* * * * * 1 votes

Community Policy on Cheating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

#41 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:43

This is what I think, you are pissed about being permabanned  from WG and the cheaters are not.

They could offer to pay me to fly on Wargrounds now and I would refuse.

Just out of curiosity, do you think you should be permanently banned from WG while cheaters will be back there in less than a month?

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#42 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:45

If they go ahead with a 1 month ban for cheating, absolutely.  Are you beginning to grasp the issue yet, genius?

Get over it, get a life, or learn to read.

1 month first offence , permaban second offence.

You got nothing to grip about you earned your ban.  

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#43 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:47

You got nothing to grip about you earned your ban.  

I'm not going to be griping.  I'm going to be recruiting.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#44 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:49

I'm not going to be griping.  I'm going to be recruiting.

When are you going to stop griping?

#45 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:52

When I'm done dancing on graves.  That may take a few months.

Free Plank!

#46 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:09

Unfortunately I find myself in nearly total disagreement with the joint policy statement issued to address current and future incidents of cheating.  So vast is my disagreement, that as a matter of conscience, I have voluntarily submitted my resignation from the Jasta 5 squadron.  I believe at the core of my being that this policy is the wrong course of action, and I just can't get onboard with it...

#47 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:10

Unfortunately I find myself in nearly total disagreement with the joint policy statement issued to address current and future incidents of cheating.  So vast is my disagreement, that as a matter of conscience, I have voluntarily submitted my resignation from the Jasta 5 squadron. 

Bye bye.

#48 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:14

Bye bye.

LoL.  I'm not going anywhere, Sunshine.  I simply removed an insignia from my lapel.  I try to conduct myself with the courage of my convictions, while you are nothing but a serpent.

#49 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:58

I am speaking with authority.  You're not nearly as clever as you think you are.

Upon reflection I will have to concede to you on that point; I really must stop underestimating myself.

#50 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:08

Lot of people seem to be only seeing 1'st time - 1 month ban part. First, what I see, it's 1st time = 1 month ban from all four servers = 1 month ban from icons-off MP. Second, 2nd time= permanent ban for perps and their squadrons, unless they kick them out. This is huge, and I salute  :icon_e_salute: the solidarity and coordination of server operators. 

I do not doubt that had I been cheating (and caught) that I would have received a very long hiatus from the admins at New Wings and not the 'mates rates' of 1 month that the GT's and company received.

Please. Every time a person is banned (or, heaven forbid, walks free) , his enemies whine that ban is to short and he's getting a mates rate. I tried it from every angle here. Graham or Plank gets banned, KSBs whine I'm buddies with him because it's to short. Krusty or Ice gets banned, Graham and Plank whine I'm to light on my buddies. Plank gets banned, everybody complains I go easy on him. Fast forward couple of years, and only buddies admin has left are ones he never had to consider banning.

The real mate rate? It shows in how my J2 Kameraden (and Four Speed, and others) go out of their way to not get lost in arguments here. Or how I am no longer returning friendly fire on Wargrounds, no matter how the idiot is asking for it. Because I respect admin there enough that I never want to show in his logs again. 
(Forcing them to crash is another matter...) 

The mates who don't care that it's us whom they are causing trouble, what kind of mates they are (assuming they ever were)? The colder heads must have prevailed when NW were deciding the ban length, but believe me, they are pissed.

They've been accusing people of cheating for years. They ran out of strikes long ago.

What it has to do with server admin policies? Unless they did it on chat and server has rules against it? Accursation of cheating is only forbidden on this forum AFAIK, otherwise it's just dickensery, and if servers were banning people for that... 

... now it's you who's demanding mate points from server ops; argue that cheaters run out of strikes with server admins already because they were accursing you for years. 

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#51 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 05 March 2018 - 13:09

I commend the various servers working together to come up with a universal response and flexibility for each respective servers in the event cheaters are caught. I do not think the servers are obligated to act based on what happens on this forum. The two entities are separate from each other. I think this is an important step forward. I still believe that a basic term of service for use of the server may not be a bad idea as well a procedure for reporting suspicion of cheating. 

For this forum... The rules

Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

It is already a no-no to make an accusation of cheating. 

First offense - 3 days ban on entry
Second offense - 7 days of the ban on entry
Third offense -
30 day ban on entry

The penalty for accusing anyone of cheating is pretty harsh/ lenient. I have to wonder if this was included in rule 7 after the fact? 

Lastly, servers are only concern with behavior on their server. The punishment is only based on what they have done wrong there. Being a jerk elsewhere is not a mitigating factor. 

comic3_signature2018.png

#52 JG1_Lipfert

JG1_Lipfert

Posted 05 March 2018 - 13:20

Server Admin,

Thank you for taking the time, to organize, meet and present this policy +1

S!

