Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Community Policy on Cheating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

#81 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 05 March 2018 - 18:53

I for one appreciate the server admins taking time away from real life jobs, families, and friends to formulate a clear and concise method for punishing violators on a video game long past its due date.

Don't let the haters dictate your actions and thank you again.

#82 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 05 March 2018 - 19:01

For the record, have these cheats in question been addressed in BoX?

J5_Hellbender

#83 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 05 March 2018 - 19:03

For the record, have these cheats in question been addressed in BoX?

I don't know enough about the cheats to know exactly how similar they are to the ones they were doing in BoS, but I think the answer is: Yes.

Punishments for cheating in BoS are said to be VERY severe.  It's my understanding that some of the guys caught cheating over there, were gone for at least a Year, but also quite possibly permanently.  I'm not completely sure if the cheaters had their actual user licenses revoked, such that they were not even able to play the game offline, but I wouldn't be surprised. 

#84 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 05 March 2018 - 19:40

Wasn't "When you run your own server.. " or "when ou write your own successful WW1 sim..." your favourite line for downing complainers?

Hahaha, indeed it was. Good catch.

#85 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 05 March 2018 - 21:42

I don't know enough about the cheats to know exactly how similar they are to the ones they were doing in BoS, but I think the answer is: Yes.

Punishments for cheating in BoS are said to be VERY severe.  It's my understanding that some of the guys caught cheating over there, were gone for at least a Year, but also quite possibly permanently.  I'm not completely sure if the cheaters had their actual user licenses revoked, such that they were not even able to play the game offline, but I wouldn't be surprised. 

That's reassuring to hear for Flying Circus.

In a sense, it's a good thing to see that so many of us still take Rise of Flight seriously enough to keep the game free of cheats, something that can't even be said of recent popular titles. I would however advise against witch hunts. It may be more effective to confront a cheater 1-on-1, and perhaps simply talk things over. A one-month cooldown ban doesn't sound like a bad idea, as long as there's some actual communication happening with the offender, otherwise that person is likely just going to come back even more pissed off than before. I mean, it's usually not happy well-adjusted people who resort to cheating, and this game can at times feel incredibly unfair and frustrating (especially if you run into a bunch of Bristrolls - which isn't cheating! - but come on 1C/777, G forces on gunners please).

J5_Hellbender

#86 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 22:14

Ironically, the cheaters were the people who were on the witch hunt.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#87 JG1_Lipfert

JG1_Lipfert

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:10

Where were you when J30 was falsely accusing people, including me, of cheating? GFY

Narcissist, that has never done one single positive thing for the community (any).

J89wFKx.png

#88 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:29

Narcissist, that has never done one single positive thing for the community (any).

That's not true at all. I helped completely humiliate J30 von Hammer the last time he tried to falsely accuse people of cheating. You sat that one out.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#89 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:48

Jesus Christ. Just been reading this news (some at least) about hacking. Something I want to know though, this exploit thing its actually an program or something to run right, I mean its not some kinda bug in game that's possible for someone to accidently have happen to them? Also good to know I maybe do not suck quite as bad as I think I do. :icon_lol:

#90 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:50

It's not a bug. Thst's a BS excuse being used by the people who exploited it. If you didn't know how to do it, then you have nothing to worry about

Free Plank!

#91 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:01

It's not a bug. Thst's a BS excuse being used by the people who exploited it. If you didn't know how to do it, then you have nothing to worry about

Not true, it was discovered by accident.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#92 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:01

#93 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:19

Not true, it was discovered by accident.

This is basically random words that are unrelated to anything I posted.

Free Plank!

#94 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:27

Attached File  eh.png   529.26KB   1 downloads

In all seriousness, it's a real shame that a handful of individuals have sparked so much mayhem in the community with their stupid decision to cheat. I'm glad to see that the server owners have come together to address this issue between themselves in the best way they see fit. 

4qqm3Za.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#95 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:29

attachicon.gifeh.png
In all seriousness, it's a real shame that a handful of individuals have sparked so much mayhem in the community with their stupid decision to cheat. I'm glad to see that the server owners have come together to address this issue between themselves in the best way they see fit.

