* * * * * 1 votes

Knights of the Sea III 1918 - March 4th 1700GMT

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 16 February 2018 - 22:35

Attached File  KOTSIII Banner.jpg   149.5KB   1 downloads

Salute gentlemen, we are pleased to announce the gents at Syndicate Squadron have given us a special treat to share with the ROF community.  Knights of the Sea III, featuring a 1918 plane set.  This map differs somewhat from the first two Knights of the Sea events in not only the plane set, but some naval targets being moved farther SW closer to the area between Dover and Calais.  This should allow for more action over the water without having to navigate extreme distances offshore with no land marks.  However, for the brave there are still a few naval targets operating out to sea of Ostende Harbor and far east of Felixstowe, England.  There is also the long haul Gotha raid of the infamous "England Squadron" that is tasked with flying completely across the Channel and hitting Felixstowe and Harwich, and returning home, about a 3hour round trip ;)

We will run this in place of the normal Sunday Vintage Mission, just remember you will have to go "Mods On" mode to see the server.

This is a 6 hour mission that starts at 0500 just before dawn.  For those who don't care for night flying, don't worry, there will be light enough to see at 0700, 2hrs after mission start.

IMPORTANT - This tournament is mods on.  It requires only 2 mods to be run by all players

- Soldiers_Package_2v4(SYN)

- Tirpitz_Battery_Object_v1.0

Here is a dropbox link to a folder containing both mods and the JGSME.exe tool for those that don't already have it.

https://www.dropbox....6lkvjxBKna?dl=0

Simply download the two mods, drop them into your ROF MODS folder and activate them using JGSME.  Make sure they are the ONLY two mods you have activated.  There is a quick how-to for those that have never used mods in ROF before at the bottom of this post.

Mission Background: 

February 25, 1918

The unrestricted submarine warfare campaign has failed to end the war, now it is down to the German army, reinforced by units from the Eastern Front.  The German Marinekorps are to support the army with attempts to hinder British logistics and reinforcements, and to defend the U-boats in and around their ports.  The Royal Navy have discovered that the Dover barrage has been ineffective.  Admiral Bacon has been replaced by Admiral Keyes, who has emphasised the defence of the Straits and also has plans to attack Ostend and Zeebrugge.

The side which completes the most objectives will win.  The Germans have the advantage and will be awarded a free objective at the beginning of the mission so that they win any ties.

CENTRAL OBJECTIVES

Attached File  gotha_dover.jpg   755.33KB   1 downloads

Bomb the naval dump at Harwich, Dover Station and either the dump or station at Ramsgate.

Sink merchant ships in port at Dunkirk and Calais.

Sink merchant ships in English ports and home waters.

Sink Royal Navy drifters.

Destroy bridges on the rail route out of Calais.

Bomb the big British depot at Furnes.

Destroy Entente balloons and transport, also complete the indicated recces.

ENTENTE OBJECTIVES

Attached File  felix_cliffs of dover.jpg   180.16KB   1 downloads

Sink a German destroyer as the flotilla returns to Zeebrugge from northeast of Ramsgate.

Sink German minesweepers as they clear the old advanced barrage.

Sink a U-boat as it attempts to ambush the Dutch convoy.

Sink a U-boat between the barrages as it tries to pass the Dover Straits .

Sink U-boats in port at Bruges, and also Ostend and Zeebrugge.

Destroy coastal defences at Zeebrugge and Ostend.<br>Bomb bridges over the Bruges ship canal at Zeebrugge.

Bomb the dump and railyard at Bruges.

Destroy German balloons and transport, also complete the indicated recces.

NOTES - Only the fuel dumps need to be destroyed at Harwich.  The Ramsgate target can be either the station or the ammunition dump in the harbour.  The Bruges dump consists of the fuel tanks and surrounding sheds, as well as the sheds around the railyard.
-Both Bray Dunes and Klemskerke aerodromes will be deactivated if their hangars are destroyed.  Any machines based there will have ten minutes to take off, or they will be lost.

-The coast bombardment can only be conducted once.  It may begin shortly after it is light enough for balloons, though the Ostend balloon has to be destroyed before the cruisers will approach the coast.  German seaplanes have radios and can direct fire on the bombarding ships.

-Further recces of Bruges and Zeebrugge and targets in England are needed to complete the bombing missions.  The bridges are tough and may also be repaired.

-Balloons are vulnerable just before dawn.  No recces possible before dawn!

Thanks to SYN_Vander and SYN_Bandy for the original drifter vessels mod which then made it into the game!

Good luck gentlemen!

