Photo
- - - - -

Be careful with your accounts..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ed

Ed

Posted 16 February 2018 - 15:48

I began my rise of flight adventures over on January 22 2010. I used my (then) current email address to create my account. All communications were made through this email address.

When my ISP folded, I changed to an MSN account.

I have wasted hours and hours trying to get the 1CGS support staff to transfer my details across from my old account to my new one but they just can't do it. Apparently, they can only transfer our old account details to a new account that they need to set up and that doesn't currently exist. If you set a new account up, be aware that you won't be able to transfer any existing activations in to it !!!

So, a word to the wise. Be very careful when wanting to change your account to a new email address NOT to set that address up on the rise of flight system.Instead, talk to their admin staff first.

Unfortunately, nobody gave me that advice so I'm now stuck with the second account that I just can't use.... 

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 16 February 2018 - 21:15

Welcome to the Forums!

Thanks for the warning.

Did you already buy a bunch of stuff on your second account that's trapped now (or did you have a lot of stuff on your old account)?  At least they're having a big sale now so you'll have a chance to fill in the gaps or replace content as needed pretty cheaply.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:58

Think I do read this wrong but, I also did have to change my Email because the webmail provider stopped. So it was just a matter to sent an Email and screen shots from my Rof account to 777. Fixed even no reregistration needed.
Same on my BoS account only now I did have the problem you can never combine two the same BoS versions or Steam/nonSteam. Also here I contacted 1C they did give me a reply on what they do need and it was fixed by using two accounts. One Email adres for BoSpr/BoMpr/Ju52 all nonSteam and the other Email for BoSst Steam version. BEFORE the change I had already registated my new account.
When asking for a change the keyfactor is you should have patience and do exact what they wrote down. The first reaction from those helpdesk from Farawaystan is always that is imposible, so a good explanation that you have nearly all the flying stuff and a “please shift to the sec.line or Jason” request will solve most.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:03

I began my rise of flight adventures over on January 22 2010. I used my (then) current email address to create my account. All communications were made through this email address.

When my ISP folded, I changed to an MSN account.

I have wasted hours and hours trying to get the 1CGS support staff to transfer my details across from my old account to my new one but they just can't do it. Apparently, they can only transfer our old account details to a new account that they need to set up and that doesn't currently exist. If you set a new account up, be aware that you won't be able to transfer any existing activations in to it !!!

-

Unless I've missed something, all you need to do is obtain another free email address (mail.com, yahoo, gmail etc) and ask for the new address to be assigned to your existing RoF account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users