J89wFKx.png

#53 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 05 March 2018 - 13:40

@ Pikestance - if in doubt, use report button. If we don't seem to be acting on it, contact Panther or myself.

Rule #7 was included after many facts - not sure if in this community, but surely in RB3d and old IL-2. It was also written back when RoF was in active developmen, bugs were quickly patched after report, devs themselves walked among us and listened to our discussions, and discussions of cheats were barking at the moon accursations. It cuts away the discussions where neither side can prove anything and neither would shut up. Like what we had year ago.   

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#54 JG1_Lipfert

JG1_Lipfert

Posted 05 March 2018 - 13:45

And until then they can cheat their little hearts out knowing they will get what is essentially a free pass on the first offense.

CTB,

You have zeroed in on the wrong point of this whole post, concerned with length of ban. The server Admin's have the tools to identify who is cheating and collectively have a dialogue going to enforce.

S!

J89wFKx.png

#55 JG1_Lipfert

JG1_Lipfert

Posted 05 March 2018 - 13:46

Hopefully this policy will encourage even more people to play BoX. MP numbers are already really good, but we always want more.

You are a cancer.

J89wFKx.png

#56 IFlyCentral

IFlyCentral
  • LocationTerok Nor

Posted 05 March 2018 - 13:47

[quote name="J2_PikeStance" post="691670"
Lastly, servers are only concern with behavior on their server. The punishment is only based on what they have done wrong there. Being a jerk elsewhere is not a mitigating factor. [/quote]

You are wrong about that. I personally know of an individual perma-banned from NW because of a joke he made on this forum. The server admin already hated him, and that joke pushed the admin over the edge. It should not have, but it did.

-Aviation Cheat Codes-

7500 - Fly Formation with F-16
7600 - ATC Mute Button
7700 - Priority Landing Anywhere

#57 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 05 March 2018 - 14:06

@ Pikestance - if in doubt, use report button. If we don't seem to be acting on it, contact Panther or myself.

Rule #7 was included after many facts - not sure if in this community, but surely in RB3d and old IL-2. It was also written back when RoF was in active developmen, bugs were quickly patched after report, devs themselves walked among us and listened to our discussions, and discussions of cheats were barking at the moon accursations. It cuts away the discussions where neither side can prove anything and neither would shut up. Like what we had year ago.   

I appreciate the clarification. 

You are wrong about that. I personally know of an individual perma-banned from NW because of a joke he made on this forum. The server admin already hated him, and that joke pushed the admin over the edge. It should not have, but it did.

The two entities are not legally bound. There is no term of service for any server, so they can act at their own whim. It is their private server. IC/777 will not entangle themselves. They could do so is a different matter. Anyone can create a server, so they would be no reason to do so. 

comic3_signature2018.png

#58 IFlyCentral

IFlyCentral
  • LocationTerok Nor

Posted 05 March 2018 - 14:15

You missed my point. Some servers ARE in fact; concerning themselves (in a Cherry picking way) with what goes on with this forum, and using their flight server as a way to punish forum behavior they don't like. My Statement had nothing to do with regulation.

-Aviation Cheat Codes-

7600 - ATC Mute Button

#59 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 05 March 2018 - 14:17

My point is that they are private entities. They are not bound to anyone but themselves. 

comic3_signature2018.png

#60 IFlyCentral

IFlyCentral
  • LocationTerok Nor

Posted 05 March 2018 - 14:29

My point is that they are private entities. They are not bound to anyone but themselves.

Let me spell it out for you. You... said...that..."servers are only concern with behavior on their server." That...is...NOT...true. Not in every case in any event.

-Aviation Cheat Codes-

7600 - ATC Mute Button

#61 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:08

Now it's you who's cherry picking, Central :).

Pike: break, break, pull up and climb away!

maxresdefault.jpg

Forum moderator.

#62 IFlyCentral

IFlyCentral
  • LocationTerok Nor

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:12

Now it's you who's cherry picking, Central :).

That may be true... from a certain point of view. :D

-Aviation Cheat Codes-

7600 - ATC Mute Button

#63 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:23

What it has to do with server admin policies? Unless they did it on chat and server has rules against it? Accursation of cheating is only forbidden on this forum AFAIK, otherwise it's just dickensery, and if servers were banning people for that... 

They did it in here and never got banned for. They did it in chat and never got banned for it. These were NOT just some guys who made a small mistake. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing, because they spent years falsely accusing others of doing it. The ban they got was a joke. So I plan to put even more effort into humiliating them.