As you can see on the map, this one has quite a lot going on! ;)

Attached File  Full Map.JPG   214.44KB   2 downloads

Attached File  MID.JPG   321.69KB   2 downloads

Attached File  SW.JPG   322.31KB   0 downloads

Attached File  SE.JPG   275.92KB   2 downloads

Instructions on mods:

1. Download the JGSME.exe file and place it in your main Rise of Flight directory.  Example: C:\Program Files x86\1C-777\Rise of Flight (or wherever your particular install is located)

2. In that main ROF directory, create a folder named MODS <-- must be in all CAPS

3. Drop the two mods you downloaded (Soldiers_Package_2v4(SYN) and Tirpitz_Battery_Object_v1.0) into that MODS folder.

4. Double click the JGSME.exe program and it will ask if the MODS folder is where you want it to look for mods, click OK or Yes.

5. The two mods should be visible in the left hand pane of the JGSME program, select each one and click the arrow pointing to the right to activate.  Note:  Upon activating one of the mods it will warn you about overwriting some files, this is normal, click yes or ok to this.

6. You're done!  The mods are now active on your game, however to see the game server for the event, you will have to launch the ROF settings window (where you control graphics settings, etc) Under Game Settings, click the checkbox next to Modifications.  This will put your game into MODS ON mode.  When you start ROF, you will see a flashing "Mods On" message in the upper right corner of the screen.  Remember to turn this off when you want to connect back to the regular "Mods Off" servers like Wargrounds, NFF, etc. otherwise you won't see them in the list.

If anyone has difficulty with the mods, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll help as best I can.  Good luck!

#2 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 26 February 2018 - 17:58

Gentlemen, the server will be up in "mods on" mode starting this evening through the week for those who wish to test their mods installations before the event on Sunday.  If you are able to connect and come up to the game map and mission description, you should be good to go.

#3 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich
  • LocationNorway / Finland

Posted 27 February 2018 - 00:13

Very cool. I am so looking forward to this.

I tried it out this evening. Never used mods in RoF before, but it seemed okay. I could certainly log in fly about for a bit.

The map looks busy and very interesting. I saw a few items there (e.g. "Spot if coast bombarded"). What are we supposed to do with those?

Instructions on mods:

1. Download the JGSME.exe file and place it in your main Rise of Flight directory.  Example: C:\Program Files x86\1C-777\Rise of Flight (or wherever your particular install is located)

2. In that main ROF directory, create a folder named MODS <-- must be in all CAPS

3. Drop the two mods you downloaded (Soldiers_Package_2v4(SYN) and Tirpitz_Battery_Object_v1.0) into that MODS folder.

4. Double click the JGSME.exe program and it will ask if the MODS folder is where you want it to look for mods, click OK or Yes.

5. The two mods should be visible in the left hand pane of the JGSME program, select each one and click the arrow pointing to the right to activate.  Note:  Upon activating one of the mods it will warn you about overwriting some files, this is normal, click yes or ok to this.

6. You're done!  The mods are now active on your game, however to see the game server for the event, you will have to launch the ROF settings window (where you control graphics settings, etc) Under Game Settings, click the checkbox next to Modifications.  This will put your game into MODS ON mode.  When you start ROF, you will see a flashing "Mods On" message in the upper right corner of the screen.  Remember to turn this off when you want to connect back to the regular "Mods Off" servers like Wargrounds, NFF, etc. otherwise you won't see them in the list.

If anyone has difficulty with the mods, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll help as best I can.  Good luck!

Some comments.

3.  The mods were already packed inside the archive. I.e. it was a ZIP file with in a ZIP file. One additional level of unpacking was needed for them to show up in the list.

6.  In the Steam version of RoF, there is no "launcher tool". Instead, to activate mods, start the game normally. Go to the settings then the General tab and click the "Modifications enabled" option. You then re-start the game and you get the "Mods-On-BlinkenLicht" in the top right.

And a question:

When activating the mods, which order should it be done in? Soldiers first? Or Tirpitz first?

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#4 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:22

S! Dietrich, Entente forces have one chance to do a live artillery spotting against the big Turpitz coastal guns by directing arty fire from a fleet of cruisers at sea.  First Entente must destroy the Ostende balloon, then the cruisers  will approach the coast and start their bombardment.  The Entente arty spotter can send them corrections after each shoot.

During this time, the Central forces will have the ability to do arty spotting against the cruisers via seaplanes equipped with radios.  They just need to take off with a radio and hover around the cruisers near that icon on the map.

"-The coast bombardment can only be conducted once.  It may begin shortly after it is light enough for balloons, though the Ostend balloon has to be destroyed before the cruisers will approach the coast.  German seaplanes have radios and can direct fire on the bombarding ships."

As for the mods, it doesn't seem to make any difference which one you load first.  You may get a warning on activating the 2nd mod that you are overwriting files, but this is fine and you can say yes.

Thanks for the additional comments and info, I didn't know that about the steam version :)

#5 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 27 February 2018 - 16:33

Hey Cuban,

I flew on the server last night. I had zero issues connecting to the server. 