+1
Salute! REDMAN

#96 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:49

IF there has in fact been cheating - and let's not forget this is just hearsay and whispers to most of us, it's not really the alleged cheaters themselves who are causing the "mayhem" on this forum.

Rabid obsessive dogs are doing that.

Woof !

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#97 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 06 March 2018 - 13:04

Yes, it has come to this

comic3_signature2018.png

#98 J5_Sturm

J5_Sturm

Posted 06 March 2018 - 14:54

S!, Hello All,

I normally do not read the forums for obvious reasons but I have painstakingly read every post on this subject.

Please forgive me in advance for anything I may say that will anger anyone or cause strife as this is not my intention. Actually it may be better not to say anything at all.

I have been playing WWI sims on line since Red Baron so I have seen a lot of good and some not so good from all types of people from different cultures. People are who they are by the fact of where they come from. ( This probably will be understood by only a hand full if by anyone at all )( anyone who wishes to know it's meaning ask and I will be glad to explain it)

This world is made up many aspects of beliefs and the people who have posted in this forum and who have undoubtedly proven that to some degree.

There are people who cheat in life and this also spills over to their leisure activity such as on line gaming sims. Who are these people? Well it is not important to name them because they already know who they are. If they have to cheat to be happy then they are going to cheat and nothing anyone says or does is ever going to change that. Let me repeat that........If a person has to cheat to be happy then they are going to cheat and nothing anyone says or does is going to change that. I had rather in stead us my energy on other things like being a positive aspect to ones life weather in a sim or in life. The one thing that can be guaranteed is that if everyone I repeat EVERYONE does that then the discussions we have had on this subject would never ever need take place.

The cheat is an exploit found in ROF that enabled a player to "override" server settings. This would allow that person to enable icons, or spectate mode, etc. when they shouldn't be allowed. (extract from another member). I am probably the only member of the ROF community who did not know of this cheat. Why? because I really do not care how the others play the game. I only care how I play the game and knowing of this cheat will not change the way I play or with whom I fly with in this sim. ( If I need to explain this then I will if anyone wishes to know).

The bottom line is WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! ( The reason was stated above )

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post even if it sounds idiotic or uninformed :)

J5_Sturm

PhoenixNeHibanner.jpg

#99 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 March 2018 - 15:04

IF there has in fact been cheating - and let's not forget this is just hearsay and whispers to most of us, it's not really the alleged cheaters themselves who are causing the "mayhem" on this forum.

Woof !

What are you talking about? Gus admitted to it. You can look at Fragel and Graham’s stats and see the cheat indicators if you know what to look for. The only thing you don’t know is who in J30 is guilty.

Free Plank!

#100 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 06 March 2018 - 15:16

The only thing you don’t know is who in J30 is guilty.

Accusations without prof is against rule # 7 

#101 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 March 2018 - 15:19

Go ahead and ban me.

BTW, we’re not going to detail the proof when we name the J30 cheaters, either. But you can find it on your own. And by “you”, I mean probably not you, Hillbilly.

Free Plank!

#102 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 06 March 2018 - 15:21

Go ahead and ban me.

BTW, we’re not going to detail the proof when we name the J30 cheaters, either. But you can find it on your own. And by “you”, I mean probably not you, Hillbilly.

Get a life,or a wife.

#103 Capt.TeddyBear

Capt.TeddyBear

Posted 06 March 2018 - 19:12

Woof !

Your refusal to acknowledge what is now public in that your friends in GT are confirmed and named cheaters does you no favours and demonstrates poor judgement.

There is no IF... Please put aside your dislike of BSR, Ice, Central and myself etc and acknowledge that your friends in GT are confirmed and named cheaters.

Free Krusty & Wodewick!

Verified Gaming JerkGT  

#104 Capt.TeddyBear

Capt.TeddyBear

Posted 06 March 2018 - 19:14

And yet when your friends in the GT squadron were making such accusations against everyone they hated repeatedly over the years you were nowhere to be seen.... This does not reflect well upon you.

