RoF keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:53

Hey,

In the last couple months I have noticed that occasionally when I click Fly Now in MP the RoF executable sometimes crashes. I'm not sure if its a RoF or Windows problem.

This is a big nuisance as it interrupts my game ply quite a lot XD

Anyone experiencing a similar problem???

Salute!

S.

Its actually an Honor to get stung by a bee.

It hates you so much, that its willing to die just

to cause you a mild amount of pain.

#2 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 08 April 2018 - 00:45

Video card drivers!

-

Captured again!

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:11

It seems something is interfering while going MP. Disable the windows update and other automatic updates, like Virusscanner.
Check also your shelduled maintenace task, in Windows, who knows it going to happen the same time as you are online.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 mugwump

mugwump

Posted 20 April 2018 - 22:48

I just started flying SP again after a few year hiatus.  I keep experiencing random crashes during the single player campaign so it's not just MP.  IL-2 runs fine (for the most part.  Get crashes if I ALT-TAB) and I have the latest GFX drivers.  Not sure what's causing the issue.

#5 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:10

fact: it did always run good only you have stopped playing RoF for a while.
You have the last GFX,( I guess the Videocard drivers and not somekind of car), for this old directX9 game.

Uninstall you Videocard drivers, by using http://www.guru3d.co...moval-tool.html so you are sure everything will be removed on AMD/nVidia/Intel drivers.

Let Windows install his own Vcard driver and test again.

If this is still not working the do the same uninstall step and now go to the Vcard manufactor website to download his driver.

The whole problem is that new drivers do not have a decent support for DirectX9 that was introduced wayback in time, for XP 32bit. Think that could be the problem.

edit: Let us know if it worked.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#6 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:01

So the first time Ive played in a long time...

The main reason I've been away for so long is that i just don't have time, but also because of this stupid bug which makes MP game play almost unbearable. Almost every time the press Fly Now for the second time during a MP session, the game just crashes.

I'm wondering if the game is just getting too old... and Windows updates + hardware compatabilitie are causing these problems.

Any thoughts?

S!

P.S I have all latest video card drivers installed

#7 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:03

Are you using Windows 10 already?

Fenestra septima delenda est.

#8 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 13 July 2019 - 13:24

Yeah I've had windows 10 for a long time, and RoF was working fine on it. It's all I've ever had RoF installed on actually... So maybe a recent update? (Recent as in within the last couple years. The problem started around the time I started this thread.)

Also, I hadn't seen Dutch's reply for some reason. I will try his suggestions sometime tommorow and will let you know if that helps...

S!

#9 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 13 July 2019 - 14:32

Have you tried removing the dust inside your computer? Also, how hot is your CPU?

#10 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:21

Yeah, Atm it might have a bit of dust, but this has been happening for the last year. And during those times my PC has been fine. Temps have been great. Never really had a problem besides shortage of RAM for Kingdom Come Deliverance.

I have a Ryzen 5 1500x CPU, 8gb DDR4 2400mhz ram (Yes I know I need more... haha) and a GTX 1060 6GB graphics card.

I was playing today and here u can see when the game crashes, theres a random spike for the GPU. See here: https://ibb.co/ftS6vvd.

That is just when I click "Fly Now" for the second time during a MP session. Here is a normal start... no spike. See here:https://ibb.co/mRnw2Lk.

I'll go make sure my PC is cleaned out, and try a few more things out.

Thanks for the help.

S!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users