I am not familiar with the mods. Is there anything I can take notice of that is different on a server with mods off? 

comic3_signature2018.png

#6 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 27 February 2018 - 17:10

If you don't have the mods installed I think there are objects you will not see, like the Turpitz guns.  I don't know if it would cause other issues for you if you don't run the mods.

#7 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 27 February 2018 - 17:44

No, Cuban, I have the Mods. Apart from the guns, what else would I see? 

comic3_signature2018.png

#8 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 27 February 2018 - 17:56

Ah ok, I'm not sure.  Perhaps that adds some objects in the mud?

#9 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 27 February 2018 - 21:58

Well, the marching soldiers, I presume. If it's the "soldiers Package". Just don't get too excited about it. It's just a few blokes, if I remember correctly.

I would be tempted to fly the Gotha, but I lack the training, haven't flown it in a while. And I've been through it before ;)

It's gonna be another fun Syndicate night :)

#10 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 27 February 2018 - 22:04

I don't own the Gotha yet. It would be fun to fly a bomber in combat though. 

comic3_signature2018.png

#11 Falkenberg

Falkenberg

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:15

I don't own the Gotha yet. It would be fun to fly a bomber in combat though. 

I picked up the Gotha in the recent sale, but struggled with flying it.  When I am confident enough to join a "full real" multiplayer server, I don't anticipate it will be to fly the Gotha.  :icon_e_smile:

#12 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:09

I picked up the Gotha in the recent sale, but struggled with flying it.  When I am confident enough to join a "full real" multiplayer server, I don't anticipate it will be to fly the Gotha.  :icon_e_smile:

The Gotha G.V is probably the hardest of the "heavies" to fly. It is extremely sensitive on the ground and can nose-over or wing-scrape very easily. The S-22 Ilya Muromets and Felixstowe F.2A are both far easier. Easier still is the Handley Page 0-400. When learning the heavies, I recommend you learn to fly them with reduced fuel (20% is plenty) and limited/empty payload... when they are overloaded, they are sensitive to handle.

However for the Knights of the Sea III event in this thread... do take that Felixstowe, and I'll keep an eye out for you. :icon_mad: 

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#13 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:13

I'm not sure wether I missed some information or not, but, when will this start GMT-ish?

edit:

Ah, lol, it's in the head ,  :icon_lol:

#14 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 March 2018 - 21:05

I think I'm wrong in the installation,I charge the mission for 2/3 then it freezes.

"can't load object"

I don't know how to solve the problem

I'm sorry I'll skip the tour Sunday

#15 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:53

Mitra, do the mods show up in the list when you run JGSME.exe?

#16 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 March 2018 - 13:16

I confirm, I see the mods on the left window of JGSME.exe 

Steps:

-I created the folder MODS,I put the file in inside the folder Rise of Flight

-I downloaded the JGSME exe program

-from the download folder I took files with cut and paste (Ctrl + X)

-I put the program in inside the folder Rise of Flight among all other folders  .I now see inside the folder Rise of Flight (bit_console,bit_editor,bit_game,bit_viewer,data,MODS,update and JSGME.exe)

-I downloaded the mods 

-One additional level of unpacking was needed

-I insert the file into the folder MODS ( I now see files inside the MODS folder)

-start the JGSME.exe program

-opens the dialog asking where to look for files (obviously in MODS)

-I confirm

now I see the folder Rise of Flight ,a text file JGSME.ini  [MODS FOLDER]

Name=MODS
                                                                                          [JSGME DETAILS]
                                                                                          FullPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\JSGME.exe
                                                                                          [FORM SIZE]
                                                                                          Main Height=528
                                                                                          Main Left=586
                                                                                          Main Top=291
                                                                                          Main Width=676
                                                                                          Main WindowState=0

-activate the mods by moving them to the left
-I close the folder Program File(x86)
I now start ROF in mode mod on
I go on the server, start to load the mission and crashes at 2/3....small window appears "can't load object"

it's clear that I'm making some mistakes
Holy crap! I can't heat the plane engines :angry:

#17 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 03 March 2018 - 13:24

They need to be moved to the right.
Salute! REDMAN

#18 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 March 2018 - 14:16

yes my mistake .. on the right

#19 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich

Posted 03 March 2018 - 16:47

-I insert the file into the folder MODS ( I now see files inside the MODS folder)

Files or folders?

Inside your RoF folder, there will be the MODS folder (as well as other stuff)

Inside the MODS folder will be the folders ("Soliders_Package_2v4 (SYN)" and "Tirpitz_Batery_Object_v1.0")

Inside each of those folders will be a "data" folder and a "jsgme" file.

You may have this right, but I am just double checking to make sure you haven't over-unpacked the downloads.

