Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bloody April VIII Campaign - Mar 24 - Apr 28

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 11 March 2018 - 18:41

To automatically get notified of updates, follow/subscribe to this thread using the follow button above to the right on this page. 

May 5, 2018 - As you may have already heard, the 8th annual Bloody April concluded with blue team winning.  The event started very close and still finished 153 to 187.  Final parser results are available here:

http://stats.jasta5.org/ Individual awards including the campaign ribbon are posted here:  http://www.jasta5.or...hp?f=85&t=14697.  Thank you to everyone who participated in this years event!

Apr 23, 2018 - Week 3 saw three missions flown as participants made up the missed mission from the week before.  The campaign is very, very close, with a point difference of only 8% (11 points) that is well within the range of point spreads during the previous three weeks!  Every pilot will be needed for the final week to determine the winning team for the campaign!  All pilots are asked to report to the event forum and sign up for missions on their teams sign up sheet linked in their teams secure forum.  http://www.jasta5.or...wforum.php?f=87

Apr 14, 2018 - Week 2 had some bad weather the second half of the day.  Looking to reschedule Mission 2 before regularly scheduled Missions of Week 3 or Week 4 or before Vintage Missions.  Poll to pilots here http://www.jasta5.or...hp?f=60&t=14682.

Apr 8, 2018 - Preliminary Scores posted on the event forum (parser data also available on the event parser).  Event tied after first weeks missions!

Mar 31, 2018 - Side assignments and reassignments for recently joined mercs and Black Haze.  Hostilities begin Saturday April 7.

Mar 24, 2018 - Final rules posted on event forum and mod download instructions updated.

Mar 24, 2018 - Server Test and Practice Mission 1800-2230 GMT.

Mar 18, 2018 - Next Saturday is the server practice 1800 GMT.  Please make sure you are registered on the event forum and parser prior to this date. If you are a first time participant, or not listed on the event forum team assignment, please post there for a team assignment. See links below.

Mar 11, 2018 - For immediate release - please forward this message to your fellow pilots and link this thread in your forums. 

Flying & Fighting 

Fame or Flame? 

Bloody April VIII –  Arras Sector 

Rise of Flight 

March 24 – April 28, 2018

1800-2230 GMT

Official Event Schedule of Events  - 1800-2230 GMT

March 24 - Server Stress Test/Practice Run

March 31 – Easter – No Missions 

April 7 – Hostilities Commence 

April 14 – Hostilities Continue 

April 21 – Hostilities Continue 

April 28 – Hostilities Conclude

Jasta 5 is proud to present the Rise of Flight community with the eighth Bloody April Campaign: Bloody April VIII – Springtime in Arras!  The inaugural Bloody April campaign was critically acclaimed and since then thousands of flight hours have been logged in what has become the RoF communities premiere world-wide annual multiplayer campaign. The campaign runs each year on each Saturday of late March-April, excepting Easter weekend. 

Campaign History: 
Bloody April is distinguished as the first ever community wide team campaign in Rise of Flight. It was originally conceived during the Red Baron 3D days in 2006 by J5_Paul Bäumer and brought to life in Rise of Flight through collaborations with talented Jasta 5 mission builders such as J5_Rumey and J5_Matthias and several talented community members over the years.  

Campaign Victories: 
2011 - Entente victorious on the last mission of the last day after 12 missions flown over four weekends! 
2012 - Tie after over 1,000 flight hours were logged!  
2013 - Entente   
2014 - Central won in a decisive battle.  
2015 - Entente  
2016 - Central  
2017 - Red Team  
2018 - ? 

Campaign Developments: 
Following in the footsteps of the ground breaking innovative events of previous years, this year's event continues to push the envelope of the currently available RoF features and community mission design for maximum realism and immersion set in a historical and primarily objective based event. This year’s event will be situated in the Arras sector. The event will be historically based but not a historical reenactment; it will be immersive but not at the expense of enjoyment while continuing its ground-breaking tradition in mission building and realism over The Front!  

Mods ON:  This event REQUIRES installation of the JSGME Mod Manager in your C:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight  folder AND a campaign mod patch downloadable using a link in the rules and posted on the event forum (see event forum links in this post).  Instructions for both installs is provided in the rules and on the event server (see event links here).  You need to be registered on the event forum to access these.  Pilots flying their first Bloody April or otherwise unfamiliar with using mods should NOT expect to download and install these required mods the day of the first mission.  They are strongly encouraged to work through the process several days ahead of the first mission and should expect to need advice already published on the event forum.