Free Krusty & Wodewick!

Verified Gaming JerkGT  

#105 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 06 March 2018 - 19:40

And yet when your friends in the GT squadron were making such accusations against everyone they hated repeatedly over the years you were nowhere to be seen.... This does not reflect well upon you.

Slight correction there Teddy, but fortunately one that makes your argument even more damning.  Hillbilly was very well seen...well seen supporting those baseless accusations and encouraging them.  Every. Chance. He. Got. 

#106 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 06 March 2018 - 19:46

Go ahead and ban me.

Heard this several times now about J30. Now you're doing the exact thing the GT's did to you. If you've got proof, show it.

#107 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 06 March 2018 - 20:00

Heard this several times now about J30. Now you're doing the exact thing the GT's did to you. If you've got proof, show it.

No he is not doing the same things that GT did...He isn't, and to my knowledge never made any "accusations".  We aren't dealing with "accusations" anymore.  Although the RoF Whisper Mill had been buzzing with some suspicions about some of these things before New Wings actually caught them cheating, Krusty and me only became aware of who exactly the cheaters were after 4Speed made his announcement that he had caught cheaters.  So we are dealing with people who have been confirmed to have been cheating and banned for it this month on Wargrounds.

Fourspeed and Shot are ultimately the ones that have the "Proof."  And of course the people that have been banned for cheating can always disprove any suspicions that have been thrown their way by simply logging in to Wargrounds and demonstrating that it wasn't them.  So if you want "proof" demand it from New Wings, or demand it from the J30 guys.  Unfortunately, failure of the guilty J30 guys to 'fess up only casts false suspicions on their squadron mates who might not be logging in for perfectly innocent reasons.  It's their fault.

The consequences that come from continued anonymity of the cheaters are the responsibility of New Wings and the other parties who decided on the policy of anonyimity in the first place.  No one else has ----any--- responsibility at all to come forth with the names.

#108 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 06 March 2018 - 20:18

Slight correction there Teddy, but fortunately one that makes your argument even more damning.  Hillbilly was very well seen...well seen supporting those baseless accusations and encouraging them.  Every. Chance. He. Got. 

Lie

#109 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 06 March 2018 - 20:23

Please link to where they accused anyone of cheating.

#110 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 06 March 2018 - 20:33

Stop cheating and stop arguing about it. Play fair and keep this forum civil. I don't have time to police this forum much these days so you guys need to work it out peacefully.

Jason

#111 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 06 March 2018 - 20:34

Your refusal to acknowledge what is now public in that your friends in GT are confirmed and named cheaters does you no favours and demonstrates poor judgement.

There is no IF... Please put aside your dislike of BSR, Ice, Central and myself etc and acknowledge that your friends in GT are confirmed and named cheaters.

I have no affiliation with any of the GT's. I've flown occasionally with Graham and Gus when they've ventured onto NFF and had fun flying with them. But I certainly don't know any of them well.

As for the dislike you mentioned, that's pretty much been forced upon me.. from my perspective of course ! The dislike started coming my way first.

But I try to think of it in the context of pilot persona's.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#112 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 06 March 2018 - 21:18

Stop cheating and stop arguing about it. Play fair and keep this forum civil. I don't have time to police this forum much these days so you guys need to work it out peacefully.

Jason

A cynic might say: "Stop us being able to cheat", but I'm no cynic so I shall most assuredly not be saying that.

#113 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 06 March 2018 - 21:35

Jason

Normally I’d agree with Arty: it is the developer’s responsibility to fix known exploits - but given the circumstances, please, for the love of Boelcke, don’t waste a second thinking about this and release Flying Circus asap.

Any news soon?

J5_Hellbender

#114 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 06 March 2018 - 21:41

No he is not doing the same things that GT did...He isn't, and to my knowledge never made any "accusations". We aren't dealing with "accusations" anymore. Although the RoF Whisper Mill had been buzzing with some suspicions about some of these things before New Wings actually caught them cheating, Krusty and me only became aware of who exactly the cheaters were after 4Speed made his announcement that he had caught cheaters. So we are dealing with people who have been confirmed to have been cheating and banned for it this month on Wargrounds.

