Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Flying for the Captain [Vintage Mission and NFF footage in Breguet, Bristol and CL.II]

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:43

S! all

By popular request (I'm a person and I requested it to myself), and never being one to pass up an opportunity to showcase my own incompetence, here's some footage of two-seater action - the good, the bad, and the hilarious - recorded over the last weekend during the Cuban Connection Vintage Mission (as well as some training sessions on New Flyers and Friends a day earlier). As always, with the unparalleled Captain Darling manning the guns.

I edited the best bits together, but still ended up with close to half an hour of footage. What better way to spend a cold snowy/rainy Friday afternoon?

Stay until after the credits!

J5_Hellbender

#2 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 02 March 2018 - 14:13

"Oh look. You've shot them all down!"

:icon_e_salute:

#3 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 02 March 2018 - 14:48

Most of the time I have no idea what he's doing back there.

J5_Hellbender

#4 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 March 2018 - 15:29

Lol! That was priceless - thanks for sharing! :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#5 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 02 March 2018 - 16:28

Thanks for watching!

I’ll post it on the IL-2 forums as well as soon as they come back online. Hopefully we can get a few more people interested in flying two-seaters in RoF or FC down the line.

J5_Hellbender

#6 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 02 March 2018 - 17:10

Indiana Jones moment...lol

#7 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 March 2018 - 17:38

Cool! You know, I'd love to see an RoF track captured from Captain Darling's point of view. Is that possible Captain? Record an RoF track then capture it to Fraps? Kind of like a gunning tutorial for crappy gunners like myself.  :icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_e_salute:

#8 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 02 March 2018 - 17:53

I’ve been trying to get my hands on a track of the Captain so I can make a video showing both perspectives (if I track record as pilot I can’t switch to his position), but he’s notoriously protective of his aimbot cheats. He even managed to install them on my laptop when I visited him a few years back, but somehow they only work for him.

Anyway, I’ll make it happen for part 2!

J5_Hellbender

#9 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 March 2018 - 18:30

I'm sure many here would love to see it. Aimbot cheat or not  :icon_e_smile:  :icon_e_salute:

#10 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 02 March 2018 - 23:58

Lol

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#11 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 04 March 2018 - 15:40

Good Stuff!   Thx HB for posting this. Reminds me of all the fun we used to have in the early days,all those years ago. Good to see you guys at it again... Bristrolling!

Revenge!

GC

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#12 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:51

I tried my best Hellbender and Darling impersonation during the knights of the sea event.  It didn't end well for the gunner but I survived. :icon_lol:

#13 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 05 March 2018 - 21:49

Good Stuff!   Thx HB for posting this. Reminds me of all the fun we used to have in the early days,all those years ago. Good to see you guys at it again... Bristrolling!

Revenge!

GC

Revenge!

It's always a pleasure to see you around, man! I'm sorry I didn't properly say hi the other night, as you can see we were quite busy. And you may be J5 now, but you'll always be IRFC to me  :icon_e_salute:  (no offence to J5, of course)

You should drop by in the IRFC teamspeak this weekend.

J5_Hellbender

#14 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:38

Revenge!

It's always a pleasure to see you around, man! I'm sorry I didn't properly say hi the other night, as you can see we were quite busy. And you may be J5 now, but you'll always be IRFC to me  :icon_e_salute:  (no offence to J5, of course)

You should drop by in the IRFC teamspeak this weekend.

I may just do that... would be good to say hey to you and the Captain.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#15 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 06 March 2018 - 14:07

Thanks for watching!

I’ll post it on the IL-2 forums as well as soon as they come back online. Hopefully we can get a few more people interested in flying two-seaters in RoF or FC down the line.

Did you post it? I can't find it. I want to follow it with another one, recorded by my gunner back during last BA.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#16 J2_drookasi

J2_drookasi

Posted 06 March 2018 - 17:45

Always a pleasure to shoot the pair of you down Hellbender and Darling. A big salute!

J2_Drookasi

Staffelfuhrer Jasta 2 'Boelcke'

mXZpW8i.jpg?1

#17 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 06 March 2018 - 23:02

Did you post it? I can't find it. I want to follow it with another one, recorded by my gunner back during last BA.

Not yet, I'll do it right away!

EDIT: https://forum.il2stu...nd-halberstadt/

Always a pleasure to shoot the pair of you down Hellbender and Darling. A big salute!

S! That was a great fight you guys put up, and the proper way to deal with Bristrolling.

:icon_e_salute:

J5_Hellbender

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users