* * * * * 1 votes

Features you'd like to see in FC?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 J2_Wulfe

J2_Wulfe

Posted 14 April 2018 - 00:12

Hey all, 

I was thinking about FC recently, and thought it would be cool if we all mentioned some stuff we'd like to see in the new game! Never mind about how implausible it may be, this is just some fun speculation  ;) 

Personally, I think it would be really cool when your guns jam if there would only be, say, a 10% chance that recharging the guns actually clears the jam. That way, you'd have to recharge the guns several times (unless you're lucky!) in order to get them firing again. I think it would add a really nice touch of realism to the game and would make for some real white-knuckle moments in a dogfight!

Wulfe, Flieger von Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke".

cDS2KiC.pngpRpJYMe.png

#2 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 14 April 2018 - 00:16

I want to see a fleshed out career mode like Kuban just got.

#3 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:47

I'd like reasonable rigging options so we can custom rig our planes for specific purposes where historically appropriate.
Propellor pitch/type, tailplane incidence, dihedral adjust etc

Perfectly acceptable stuff for a car SIM.

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#4 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:22

Remember that things not in BoX will have to wait for FC2, at least...

What I'd love is Mercedes D.IIIau engine as field mod for German in-line single-seaters, especially Fokker D.VII. All pieces to make it will be already there in FC1.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#5 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:09

Integrated recon and artillery spotting system that awards points for completing those tasks; as that was the main purpose for two seaters.  Occupied and fully modeled trenches (3D not simple textures on the ground) that spew rifle and machine gun fire whenever EA fly low enough.  Caterpillar silent drive for the V8 powered allied crates... 

Dear chaps, I'm time warping to 1940, see you over the English channel. Salute!

#6 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:57

It would be fun to learn Morse code for doing the artillery spot.  

#7 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:56

-SDK for the career mode, so modders could bring in there own career mode or doing corrections without have to wait on that Luke guy.
-Simple “paint your plane mode”, just a matter of selecting parts and you have your semi-costum made plane skin, in SP and MP.
-AI enemy pilot behavour, everybody has its own taste, make this selectable, in behavour and skill.
-Make the deffencive AI 2-seater gunner offencive, so as an sample it will also react when piloting your Fee at the tail of an albatros.
-Adjust the planes FM to the plane damage, now an plane that has being shot to nearly scrap, can still fly at full performance and doing stunts like it is a new plane.
-Improvement of the looks of the plane, some later introduced planes like the Roland and both Sikorskies are badmade and need an overhaul, before being ported.
-Styrile game, Russian designers are good in basic but are still lacking the capacity to make a flysim immerse. Think being open for modders could help.
-uberplanes, the Snipe and the Siemens DIV. As being stated by Jason buyers always go for the uberplanes, so this populair plane set would be the extra 2 planes from the premium FC-pack. Not my taste as I more like the early birds, but it will bring in the needed cash for 1C.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

2009 Rof pre-order buyer

#8 Kelp44

Kelp44
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:14

+1

Not that I want to rain out your party OP but one better also remember the real targeting public by the Devs?

Or chose to forget & dream on ...

#9 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:52

What I'd love is Mercedes D.IIIau engine as field mod for German in-line single-seaters, especially Fokker D.VII. All pieces to make it will be already there in FC1.

This.

The D.VII can be a single model with both the Mercedes D.IIIaü and BMW D.IIIa as field mods, so three engines in total.

It gets murkier for the Albatros D.Va, which already performs as if it had an overcompressed engine installed, especially compared to the performance figures of the Halberstadt CL.II 200hp which was skipped (forgotten?) during the final FM patch.

...and it’s another FM thread in disguise!

Honestly I think we’re going to have the planes exactly as they are in RoF, with perhaps the exception of the D.VII being one model with two engines and the Halberstadt CL.II the only plane with a D.IIIaü engine variant.

#10 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 14 April 2018 - 14:30

I would like to see selectable fuel tanks.

Rear view mirrors as a field mod for planes that had them irl.

And like many of you guys, I'd like to have the aü engine in the DVII.

Have a nice day.

:icon_e_salute:

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#11 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich
  • LocationNorway / Finland

Posted 14 April 2018 - 14:41

My FCv2 wishlist...

• Channel Map
  • Seaplanes -- especially a late-war Hansa-Brandenburg W.29
  • Proper recon, including statistics to attribute the success to the pilot
  • Working artillery spotting, including naval artillery spotting, and pilot-stats for it.
  • I also really like Furlow's idea of a built in Morse-Vail Code key. Yes please!

Recon/spotting is a critical aspect of the first air war and thus an essential part of any historical campaign. Currently, there is no recon in IL2:BoX, which makes me worried. However, it is utterly vital to the credibility of FCvX that this is implemented properly and not just as an afterthought. I'd readily forego seaplanes to get recon/spotter mechanisms and statistics fully integrated into the sim.

xvii-kuesta-sig.jpg

#12 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 14 April 2018 - 17:17

My FCv2 wishlist...