Overview: a total of 2 two-hour sorties that will be conducted Saturdays1800-2230 GMT. There will be plenty of room for everyone to fly in the premiere RoF multi-player campaign of the year!  

Jasta 5 is proud and honored to be in a position to once again present this updated and improved immersive community wide event. Please support the RoF community through your participation. We look forward to meeting you all in the skies over the Arras sector this year! Draft rules and registration is posted on our event website! Block out your flying calendars and start checking your equipment and register today! 

*There will be no rules seminar this year as we are using the rules from the previous year, updated to reflect the new year. A practice server will be up the following week using similar missions and server settings as the actual event. 

First Timer Pilots and Forum Registration Portal: http://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=87  

Updated Rules: Updated rules including schedule and instructions for downloading the mod manager and mods patch required for this event are posted to the Event Forum (must be registered for the event to view and download). We are using rules from previous year's events with only minor housekeeping changes.  http://www.jasta5.or...wforum.php?f=61

Pilot Team Assignments:  We will be using the same teams from the previous years event.  Individual pilot event registrations are only required for new first time participants and will be approved on a space available basis at the discretion of the event organizers.  To view the roster and learn how to register new first timer pilots or make revisions, visit here:  http://www.jasta5.or...hp?f=60&t=14411

SERVER SECURITY AND BANNED PILOTS/SQUADS: The event server is equipped to identify pilots using various exploits/cheats.  Pilots thus identified will be handled consistent with the official event rules (eviction).

Additionally, any pilot who has been banned for one month or more by the RoF Community Server Operators Group since the last Bloody April event, is not invited to this community event and will not be allowed to fly. They will be blocked on our server for the duration of the event.

Squads who have had a squad member permanently banned by the RoF Community Server Operators Group, are not invited to this community event and will not be allowed to fly. That squads pilots will all be blocked on our server for the duration of the event.  See the Community Policy on Cheating thread on this forum.

Please use the event forum for comments and requests for assignment to a team if you are not listed on either team.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#2 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:07

Any Midweek missions planned.

Saturday's are the only days I can't get online.

#3 Genius

Genius

Posted 12 March 2018 - 21:06

Hi,

Always blue/red team no central/entente ?

Bye

Genius

#4 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 12 March 2018 - 21:16

Any Midweek missions planned.

Saturday's are the only days I can't get online.

I do wish we could get a few more sorties.  I used to love the Friday night / Saturday.  Total immersion! :)

#5 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 March 2018 - 22:11

I too would appreciate a Friday mission. I know it all depends on numbers but weekend are difficult for me as well. I’ll have to ask the wife nicely :)
1mUlMuE.png
Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#6 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:47

Any chance events like these can have more than one time? I would imagine the Aussies and Kiwis (most Asia) would be out of luck. A NA prime time zfriday or Saturday would mean Sat/ Sun morning for them.

comic3_signature2018.png

#7 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 18 March 2018 - 15:30

See updates at top of first post on this thread.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#8 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 18 March 2018 - 15:58

S!

Thanks for your suggestions and wishing to go back to some of our previous formats.  While some of us would like to have Friday night missions and asymmetrical historical sides etc, unfortunately the current community as a whole does not seem to support these as being conducive to a successful event.  We hope that with Flying Circus perhaps the community will again be able to support these immersions. The time frame for the missions are set based on what works best for the most people.  We always feel badly for those outside of those time frames and appreciate the dedication of those pilots from down under who make it anyways.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#9 J2_Wulfe

J2_Wulfe

Posted 18 March 2018 - 23:05

registered for event / forums, looking forwards to my first BA!

Wulfe, Unteroffizier von Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke".

cDS2KiC.pngR1Qjktb.png

#10 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 18 March 2018 - 23:09

No Cheaters Allowed.

photo.jpg    photo-thumb-114769.jpg?_r=1441590151   a0d22b3b8188ce572dc2553e3fe5d55a.png

"It's a Plankthread. Don't expect it to have any purpose (or content) other than exposition of OP persona and eloquence"...LsV_Trupobaw

tumblr_oej397J47J1v4a8wfo1_500.png

#11 J2_Wulfe

J2_Wulfe

Posted 18 March 2018 - 23:10

No Cheaters allowed.

Drat! 

Edit: also made a silly mistake registering to forums, went with BA_J2_Wulfe instead of just J2_Wulfe...will rectify as soon as I can

cDS2KiC.pngR1Qjktb.png

#12 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 18 March 2018 - 23:11

lol

"It's a Plankthread. Don't expect it to have any purpose (or content) other than exposition of OP persona and eloquence"...LsV_Trupobaw

#13 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 18 March 2018 - 23:45

S!

