* * * * * 1 votes

Community Policy on Cheating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

#161 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:52

It seems if you know how, you can over-ride the 'Mission Settings' that are set by the Server.

i.e. where you select icons / Improved Gunnery / Simplified Physics / No Wind / Invulnerability etc. etc...

Recently a pilot 'Drone1' has been able to fly an Alby DVa faster than SE5's and Spads.

Allegedly throwing a forward hand signal to initiate an unrealistic increase in speed.

Fact is, that in the computer age you can't trust anything anymore.

Heh!  Yep.  People are clever.  I'm not surprised.  Thanks for the clarification; I understand it now.  

#162 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:27

It seems if you know how, you can over-ride the 'Mission Settings' that are set by the Server.

i.e. where you select icons / Improved Gunnery / Simplified Physics / No Wind / Invulnerability etc. etc...

Recently a pilot 'Drone1' has been able to fly an Alby DVa faster than SE5's and Spads.

Allegedly throwing a forward hand signal to initiate an unrealistic increase in speed.

Fact is, that in the computer age you can't trust anything anymore.

To clarify - you can overwrite client-side settings set by server. You can't tell server to, say, turn off wind or change the physics or gunnery  model. But you can fool your client into displaying icons even if server tells it to turn icons off.

What Drone1 is doing, I have no idea :).

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users