Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Community Policy on Cheating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

#1 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 04 March 2018 - 19:09

In light of the recent cheating incidents, we have formed a group of like-minded server owner/operators to share tools and policy regarding cheats and exploits in order to protect the integrity of the game.

Tools exist to identify pilots who cheat ("cheating" will be determined and enforced by the group of server owners/operators).

Bans of at least 1 month for the first offense may be assessed on New Wings, J5, JG1, Cuban's Syndicate and may be denied access to campaign/tournament events.

Pilots with a 2nd offense will be permanently banned as well as be publicly named in the forums.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#2 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 March 2018 - 19:11

I just want to confirm that we at Cuban Syndicate Server are backing the above policy

sig.png

#3 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Agreed.

sig9.png

#4 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

On behalf of New Wings, I'm in complete agreement with this policy, and it will be enforced on our servers.

Regards,

#5 CGardner99

CGardner99

Posted 04 March 2018 - 20:15

In light of the recent cheating incidents, we have formed a group of like-minded server owner/operators to share tools and policy regarding cheats and exploits in order to protect the integrity of the game.

Tools exist to identify pilots who cheat ("cheating" will be determined and enforced by the group of server owners/operators).

Bans of at least 1 month for the first offense may be assessed on New Wings, J5, JG1, Cuban's Syndicate and may be denied access to campaign/tournament events.

Pilots with a 2nd offense will be permanently banned as well as be publicly named in the forums.

On behalf of New Wings, I'm in complete agreement with this policy, and it will be enforced on our servers.

Regards,

Nicely done gentlemen, you have my full support!

S!

Charles Gardner

Hells Angel

#6 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 March 2018 - 20:37

Salute gentlemen! This is excellent. Thank you! :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#7 Capt.TeddyBear

Capt.TeddyBear

Posted 04 March 2018 - 20:49

What a disappointment and the opportunity to, as best as possible, to nip cheating in the butt had been lost forever.. A one month ban is a disgraceful response for cheating as cheating is the cancer of online gaming and one month can be done standing on your head.

You are essentially giving cheaters a free pass and now the other cheaters can continue to do so as they know that it will only be a month off.

And a cheater will always cheat.

Removed inflammatory remark.

Free Krusty & Wodewick!

Verified Gaming JerkGT  

#8 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 04 March 2018 - 20:56

Salute!

comic3_signature2018.png

#9 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 04 March 2018 - 21:41

Hopefully this policy will encourage even more people to play BoX. MP numbers are already really good, but we always want more.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#10 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 04 March 2018 - 22:11

Hopefully this policy will encourage even more people to-

Look for exploits in BoX, sharing the details of their findings only among whatever select group of which they may be members, while the rest of the community are made aware only that such exploits are available.

#11 =CfC=FatherTed

=CfC=FatherTed

Posted 04 March 2018 - 22:18

What a disappointment and the opportunity to, as best as possible, to nip cheating in the butt had been lost forever.. A one month ban is a disgraceful response for cheating as cheating is the cancer of online gaming and one month can be done standing on your head.

You are essentially giving cheaters a free pass and now the other cheaters can continue to do so as they know that it will only be a month off.

Read the OP:  repeat offence = perma-ban.

#12 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 04 March 2018 - 22:31

blah...blah...blah....

they ban cheaters for a lot longer than 1 month

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#13 Capt.TeddyBear

Capt.TeddyBear

Posted 04 March 2018 - 22:41

The highlighted parts of this policy will cause further issues because it allows for bias and prejudice to be enter into the equation.

I do not doubt that had I been cheating (and caught) that I would have received a very long hiatus from the admins at New Wings and not the 'mates rates' of 1 month that the GT's and company received.

There are no degrees of cheating, Your sentence should not be based upon how long or if the cheat gives a small or large advantage, cheating is cheating and the damage it does for trust withing the community is the same regardless of the degree.

May miss campaign/tournament events!!??? The first offense should be a ban of 1 year. Why would or should it be less?

The other issue is a lack of transparency in the fact that those caught are allowed to remain anonymous thus removing an additional deterrent. Additionally there will be collateral damage as people will start finger pointing and whispering when someone is away for any extended time which again creates a lack of trust within the community.

I find it very disconcerting the lack of conviction in addressing this cancer.

