Photo
- - - - -

Fictional Dr.I of J2_Wulfe

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Wulfe's Dreidecker (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Allow in 'mods off'?

1. Yes (15 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 05 March 2018 - 21:53

I wasn't going to bother submitting any other skins due to the fact that it's most likely a waste of time, but I just couldn't resist submitting this one  ;)  

Wulfe's Fokker Dr.I Triplane: 

Featuring Black upper wingtips, late-war crosses individually hand-painted over old iron crosses, hand-painted 'W' insignia and 'realistic' marks / blemishes (slight weathering where pilot would enter / exit the plane, white paint droplets where the W was 'painted' on, etc. 

Attached File  wulfe 1.png   249.44KB   0 downloads Attached File  wulfe 2.png   356.29KB   0 downloads Attached File  wulfe 3.png   337.59KB   0 downloads

The relevant files: Attached File  FDr1_J2_Wulfe.zip   3.78MB   6 downloads

8FtVqcW.png

#2 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 March 2018 - 21:59

Fabulous skin, Wulfe. I'd fire the mechanic or ask him to be more careful with the paint slop. He owes you a drink or two.  :icon_e_wink:  :icon_lol:

1mUlMuE.png
Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#3 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich
  • LocationNorway / Finland

Posted 05 March 2018 - 22:16

{...} late-war crosses individually hand-painted over old iron crosses, {...}

Did that actually happen?  Is this idea based on any particular historical photographs?  Was it common practice?

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#4 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 05 March 2018 - 22:52

Yes. Before dimensions of new Balkankross were standardised, instruction simply said Iron Cross shape must be turned into crosses. They were repainted with minimal effort.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#5 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 05 March 2018 - 23:57

Any Graham skins will be fictional this month.  :icon_e_salute:

#6 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:06

Did that actually happen?  Is this idea based on any particular historical photographs?  Was it common practice?

It's just as Trupo says. When the Balkenkreuz was first introduced pilots would pretty much just paint over the existing Iron Cross insignia on their planes! I chose to go for a particularly 'crude' depiction of this, but if you look around a bit you'll find plenty illustrations of German planes with thick Balkenkreuz that had been painted over Iron Crosses, preceding the later standardised markings. I like to refer to the thick BK as the 'transition cross'  ;)

Any Graham skins will be fictional this month.   :icon_e_salute:

:icon_lol:

8FtVqcW.png

#7 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:12

Looks great.

#8 =MAC=

=MAC=
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:21

Nice sober skin!

56badge100.jpg

#9 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:11

Very plausible! Great skin.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#10 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 08 March 2018 - 14:43

I love it!

Not to derail this thread, but I reckon IL-2 BoX (and thus FC soon) have open skins submissions, yes? Maybe the same should happen for RoF.

J5_Bender

#11 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 08 March 2018 - 22:27

I love it!

Not to derail this thread, but I reckon IL-2 BoX (and thus FC soon) have open skins submissions, yes? Maybe the same should happen for RoF.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what 'open skins submissions' are...I don't have any of the BoX games! 

Either way, I'm waiting on FC so that I can finally get my personal skins in multiplayer  ;)  

8FtVqcW.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users