Fourspeed and Shot are ultimately the ones that have the "Proof." And of course the people that have been banned for cheating can always disprove any suspicions that have been thrown their way by simply logging in to Wargrounds and demonstrating that it wasn't them. So if you want "proof" demand it from New Wings, or demand it from the J30 guys. Unfortunately, failure of the guilty J30 guys to 'fess up only casts false suspicions on their squadron mates who might not be logging in for perfectly innocent reasons. It's their fault.

The consequences that come from continued anonymity of the cheaters are the responsibility of New Wings and the other parties who decided on the policy of anonyimity in the first place. No one else has ----any--- responsibility at all to come forth with the names.

Oh I know who at least one of the J30 guys is; but I don't have the proof, and presumably neither do you. So unless we're going to provide it, perhaps we should knock it off until suspicions against those pilots involved are actually confirmed.

#115 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 06 March 2018 - 21:43

Oh I know who at least one of the J30 guys is; but I don't have the proof, and presumably neither do you. So unless we're going to provide it, perhaps we should knock it off.

Good idea

#116 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 March 2018 - 22:00

I don’t have to prove anything to you. The proof has already been provided to New Wings, and they found more proof on their own. That is why several J30 members have been banned. You can find the proof on your own, but I’m not going to tell you how to find it.

I’m just going to tell you who was banned. I don’t really care if you believe me.

And since Jason wants this over with, I’ll probably post the names later today.

Free Plank!

#117 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 06 March 2018 - 22:04

looking down over the edge of the very very large tea cup they could see the AF coming into view.

"I say I think the AF is coming into view now, you can just see the windsock through that narrow gap in the cloud."

He said peering through is binoculars while munching on a crumpet.

"Do you you see the saucer yet?" The other chap was staring straight ahead and stopped blinking some hours back.

"No, not yet, I expect that they think we crashed back in that storm." He leaned out a bit further to try and see further through the gap in the clouds.

"I think we will just have to consider crash landing her." He sat back in his seat and looked at the fuel guage.

"Must be running on the fuel lines now, probably a minute or two left at full throttle.." He looked away from the gauge and peered around. Behind them the sky was grey, in the distance a large bank of black could was receding away. A tiny dot presented itself.

"Oh dear, a tiny dot has presented itself! " He shouted accidentally.

"Oh for heavens sake what have I said about shouting, I am not deaf! " The other chap blinked a few times.

"We have got company old chap, sorry, just a bit on edge you know." He fiddled with the focus on his binoculars .

As the very very large tea cup flew on towards their AF they were being tailed through the storm by a dreadful flying beer stein, and it was gaining on them, rapidly.

"Oh blast, it's a flying beer stein! We had better hope the AAA chaps are on duty or we have had it!" He shouted quietly.

Salute!

Planky.

-

Captured again!

#118 Kelp44

Kelp44
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 March 2018 - 22:05

Normally I’d agree with Arty: it is the developer’s responsibility to fix known exploits - but given the circumstances, please, for the love of Boelcke, don’t waste a second thinking about this and release Flying Circus asap.

Any news soon?

+1

Well formulated Bender

#119 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 06 March 2018 - 22:09

Oh I know who at least one of the J30 guys is; but I don't have the proof, and presumably neither do you. So unless we're going to provide it, perhaps we should knock it off until suspicions against those pilots involved are actually confirmed.

OK, fine, go with your "presumptions" then :)

If New Wings think it is somehow in the best interests of the community to have an atmosphere of "I know, but I don't really know, so I'll forever remain suspicious, and what if I'm wrong" among people like yourself, then that is their responsiblity and let them be forced explain it and deal with it. 

#120 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 06 March 2018 - 22:15

You can find the proof on your own, but I’m not going to tell you how to find it.

Mmmhmmm...

Well I guess we'll just have to wait for your announcement lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users