Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Features you'd like to see in FC?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#121 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:33

Also, what will happen to this forum?? Is there gonna be a new FC forum??

Salute!
S.

If they do make a new forum, I hope the trolls leave with it XD

Guess for FC that will be in the official BoX forum.
I do hope the owner of RoF, 1C, does merge this forum into an official RoF section on the BoX forum website. Because I think after the release on FC this forum will be empty and soon or later it will be closed.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#122 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:14

Full real means servers like Syndicate if you don't know ROF. And who the heck are you anyway? Do you fly on the servers?

Never go Full Real

0d839f5a-5c4c-4bd8-85cb-b4d23529f885.jpg

Its better described as Expert mode, or Full simulation. 

#123 Wulfe

Wulfe

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:19

HAH! 

Br81ETx.png

#124 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 April 2018 - 13:05

Many people have expressed the same, and there is a server that runs this type of missions with no takers, go figure.

New Wings Fast n Furious did try to give them a reboot, true. I flew there when I could, but no one really ever showed. :( I’m hopeful, however, that with the increased playerbase Flying Circus will hopefully bring, the capture the airbase missions could make a comeback. ;)

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#125 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 29 April 2018 - 14:04

<mod hat on>
Seawolf,
please drop the confrontational tone and personal undertones. I'm sorry to see that as soon as this forum started making shift towards civilised discussions you've started filling the "I'm right, you're wring, you suck" troll niche. The atmosphere and discussion standards it cultivates are not what I'm trying to uphold.

This is a warning, my next reaction will be ban.
</mod hat on>

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#126 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 29 April 2018 - 14:29

<mod hat on>
Seawolf,
please drop the confrontational tone and personal undertones. I'm sorry to see that as soon as this forum started making shift towards civilised discussions you've started filling the "I'm right, you're wring, you suck" troll niche. The atmosphere and discussion standards it cultivates are not what I'm trying to uphold.

This is a warning, my next reaction will be ban.
</mod hat on>

So the guy troll me and I'm the confrontational. 

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#127 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 29 April 2018 - 14:36

You are grown man, your actions are yours alone. I don't buy this excuse. If you feel trolled, use report button.

Also, this discussion should continue by PM, you're driving threat OT by arguing your cause.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#128 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 29 April 2018 - 18:18

NFF has captured the flag on 1 mission.

What I would like to see is having the gunner seats locked when spawning. FC won't be a free game any longer so no need to keep it open.  Getting tired of having my plane shot up by my gunner.

#129 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 29 April 2018 - 18:46

So the guy troll me and I'm the confrontational.

I didn't realize that what I posted would be construed as "trolling". I was posting because I find it funny that a bunch of people who invariably play a game, indoors, from behind a computer screen, can call anything that happens in that game "full real".

I understand what you are referring to. I just find the terminology amusing.

I'm with Furlow. Expert mode. Nothing in this game is "real".

#130 Wulfe

Wulfe

Posted 29 April 2018 - 21:35

Whereas I see your point, Hrafn, I think that 'Full Real' is just a convenient shorthand term for 'Realistic' game aspects such as lack of icons, lack of smart gauges, engine management, etc. etc. 

By any means, this thread has remained refreshingly non-confrontational, and I hope it stays that way  ;)

Anyway, 

I think it would be a really nice touch of realism if there was some kind of percentage modifier on the plane's engines / structural stability, in order to simulate factory defects. Perhaps one plane might break apart without warning in a dive, perhaps another plane can turn ever so slightly tighter than usual, etc. etc. 

Of course, such a feature would have to have the option of being turned on / off by server owners! 

Br81ETx.png

#131 raaaaid

raaaaid

Posted 29 April 2018 - 21:37

its an abreviation for full REALism

all right doctor we got a deal i let you finger me and you extend my life

zen proverbs: the masochist boxer always wins,to be a real boy you need to be brave truthfull and unselfish

#132 =CfC=FatherTed

=CfC=FatherTed

Posted 29 April 2018 - 21:38

Never go Full Real

0d839f5a-5c4c-4bd8-85cb-b4d23529f885.jpg

Its better described as Expert mode, or Full simulation. 

Well I'd go with the old IL2 designation "full switch" which just means you ticked all the boxes on the difficulty settings.  In the end it means the same thing but it doesn't convey an impossible-to-deliver realism and/or a newbie-alienating elitism.

