Photo
- - - - -

Help with initial HOTAS setup?...please!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hazmat

Hazmat

Posted 22 February 2018 - 16:08

I'm trying to get back into ROF but I've never been happy with the way you have to manually build the HOTAS setup. I have invested in a Saitek X52 Pro. Is there any place to download or view an existing setup to get me started? better yet is there any way to download and use someones existing setup? Thanks.

#2 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 22 February 2018 - 16:32

I can't comment on your gear, but whenever I have to set up controls for a Sim - first thing I do is delete everything and start from scratch.

The number of options and menu's can be a bit overwhelming and depending on how / what you fly, you probably won't use many of them.

Keeping the ones you don't use / need blank keeps it looking simpler - which suits me perfectly !

:icon_e_salute: Good to see you back.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#3 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 12 March 2018 - 20:56

Yeah, I can't directly help either except to say I find the most convenient way to build a setup is to just start flying a few most likely airplanes on most likely mission types and see what commands I'm looking for the most.  Those commands get the easiest to reach buttons.  

I find a ground up build is too big for my small head, at least it was in IL-2.  Even in ROF I just started flying and tweaked as I went.  The first ten are buttons to set are obvious and the rest don't matter that much.

Good luck though.   I hope you start to have so much fun that the set up stops feeling like work.

Ceowulf<><

PS.  Maybe a little off topic but I just added a modifier button to my joystick in IL-2 effectively doubling the number of available buttons, hats, switches, and axes.  (Virpil T50, Warthog throttle, and CH quadrant.)  My brain is seriously going to run out of RAM soon. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users