Thanks for your suggestions and wishing to go back to some of our previous formats.  While some of us would like to have Friday night missions and asymmetrical historical sides etc, unfortunately the current community as a whole does not seem to support these as being conducive to a successful event.  We hope that with Flying Circus perhaps the community will again be able to support these immersions. The time frame for the missions are set based on what works best for the most people.  We always feel badly for those outside of those time frames and appreciate the dedication of those pilots from down under who make it anyways.

That's a bummer that is not technically possible to have two cycles per day on the server that would allow for the whole globe to experience the event. 

comic3_signature2018.png

#14 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:14

No Cheaters Allowed.

photo.jpg    photo-thumb-114769.jpg?_r=1441590151   a0d22b3b8188ce572dc2553e3fe5d55a.png

Most likely that is not true.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#15 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 March 2018 - 14:13

Additionally, any pilot who has been banned for one month or more by the RoF Community Server Operators Group since the last Bloody April event, is not invited to this community event and will not be allowed to fly. They will be blocked on our server for the duration of the event.

I would say they are most likely banned.

#16 56Sqn_Badger

56Sqn_Badger
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 19 March 2018 - 17:34

Drat! 

Edit: also made a silly mistake registering to forums, went with BA_J2_Wulfe instead of just J2_Wulfe...will rectify as soon as I can

After your registration on the J5 forums is confirmed by their staff, you can change your username by going to (in the upper left corner) User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Account Settings.

56Sqn_Badger-Forum-Signature.jpg

" . . . Я этот небесный квадрат не покину / Мне цифры сейчас не важны / Сегодня мой друг защищает мне спину / А значит и шансы равны . . . " —Vladimir Vysotsky, "Song of a Fighter Pilot"

#17 J2_Wulfe

J2_Wulfe

Posted 19 March 2018 - 17:40

After your registration on the J5 forums is confirmed by their staff, you can change your username by going to (in the upper left corner) User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Account Settings.

Ah, much appreciated! I was having a little trouble finding it myself  ;) 

Ok, I should be all sorted now. 

cDS2KiC.pngR1Qjktb.png

#18 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 20 March 2018 - 23:01

Would all pilots that are planning to fly in this years event please sign into the check in thread located  here.

Looking forward to seeing you over Arras!

S!

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin 

Untitled.jpg

#19 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:36

Practice Mission/Server Test 1800-2230 GMT.  The more the merrier.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#20 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 24 March 2018 - 15:03

April 21 – Hostilities Continue 

That will be century of MvRs death.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#21 108=REDMAN

108=REDMAN

Posted 24 March 2018 - 15:09

Practice Mission/Server Test 1800-2230 GMT.  The more the merrier.

are we meeting on your TeamSpeak?

Salute! REDMAN

#22 Spyboy

Spyboy

Posted 24 March 2018 - 15:22

S'

I am meant to be flying Red this time, I cant seem to select the 'Red Team' section of the forums (I did follow the instructions) am I meant to get an email allowing me access?

#23 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 24 March 2018 - 15:44

S'

I am meant to be flying Red this time, I cant seem to select the 'Red Team' section of the forums (I did follow the instructions) am I meant to get an email allowing me access?

Spyboy,

You look to be OK from here. Please try again and if you still cannot connect to Red team PM me here.

Untitled.jpg

#24 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 24 March 2018 - 15:57

are we meeting on your TeamSpeak?

Yes, Join the J5 TS.     jasta5.teamspeak3.com

Untitled.jpg

#25 etzel

etzel

Posted 24 March 2018 - 16:45

Did post also directly in NOTAMS seciton in J5 Forum, but maybe makes sense also here:

Q1: How are side allocation tonight (which Team is playing central and which allies)?
Q2: Are there 2 rounds like at regular saturdays with team switches?
Q3: Will there be a server password tonight?

Salute 

Etzel

#26 J2_Wulfe

J2_Wulfe

Posted 24 March 2018 - 22:19

Wrote up a combat report for the Blue Team's efforts today in the first test mission, will share once the BA VIII Reports and Photos thread is up  ;)

cDS2KiC.pngR1Qjktb.png

#27 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 25 March 2018 - 00:54

Mar 24, 2018 - Final rules posted on event forum and mod download instructions updated.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#28 Spyboy

Spyboy

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:02

Just a word of thanks in appreciation of my J5 Techmates who tried, successfully, to help me with a most annoying 'cant load object' glitch with the mod pack. You know who you are. Thank you.

:icon_e_salute:

#29 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:17

Just a word of thanks in appreciation of my J5 Techmates who tried, successfully, to help me with a most annoying 'cant load object' glitch with the mod pack. You know who you are. Thank you.