Free Krusty & Wodewick!

Verified Gaming JerkGT  

#14 Capt.TeddyBear

Capt.TeddyBear

Posted 04 March 2018 - 22:42

Read the OP:  repeat offence = perma-ban.

And until then they can cheat their little hearts out knowing they will get what is essentially a free pass on the first offense.

Free Krusty & Wodewick!

Verified Gaming JerkGT  

#15 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 04 March 2018 - 22:42

Read the OP: repeat offence = perma-ban.

So what? First time cheaters should get a lot longer punishment than one month. One month is a joke

Free Plank!

#16 IFlyCentral

IFlyCentral
  • LocationTerok Nor

Posted 04 March 2018 - 22:43

They say "of at least one month"... A more proactive server could perma-ban if they wanted to. Perhaps one or more of the aforementioned servers will still come down hard on these cheaters. Only one so far has definitely said they will not.

-Aviation Cheat Codes-

7500 - Fly Formation with F-16
7600 - ATC Mute Button
7700 - Priority Landing Anywhere

#17 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 04 March 2018 - 22:44

There is nothing wrong with one strike and you are out. It is one month for all servers in involved in the agreement. Time reflect and if your u do it again and it “hit the road jack.”

comic3_signature2018.png

#18 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 04 March 2018 - 22:50

There is nothing wrong with one strike and you are out. It is one month for all servers in involved in the agreement. Time reflect and if your u do it again and it “hit the road jack.”

They've been accusing people of cheating for years. They ran out of strikes long ago.

Free Plank!

#19 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 04 March 2018 - 23:36

One month is nothing.

The only reason to play online, barring coops, is to compete with other players who enjoy the same game as you do.

These guys weren't playing the same game as everyone else, and they knew it. They *chose* to play a different game, with different rules which only applied to them.

We have all sorts of arguments around here about Salutes, ramming, vulching, etc; but those are different. In those cases we are still playing the same game against each other.

These guys decided that they didn't want to play that same game with the rest of us; and if that is what they wanted, that is what they should get- permanently. My only regret would be that the ban isn't global; because I'll bet my lunch that the scope of this exploit goes further than icons.

#20 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 04 March 2018 - 23:47

One month is nothing.
The only reason to play online, barring coops, is to compete with other players who enjoy the same game as you do.
These guys weren't playing the same game as everyone else, and they knew it. They *chose* to play a different game, with different rules which only applied to them.
We have all sorts of arguments around here about Salutes, ramming, vulching, etc; but those are different. In those cases we are still playing the same game against each other.
These guys decided that they didn't want to play that same game with the rest of us; and if that is what they wanted, that is what they should get- permanently.

Not to mention that they accused a bunch of us of cheating. Repeatedly. Unfortunately, I’m not surprised that Gus is getting repeated tongue baths. It’s amazing, but not surprising.

Seriously, BoX is awesome. I can’t believe that anyone would play another minute of RoF MP if this 1 month ban policy stands.

Kidding... I’m not surprised that some of you think it’s a good idea at all.

Free Plank!

#21 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 04 March 2018 - 23:53

Seriously, BoX is awesome. I can’t believe that anyone would play another minute of RoF.

BoX is great, but I don't play MP in it much at all, for the same reason I don't fly on Wargrounds. I need to be able to get up and take care of things while playing, or sometimes only have a short window to play to begin with.

The mission servers on BoX are a lot of fun- when I have the time. But the dogfight servers are garbage.

#22 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 04 March 2018 - 23:54

they ban cheaters for a lot longer than 1 month

Should I understand that you know cheating to be possible on BoX? and if so why has the flaw not been patched?

#23 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 04 March 2018 - 23:59

Should I understand that you know cheating to be possible on BoX? and if so why has the flaw not been patched?

I don’t know if it’s been patched. But I do know that if you cheat you’ll be caught. And the punishment will be longer than 1 month. Maybe you should crawl back under your rock and let the adults discuss this.

Free Plank!

#24 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 05 March 2018 - 00:22

I don’t know if it’s been patched. But I do know that if you cheat you’ll be caught. And the punishment will be longer than 1 month. Maybe you should crawl back under your rock and let the adults discuss this.

