was not only Pat that do use Watertowers, I know that I did have a couple of missions that also use these Vander watertowers. Which btw, are very good made or designed by Vander, but I do prefer them around towns and not on every airfield.

And yes just put them in the mods folder or do it manually. Now If an water tower has been used by Pat, it will be automatic replaced by the observation tower.

#9 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:02

Fantastic! So its very simple, thats even better:)

@Panthercules: You can see these towers in the famous Fokker Film (owned by S.Spielberg)

The reason why you dont see them often in photos might be because they are not that spectecular compared to air planes and Crew and..errm.. tents (well..ok) so they often did not make it into the photo

But also because as war went on the shifting of aerodromes became more frequent and who wants to put up such towers everytime you make a move..I would't;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users