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#20 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 March 2018 - 19:34

Yes I wrote badly

Inside the MODS folder will be the folders ("Soliders_Package_2v4 (SYN)" and "Tirpitz_Batery_Object_v1.0" and file JSGM.ini)

the JSGME.ini text file is displayed in the Rise of Flght folder and inside the MODS folder.

I don't see the text file inside the folders Soliders and Tirpitz

#21 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 03 March 2018 - 21:08

#22 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 03 March 2018 - 21:11

Attached File  mods1.JPG   72.51KB   0 downloads

That's a shot of the inside of my C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\MODS\Tirpitz_Battery_Object_v1.0 (SYN) folder

Inside the "Data" folder there are the following subfolders:

graphics

luascripts

missions

can you confirm you have same Mitra?

#23 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 March 2018 - 21:18

negative I only see the folder data

#24 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 03 March 2018 - 23:09

If you look inside the folder "data" do you see

graphics

luascripts

missions

?

#25 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 03 March 2018 - 23:11

Ah ok, you mean you are missing file named "tirpitz_battery_object.jsgme?

#26 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 March 2018 - 23:21

Yes friend!!
Maybe I understood where I'm wrong
-Tasks
-generate snapshot of game file
is loading...

#27 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 March 2018 - 23:24

nothing hangs

#28 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 03 March 2018 - 23:39

Beautiful!! let me know if you run into any more trouble, see you over the channel :)

#29 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 March 2018 - 00:02

I think I've done even more damage!

try again

do the zipped files need to be unpacked inside MODS?

#30 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 04 March 2018 - 00:21

I would unpack them somewhere else, then copy them into your MODS folder.  Inside your MODS folder you should see only the two folders:

Tirpitz_Battery_Object_v1.0 (SYN)

Soldiers_Package_2v4 (SYN)

Here is the MODS folder:

Attached File  mods.JPG   74.62KB   0 downloads

Here is inside the Soldiers_Package_2v4 (SYN) folder:

Attached File  soldiers mod.JPG   65.02KB   0 downloads

Here is inside the Tirpitz_Battery_Object_v1.0 (SYN) folder:

Attached File  tirpitz.JPG   71.38KB   0 downloads

#31 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:33

negative I don't see the JSGME files.....

#32 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:06

Very Simple Directions

STEP 1

Create a folder and call it "MODS" In this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight

STEP 2

Download one of the mods. 

STEP 3

Extract to "MODS" folder

Repeat step 2 and 3 for the second one

Next.

Open JSGME

You will see the mods in the right column. 

Highlight one and click on the arrow to bring it to the left side. 

You should then see it on the left column Repeat this for the second one. 

Now, click on the exe for Rise of Flight. 

Click, Game settings, Tick "Modification on." 

When you enter the game, you will see the server in multiplayer 

comic3_signature2018.png

#33 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:32

I confirm that I did as you just listed

an important passage is missing

I don't  know..

#34 beresford

beresford

Posted 04 March 2018 - 13:41

Tried this with up to the bit where I log on, then I find that the servers page is blank and the only option is to create my own.

#35 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 March 2018 - 14:04

If you have a Mods folder and JSGME installed. Check the JSGME.ini to make sure the mods folders is actually the mods folder.
Default far a default install of JSGME is JSGMEMODS. If you don't point JSGME to the correct folder it wont see the mds

#36 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 March 2018 - 14:07

Tried this with up to the bit where I log on, then I find that the servers page is blank and the only option is to create my own.

The server is off at the moment. Will be back up at 17:00 for mission start

#37 beresford

beresford

Posted 04 March 2018 - 14:37

The server is off at the moment. Will be back up at 17:00 for mission start

Right-o.

#38 beresford

beresford

Posted 04 March 2018 - 17:18

Shame I never got to test it because the mission load stalls. First attempt under the 'H' in 'Rise of Flight', second time under the 'T'. There is a lot of disk drive activity so I wonder if stupid Windows 10 is springing one of its unwanted 'clandestine' activities.

#39 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 04 March 2018 - 17:35

Shame I never got to test it because the mission load stalls. First attempt under the 'H' in 'Rise of Flight', second time under the 'T'. There is a lot of disk drive activity so I wonder if stupid Windows 10 is springing one of its unwanted 'clandestine' activities.

beresford, It can take an extremely long time to load files the first time you run it with the mods. It should be more in line with regular time frame afterwards.  

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin 

Untitled.jpg

#40 beresford

beresford

Posted 04 March 2018 - 17:42

Right, so I should go off and have dinner and leave it to it? Because it looks stalled to me. We're talking ten minutes or so. I'm guessing others must be having problems by the small number of people on the server.

If it means anything, the server window said 'Unable to measure the quality of connection to this server'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users