It seems you're implying that it's possible, although coming from you one may struggle to give it credence, in the same way that it's hard to attribute adult maturity to many involved in this discussion, although they don't seem overly enamoured with your involvement.

#25 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 00:25

It seems you're implying that it's possible, although coming from you one may struggle to give it credence, in the same way that it's hard to attribute adult maturity to many involved in this discussion, although they don't seem overly enamoured with your involvement.

After that stunt you pulled on the RoF MP server list, you’re really fortunate that you didn’t get a permanent ban. So GFY.

Free Plank!

#26 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:52

After that stunt you pulled on the RoF MP server list, you’re really fortunate that you didn’t get a permanent ban. So GFY.

I realise this will be a rather taxing request, but if you must change the subject at least select one on which you speak with authority.

#27 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:58

I realise this will be a rather taxing request, but if you must change the subject at least select one on which you speak with authority.

I am speaking with authority.  You're not nearly as clever as you think you are.

Free Plank!

#28 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:15

S! All,

The Flanders In Flames tournament (and the JG1 squadron) were involved in these discussions, and fully backs and supports this community policy.

However, FIF will not just be issuing a 1 month ban for the first offense.

Rather, anyone caught using a cheat on the FIF server will immediately receive a full "campaign ban".  This means that the pilot will be banned from FIF for both Phase A and Phase B of whatever campaign is currently ongoing (approximately 8+ weeks).  If the pilot is discovered to have cheated mid-way through a campaign, they'll be banned for the rest of the current campaign, plus all of the next campaign as well (an additional 8+ weeks).

A second offense is a permanent ban for that pilot, as well as a permanent ban for that pilot's squadron, so long as that pilot is still a member of that squadron.

Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

#29 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:19

+1! 

#30 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:29

S! All,

The Flanders In Flames tournament (and the JG1 squadron) were involved in these discussions, and fully backs and supports this community policy.

However, FIF will not just be issuing a 1 month ban for the first offense.

Rather, anyone caught using a cheat on the FIF server will immediately receive a full "campaign ban".  This means that the pilot will be banned from FIF for both Phase A and Phase B of whatever campaign is currently ongoing (approximately 8+ weeks).  If the pilot is discovered to have cheated mid-way through a campaign, they'll be banned for the rest of the current campaign, plus all of the next campaign as well (an additional 8+ weeks).

A second offense is a permanent ban for that pilot, as well as a permanent ban for that pilot's squadron, so long as that pilot is still a member of that squadron.

So the known cheaters will be allowed into FiF until they're caught in there?  That sounds great.  It's really amazing how clueless you people are.  

Free Plank!

#31 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:33

So the known cheaters will be allowed into FiF until they're caught in there?  That sounds great.  It's really amazing how clueless you people are.  

Why would care what they do?

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#32 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:35

Why would care what they do?

Because I still want to play RoF MP occasionally.

Free Plank!

#33 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:40

Because I still want to play RoF MP occasionally.

BULLSHIT!

Attached File  Capture.JPG   55.18KB   17 downloads

#34 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:41

BSR,

Any JG1 member caught cheating is immediately expelled from our squadron.  We have a zero tolerance policy regarding this type of BS.

However, FIF will walk in step with the rest of the community, albeit with the caveats I've posted.

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#35 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:44

Also no.  If you're caught cheating on any other server, you're immediately banned from the FIF servers.

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#36 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:07

Also no.  If you're caught cheating on any other server, you're immediately banned from the FIF servers.

Good.

#37 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:45

You understand that that isn't actually stated in your policy, right?  Anyhow, the people who were just caught should be banned permanently.  Period.  Not just for cheating, but also because they accused so many other people of cheating before they were caught.

Free Plank!

#38 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:49

BULLSHIT!

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

You know that attachment doesn't actually contradict my statement, right?  You really are an illiterate simpleton.

Free Plank!

#39 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:35

Not sure of your logic, you want to drive people away from ROF MP so you can play on a empty server. Brilliant.

This is what I think, you are pissed about being permabanned  from WG and the cheaters are not.

#40 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:40

Not sure of your logic, you want to drive people away from ROF MP so you can play on a empty server. Brilliant.

If they go ahead with a 1 month ban for cheating, absolutely.  Are you beginning to grasp the issue yet, genius?

Free Plank!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users