#133 Wulfe

Wulfe

Posted 29 April 2018 - 21:40

Well I'd go with the old IL2 designation "full switch" which just means you ticked all the boxes on the difficulty settings.  In the end it means the same thing but it doesn't convey an impossible-to-deliver realism and/or a newbie-alienating elitism.

Sounds good - let's go with that! 

Br81ETx.png

#134 sp1969

sp1969

Posted 29 April 2018 - 22:28

Can be quite real.

Attached Files

#135 sp1969

sp1969

Posted 29 April 2018 - 22:30

Chuckle

#136 Wulfe

Wulfe

Posted 29 April 2018 - 22:30

Can be quite real.

Nice setup you got there LOL

Br81ETx.png

#137 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:58

IIRC the two Dr.I prottypes were equipped with climbing props and production ones used cruising props.

Undocumented use of different props is one of reasons on why the historical partial performance data we have is so inconsistent and insufficient, both for getting exact performance of one type and comparing their relative performance. On top of fuel quality, battle damage, engine wear, unreliable instruments not adhering to the same standards of measurement between countries...

I have not yet find any evidence that they used "climbing props". There is a post of a member of this forum saying that MvR changed the pitch of his propeller in 1918 (not with the prototypes), but it might be related to the quote below:

All the Dr.Is fitted with Axial propellers had a diameter of 2.62 m and a pitch of 2.30 m. There may have been slight deviations from those Axial numbers on the alternate Lorenzen and Heine props, but not much. The climb propeller nonsense published in Bennett's book is incorrect. ["Taz" Terry Phillips]

Terry Phillips wrote an article on Over The Front Journal Vol.20, No. 2 issue, titled "Fokker Triplane F.1 102/17 & 103/17: A Photographic Study" by Terry Phillips and Aaron Weaver". He seems to understand what he's talking about and he has links to Peter Grosz and other WWI scholars. 

So although some pilots altered their machines, like McCudden himself, it is a bit of a stretch to say that there was no standardization or inconsistency regarding the Dr.I. It is more likely otherwise. There were few modifications, most notably the Le Rhône and Clerget adaptations.

Regarding the F.I prototypes, Greg VanWyngarden (another WWI scholar with several WWI publications), wrote in a post where I was asking about the F.I propellers:

The famous photos of Voss standing in front of the nose of F.I 103/17 show it was fitted with a standard German Axial propeller, as was used in many later production Triplanes. Photos of 102/17 show it was similarly equipped; the Axial decal is very prominent.

Then we can assume that data from both the prototypes and the later Dr.1 versions will have common grounds.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#138 beresford

beresford

Posted 05 August 2018 - 17:29

In contrast with some previous posters, I would like to see a box you can tick to have the aircraft trimmed for level flight, rather than having to individually adjust the curves for every aircraft. I 'get' that the real pilots flew with their yokes pushed forward but I am flying with a twist-grip joystick and don't want to sit rigidly with my hand pushed forward for half an hour at a time. I find that in this position it is hard to avoid twisting the stick and thus flying crab-wise. As long as the hardcore guys with replica cockpits can hold their yokes forward I don't see the harm in allowing others to have the forward yoke 'factored in'. 

As far as flak goes, it would be good if gunners didn't fire manically at aircraft on the other side of NML.

#139 beresford

beresford

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:13

On the subject of flak, there I was flying along in my WWI Spad 13 in my first 'Flying Circus' flight when I was shot down by an Sdkfz 10. Seems kinda unfair somehow ;) You'd think that they wouldn't be able to stop laughing enough to shoot. Does this mean that I can go onto an IL2 Stalingrad server and take on Me109s?

#140 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 06 August 2018 - 14:10

Lol

#141 Dauntless1

Dauntless1

Posted 06 August 2018 - 14:51

I want to see an ambulance come and greet me when I'm wounded!!  :icon_e_deadman:

#142 =CfC=FatherTed

=CfC=FatherTed

Posted 06 August 2018 - 21:34

Does this mean that I can go onto an IL2 Stalingrad server and take on Me109s?

Yep, if the server includes both planes.  I've been on the FAC server to do this.  Depending on what's going on you may come up against AI or a human opponent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users