As for anyone else, first offense should start, at a minimum, at 6 months. Personally, I think 1 year is about right. 1 month is a joke.

Free Plank!

#64 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:24

You are a cancer.

Where were you when J30 was falsely accusing people, including me, of cheating? GFY

Free Plank!

#65 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:27

Where were you when J30 was falsely accusing people, including me, of cheating? GFY

Are you pushing to get permabanned on all off-icon servers?

#66 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:30

Let me spell it out for you. You... said...that..."servers are only concern with behavior on their server." That...is...NOT...true. Not in every case in any event.

It was up to me yes. It is my personal opinion. The fact that they did or did not adhere to what I think is neither here nor there. 

The following is more germane to the discussion. 

I commend the various servers working together to come up with a universal response and flexibility for each respective servers in the event cheaters are caught. I do not think the servers are obligated to act based on what happens on this forum. The two entities are separate from each other. I think this is an important step forward. I still believe that a basic term of service for use of the server may not be a bad idea as well a procedure for reporting suspicion of cheating. 

I think I made it abundantly clear that these are private entities. I may pontificate what they should or should not do, but ultimately, they can do whatever they like.This includes considering or not considering statements made in other mediums. It is their prerogative.  

comic3_signature2018.png

#67 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:32

They did it in here and never got banned for.

That part is my fault, and a ban that should bhave happenned on this forum. Nothing to do with NW.

They did it in chat and never got banned for it.

Was it against that servers rules?

As for anyone else, first offense should start, at a minimum, at 6 months. Personally, I think 1 year is about right. 1 month is a joke. 

One month and promise to perma-ban their entire squdron if it happens again. Plus, server ops are testing waters. 

In a year we'll all be on BoX, anyway.

EDIT:

e688c52eee2bcab24379dada39b55eb3--ghost-

Forum moderator.

#68 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:35

1 month is a joke. Period. I don’t give a crap if it gets worse after that.

Free Plank!

#69 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:37

1 month is a joke. Period. I don’t give a crap if it gets worse after that.

And the joke is on you. Ha ha

#70 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:43

Still whining like a baby then BSR.

Nobody gives a stuff what you think, but if you wish to carry on with your little 'breakdown' in public - you go for it my son !

It's getting funnier by the post.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#71 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 15:57

Still whining like a baby then BSR.

F@ck you. I’m not the only one who thinks that 1 month is a joke. If you don’t like me bringing that up, tough crap. I don’t give a f@ck what you think about anything.

Free Plank!

#72 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2018 - 16:03

F@ck you. I’m not the only one who thinks that 1 month is a joke. If you don’t like me bringing that up, tough crap. I don’t give a f@ck what you think about anything.

When you put up your server you can set what you think is the appropriate ban, until then get over it.

#73 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 16:09

When you put up your server you can set what you think is the appropriate ban, until then get over it.

GFY. Running a server is not required for having an opinion for what the appropriate length of the ban should be.

Free Plank!

#74 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 05 March 2018 - 16:12

Wasn't "When you run your own server.. " or "when ou write your own successful WW1 sim..." your favourite line for downing complainers?

Forum moderator.

#75 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 16:14

All this support for a 1 month ban has me thinking that lots of you would like to try out that hack and think that it would be nice to have a “get out of jail free” card just in case you’re caught.

Free Plank!

#76 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 16:15

Wasn't "When you run your own server.. " or "when ou write your own successful WW1 sim..." your favourite line for downing complainers?

If someone is complaining about something for months. Absolutely. I won’t be complaining about this for months.

Free Plank!

#77 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2018 - 16:16

If your life-long ambition is to be a Oscar Mayer wiener, then you're almost there, you are the biggest "Whiner" that ever was.

#78 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 05 March 2018 - 16:16

You've said you think 1 month ban is a joke about 50 times now, how many more times are you going to say it..and what difference do you think you're making ?

Plus you've broken about every rule in the forum rule book lately, and you've not been banned yet..

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#79 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 16:26

You've said you think 1 month ban is a joke about 50 times now, how many more times are you going to say it..

Probably a few more. They just announced the policy yesterday. It’s probably going to be debated for a few days before we move on. So toughen up cupcake, it could get unpleasant.

Free Plank!

#80 IFlyCentral

IFlyCentral
  • LocationTerok Nor

Posted 05 March 2018 - 18:06

Pike: break, break, pull up and climb away!maxresdefault.jpg

Attached File  Tenerife-airport-disaster-crash-animation.gif   155.59KB   1 downloads

Too late tower... too late.

-Aviation Cheat Codes-

7600 - ATC Mute Button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users