:icon_e_salute:

Thanks from me as well! I did not know a specific mod was required, thanks to Wrongway who posted a link to it in Teamspeak I got it sorted out.

#30 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich
  • LocationNorway / Finland

Posted 29 March 2018 - 17:58

I tried signed up for this a day-or-so ago via the " First Timer Pilots and Forum Registration Portal : http://www.jasta5.or...wforum.php?f=87" reference in the original post.

It says though that my account needs administration authorisation. Is this normal? Or did I make a mistake?

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#31 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 29 March 2018 - 20:31

xvii-Dietrich it is normal to get administration authorisation. I dont know if is maybe to late for registration for the event, but ur registration will bw trehe foe next yare. But J5 pilots will see ur massage and inform u if u could join the event. S!

#32 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:29

Will be catching up on recent registration requests and team assignments this weekend....

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#33 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 30 March 2018 - 13:41

Will be catching up on recent registration requests and team assignments this weekend....

Mrs. Baeumer will be incorporating them in the Easter Egg Hunt.

#34 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 30 March 2018 - 22:14

I tried signed up for this a day-or-so ago via the " First Timer Pilots and Forum Registration Portal : http://www.jasta5.or...wforum.php?f=87" reference in the original post.

It says though that my account needs administration authorisation. Is this normal? Or did I make a mistake?

Dietrich,

I think I may have overlooked a step when I activated your account. You have been registered and are in the Bloody April group. It looks like you are OK now. Please see if you can post into the "check in" thread located here to be sure. If you still have problems, you can PM me here.

GC

Untitled.jpg

#35 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich
  • LocationNorway / Finland

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:18

Dietrich,

I think I may have overlooked a step when I activated your account. You have been registered and are in the Bloody April group. It looks like you are OK now. Please see if you can post into the "check in" thread located here to be sure. If you still have problems, you can PM me here.

GC

Yes. It works now. I've posted a "check in" message. Thanks for fixing it.

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#36 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 31 March 2018 - 17:10

Mar 31, 2018 - Side assignments and reassignments for recently joined mercs and Black Haze.  Hostilities begin Saturday April 7.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#37 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 06 April 2018 - 23:14

Weather and airfield info. for week 1 has been posted  HERE  

Red team will fly Entente, Blue Central, at the start of tomorrows mission. Good luck to all!

Untitled.jpg

#38 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:17

Tripod, our venerable old mangy dog of a squadron mascot, perked his ears up as we were huddled around the warm hearth of the bar in the mess when we heard the unmistakable sputtering of a Spad's hispano-suiza engine droning above the the pouring rain and leaking ceiling of the chateau.  "Who the devil could that be in this weather?", asked our CO, old Mac, as we all drew a curious eye toward the ceiling.  We rushed to the door of the mess just in time to see the outline of a landing spad in the late afternoon rain.  With what seemed like a casual effortlessness, the pilot wheeled the spad around in front of the hangars, killed the engine, climbed out and gave a friendly wave to us and the approaching ground crew. Suddenly one of the boys exclaimed.."That's old Lt. Col. William Thaw! The legendary leader and formative member of the Lafayette Escadrille, swaggered over in our direction with a relieved smile. He had been at it since 1915, and had all the cafe free confidence of the man we'd heard so many stories about.  He had been separated from his patrol by an engagement over the lines and with the worsening afternoon thunderstorms, had become quite lost and forced down at our drome. He drank all the drinks the boys bought him, and patiently answered every question asked of him.  The men's faces lit up like the sun when he told them of his narrow escapes and encounters with particularly skilled German aces.  He couldn't quite mask his look of astonishment at the young rookie pilots, all speaking of yearning for action against the hun.  He gave them the best advice he could, without dampening their spirits, but still managing to bring home the point that their opponents were good, and there was no substitute for experience.  He flew out just after dawn this morning, after a quick breakfast and a farewell to the squadron.  Everyone couldn't help thinking how wonderful it would be to have such a leader with us.  They say we have the numbers and the German ace Boelke is dead, but rumors are rampant of the "flying circus" and their ace pilots, just across the mud.  I suppose we'll see what it's all about tomorrow at dawn, April 7, 1917.

#39 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 April 2018 - 13:56

Sorry to have to say that RL is interfering with my plans and I'll be unable to attend today. Hope you all will have a good time!

#40 108=REDMAN

108=REDMAN

Posted 07 April 2018 - 14:05

Thanks for letting us know, we'll see you next week Oorpii.
Salute! REDMAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users