• Channel Map
  • Seaplanes -- especially a late-war Hansa-Brandenburg W.29
  • Proper recon, including statistics to attribute the success to the pilot
  • Working artillery spotting, including naval artillery spotting, and pilot-stats for it.
  • I also really like Furlow's idea of a built in Morse-Vail Code key. Yes please!

Recon/spotting is a critical aspect of the first air war and thus an essential part of any historical campaign. Currently, there is no recon in IL2:BoX, which makes me worried. However, it is utterly vital to the credibility of FCvX that this is implemented properly and not just as an afterthought. I'd readily forego seaplanes to get recon/spotter mechanisms and statistics fully integrated into the sim.

The current Recon program for MP was developed by Ankor85.  This converts the in game single player server based photo recon to a client based system. It could  be included in the stock game for both FC and BOX.  The same program could be easily modified to make Artillery Correction to client side for MP.

#13 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 14 April 2018 - 17:28

Yeah, Mercedes D.IIIaü for the D.VII and proper recon / artillery spotting and stats and points for these types of missions would be a great improvement. The recon crews and D.VII pilots (I include myself in both categories) would greatly appreciate it.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#14 sturtz

sturtz
  • LocationOklahoma. United States

Posted 14 April 2018 - 18:37

All great ideas guys !   Always thought having some ground crews would be cool. Maybe land at selected airfields and re-supply or minor damage repair. 

What would really be fun and useful would be to man the observation balloons. Long range binoculars and scopes ,, reporting to your squad etc .  And of course a parachute when I come and pop your hydrogen bag.  :icon_lol:

Sturtz

#15 IFlyCentral

IFlyCentral
  • LocationTerok Nor

Posted 14 April 2018 - 20:04

If I were to dream big; I would want the LFG Roland D.VI added to the game. 

200904141201_72034sch.jpg

It was not even as rare as some of the planes we already have in RoF; with a total of 350 Built in two variants. I doubt we will get it, but it would be nice to have. 

-Aviation Cheat Codes-

7500 - Fly Formation with F-16
7600 - ATC Mute Button
7700 - Priority Landing Anywhere

#16 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 14 April 2018 - 21:04

The possibility of additional aircraft once all RoF aircraft  are ported over is one of the most exciting prospects of FC.  I would like to see more German and French two seaters, along with more Nieuport varients such as the 23 and 24 which would be more competitive with the albatross.  The Morane Saulnier  AI would be pretty cool to have too.  

#17 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 14 April 2018 - 22:33

Honestly I think we’re going to have the planes exactly as they are in RoF, with perhaps the exception of the D.VII being one model with two engines and the Halberstadt CL.II the only plane with a D.IIIaü engine variant.

I'd love to have D.IIIau in the Pfalz, too. 

Forum moderator.

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#18 J2_Wulfe

J2_Wulfe

Posted 14 April 2018 - 22:50

If I were to dream big; I would want the LFG Roland D.VI added to the game. 

200904141201_72034sch.jpg

It was not even as rare as some of the planes we already have in RoF; with a total of 350 Built in two variants. I doubt we will get it, but it would be nice to have. 

Yes! I also think it would be cool to get an Albatros 2-seater as well, actually...

And some more early stuff like the B.E.2 and the Albatros D.I !

cDS2KiC.pngpRpJYMe.png

#19 I_Got_Shot

I_Got_Shot

Posted 14 April 2018 - 22:54

Without a doubt points for Arty and photo recon as they were the whole reason the air war arms race started.

Palestine map.

Austrian map

I notice people want field mods for the German engines so I'll jump in for Entente here,

Four bladed SE.5a with appropriate engine refinement.

Camel BR.1 (Bentley 150hp for RNAS aircraft).

Field mod for Clerget engine upgrade to 140hp B.F. variant for RFC and AFC Camels  

US engine Camels with the 160hp Gnome 9N Monosoupape engine or above B.F upgrade.

New Planes

Roland VIb (124mph) Benz Bz.IIIa engine version

Junkers D.9,

Siemens DIV

Sopwith Snipe,

Hansa Brandenburg W.29,

Junkers J.1,

Rumpler C.IV and VI?

Salmson 2-A2 both French and US versions,

LVG C.VI,

Hannover CL.II

AMC DH.9 and 9a

AEG G.IV

Zepplin Stakken.

Small hand dropped munitions used in two seaters at low level.

Not much of a wish list.

Regards Shot

#20 J2_Wulfe

J2_Wulfe

Posted 14 April 2018 - 22:58

Austrian map

YES PLEASE- And throw a Johannisthal Alby D3 in while you're at it! 

cDS2KiC.pngpRpJYMe.png

#21 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationRyabinki

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:06

Personally, I am looking forward to Carpathia S-22 bombing career mode.

#22 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:35

If Bodenplatte is any indication, and it probably is, we're getting the Snipe and SS D.IV.  

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#23 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:25

Exactly Shot, Engine options for Entente.
Would include the proper 1918 235hp HS for SPAD13 :)

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

#24 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:33

If we daydream about new airframes I want Albatros B.II. Double control. Student seat accessible for everyone like gunners seat.

