Photo
- - - - -

Throttle backwards and rudders do not respond

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 66kirk

66kirk

Posted 02 April 2018 - 21:44

Fresh install of RoF, using CH Pro throttle / CH Fighterstick / TM rudder pedals.  

1. Throttle appears to map (indicator in Controls shows movement, normal and reversed), but is always reversed in the plane, regardless of setting in Controls.

2. Rudder appears to map (indicator in Controls shows movement), but rudders on planes do not move, appear stuck in full left deflection.

Tried repairing the install, guess I need to do a full delete and re-install?

Kirk

#2 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:44

You can change axis direction under 'Responses'. Select the desired axis and change the 'Invert' tick box.

As for your rudders, try a different USB port ?

Do they appear to work ok in the TM software ?

In any case I don't think a re-install will help get your rudders working.

And if you haven't already, I think you need to run 'Update' from the the start window for a fresh install.

Good luck anyway, let us know if you get it sorted !

S!

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#3 66kirk

66kirk

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:58

Tried changing axis direction - it appears to change on the test screen but no effect on the cockpit throttle. Same with the rudders - good response on the setup page but nothing in-game.  Did and Update, then last night uninstalled the game and re-downloaded - about to re-install and hope for the best!

Kirk

#4 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 03 April 2018 - 13:39

Use invert in "responses" throttle, 1, 2, 3, and 4. the rudder I have no idea.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#5 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 03 April 2018 - 14:19

Fresh install of RoF, using CH Pro throttle / CH Fighterstick / TM rudder pedals.  

1. Throttle appears to map (indicator in Controls shows movement, normal and reversed), but is always reversed in the plane, regardless of setting in Controls.

2. Rudder appears to map (indicator in Controls shows movement), but rudders on planes do not move, appear stuck in full left deflection.

Tried repairing the install, guess I need to do a full delete and re-install?

Kirk

Tried changing axis direction - it appears to change on the test screen but no effect on the cockpit throttle. Same with the rudders - good response on the setup page but nothing in-game.  Did and Update, then last night uninstalled the game and re-downloaded - about to re-install and hope for the best!

Kirk

what aircraft, as the throttles in some are (afaik) meant to be reversed, such as in the nieuports (iirc) the throttles open when the levers back and closed when forward

so as long as power seems to be coming to the aircraft, and appears to test alright in the responses page, then I would not worry too much as to which direction the lever in the cockpits moving

#6 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 03 April 2018 - 15:29

I don't think the throttle will change direction in-cockpit.

But it should on your throttle unit.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#7 66kirk

66kirk

Posted 03 April 2018 - 22:38

Ok, this is really frustrating.  Unless ALL the ROF airplanes have reversed throttles, WTF is going on?  I know all about how to setup the controls, they all work fine in DCS and BoX and even the old IL-2, but nothing I try can make the throttle on the DVII, Camel, or Felixstowe work in the proper sense - forward for more power.

Guess I'll have to wait for Flying Circus!

grrrrr...

Kirk

#8 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 04 April 2018 - 13:57

Are you sure you're hitting Apply and OK on the responses screen?! Somehow I always screwed up that part.

#9 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 04 April 2018 - 17:50

Ok, this is really frustrating.  Unless ALL the ROF airplanes have reversed throttles, WTF is going on?  I know all about how to setup the controls, they all work fine in DCS and BoX and even the old IL-2, but nothing I try can make the throttle on the DVII, Camel, or Felixstowe work in the proper sense - forward for more power.

grrrrr...

Kirk

yeah for the camel and felix the throttles (3d cockpit ones) move in the traditional sense, forward for open back for closed

bugger then

#10 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 April 2018 - 18:08

grrrrr...

Kirk

You need to make sure you have the axis mapped in the control pages to the correct axis. Then go in the responses pages and check the Throttle axis in there.
Checking the "Invert" radio button as needed. Also check that uou have no separate plane profiles set up. Run through the types that are giving you a problem and make sure that they are set to "use "all planes" responses for this plane"

Then save

sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users