Photo
- - - - -

Coombes Camel

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 camelfan

camelfan

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:53

Hi. I'm a new member. I see that there was a forum about the Camel flown by L.P. Coombes. He was my grandfather so I'd love to know how his plane was chosen to be made as a model. I also have a colour, not coloured, photo of the plane which I'd like to send a copy of to the member who made the model. Can someone help me here?

#2 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 15 May 2018 - 17:47

Hi. I'm a new member. I see that there was a forum about the Camel flown by L.P. Coombes. He was my grandfather so I'd love to know how his plane was chosen to be made as a model. I also have a colour, not coloured, photo of the plane which I'd like to send a copy of to the member who made the model. Can someone help me here?

Could you link the aforementioned forum (topic?) so we can better understand what you are talking about? Unless someone from the time or the mentioned forum reads your post, but many people just left the game in the last years. And it is great to hear that you have an original photo of your grandfather's Camel.

Edit: you mean this poll?

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#3 camelfan

camelfan

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:41

I'm afraid that I don't think I'm going to be able to provide you with the link because when I searched for it, instead of the forum I found, this page is what came up. I've tried searching through past forums, but it doesn't seem to be there. I remember that is was from last year and that it was locked, if that's any help. The member I tried to write to directly was a part of the forum.

#4 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 16 May 2018 - 14:53

I'm afraid that I don't think I'm going to be able to provide you with the link because when I searched for it, instead of the forum I found, this page is what came up. I've tried searching through past forums, but it doesn't seem to be there. I remember that is was from last year and that it was locked, if that's any help. The member I tried to write to directly was a part of the forum.

Did you see the link that I provided? It is from 2016 and the thread is locked.

This one: https://riseofflight...-rnas-10-f4017/

You can message him. But if you liked the work he did (preserving the memory of your grandfather and his airplane), it would be great if you started a thread about your grandfather, providing photos, information and memories that you recall. If the model you saw has some mistakes, you could provide photos to improve it and so on so forth. Or even a website. It would be a nice tribute to him and I'm sure everyone here would be interested to see photos, documents and read about his stories.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#5 camelfan

camelfan

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:29

Yes, that's the link I meant. Now that I have the link, I can try writing directly to the member who built the model.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users