With BoX learning curve and entry bareer, this one could let squadrons train new converts.

Forum moderator.

#25 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:22

Oldies goldies:

BE2c (with the gunner rifle mod!)

DH2 (the one with a good engine!)

Morane Saulnier (fairness for the EIII!)

Zeppelin (so the game can brag about having it!)

and cookies!

#26 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:46

Would include the proper 1918 235hp HS for SPAD13 :)

Yeah, forgot to mention myself, the 235 hp SPAD13.

Have a nice day.

#27 sturtz

sturtz
  • LocationOklahoma. United States

Posted 15 April 2018 - 14:39

I_Got_Shot   ,,,,

Yes,,, great suggestions for aircraft. Especially the  Siemens DIV.

Siemens-Schuckert_D.III.jpg

Sturtz

#28 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 15 April 2018 - 15:11

Then lets hope FC1 and FC2 will be a succes, so after the porting of all the RoF planes, new ones like SiemensS DIV and the Snipe, can be introduced, as the uber planes for FC3-premium pack.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

2009 Rof pre-order buyer

#29 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 15 April 2018 - 15:59

And, maybe the reason for the relative small map, we're going to get engine limitations like in BoX series, who knows.

Have a nice day.

#30 I_Got_Shot

I_Got_Shot

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:47

G'day all,

I've been looking for this 235hp Spad engine and I just can't find one - though my search hasn't been exhaustive yet.

The HS 8ba 200hp or HS 8Bc and HS 8Be 220hp engines are the only ones I can find for the Spad family with the Be production being placed in the Spad XIII but possibly not all (from what I have seen so far).

No HS 8F (300hp) engines were never used on the WWI Spad range of aircraft the engine being designed/purported for use on the Nieuport-DeLage NiD 29 and Spad XX.

As for the SE.5a Wolsley W.4a High Altitude engine it still only rated 200 hp at 2000rpm take off power. Though in fairness I need to do a lot more research into this engine as it was a direct drive and didn't have the issues that the geared drive HS family of engines appeared to have - which included the separation of the gearbox and prop whilst running from the aircraft.

Regards Shot

#31 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:55

The store lists our SPAD XIII as having the 8Ba engine which initially was rated at 200hp and used in initial production in 1917.  Later production SPAD XIII had high compression 220hp 8Be engines which at max power had a higher running RPM than the in game SPAD engine.

Post number 8 in this thread is interesting: http://www.theaerodr...ead.php?t=45496

#32 J2_Wulfe

J2_Wulfe

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:59

the last thing I need is Furlow In a better SPAD. 

;)

cDS2KiC.pngpRpJYMe.png

#33 I_Got_Shot

I_Got_Shot

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:27

The store lists our SPAD XIII as having the 8Ba engine which initially was rated at 200hp and used in initial production in 1917.

Yeah and the store also lists my beloved Camel as having a Clerget 9B 9 cylinder rotary of 130hp but as sure as shit falls south it doesn't!

Read that post interesting that is the only mention of it I have seen so far but I'll keep looking - I'm sure at 2240rpm it probably would produce the 238hp that it states as the 8Be engine, though how long you could push it at full revs is another question. Either way it goes I'd be happy to see the 8Be engine in a Spad XIII.

Shot

#34 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:00

If Bodenplatte is any indication, and it probably is, we're getting the Snipe and SS D.IV.

As collector planes, obviously.

They don’t even need to make new FMs for them, just tack the pre-nerf Camel and Dr.I numbers on.

#35 piecost

piecost

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:16

I'd like to see the the engines over rev less in dives. I have read several accounts of pilots diving at full throttle, with engine damage not mentioned. I suspect that the drag rise as the propeller blades as they near supersonic is not, or is under-modelled)

#36 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:21

They don’t even need to make new FMs for them, just tack the pre-nerf Camel and Dr.I numbers on.

Lol serious!

#37 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:00

Old Dr.I and Camel had insane rotary effect.The climb of Dr.I would have to be adjusted, too.

Forum moderator.

#38 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 16 April 2018 - 14:48

Shot, Furlow,
Been looking for the 235hp HS today also!
This thread at the aerodrome is interesting. The last post in particular but also the letters from Lothar vR and Goering.

http://www.theaerodr...?t=32252&page=4

#39 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 16 April 2018 - 14:55

The climb of Dr.I would have to be adjusted, too.

How so? The original Dr.1 climbed a tad worse than the D8, same engine.

The level of ignorance and disinformation in this forum and in ROF is appealing. If you don't know what you are talking about or if you don't know the plane that you are talking about, please, don't come with those multiplayer biased opinions.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#40 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 16 April 2018 - 15:06

I think of something else.

More an improvement to what's already there than a new feature.

As you may have noticed, the sounds of the earlier released planes was much less deep than the ones of later released planes. listen to the Spad XIII vs the Spad VII for instance.

I hope they bring the sounds of all planes to the same standard.

Have a nice day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users