Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

IdFlieg Advisory (revised)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 08 February 2018 - 23:42

An alarming number of recent structural wing failures has idFlieg issuing an urgent advisory notice to all Jasta and Fliegertruppen.

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#2 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 13 February 2018 - 16:19

Revised version in original post

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

#3 PA_Spartan-

PA_Spartan-

Posted 13 February 2018 - 22:11

Wow! I am reading the Osprey Duel Series and I was about to ask if this issue was modeled in the game. Impressive if so. Are the corrections made for the lower wing in the Albatros also available a bit later?

Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

#4 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 14 February 2018 - 00:45

Hi Spartan. For DVa, we do seem to have the brace from strut to leading edge. No idea if bracing wire for wing tip is modelled.
Think there have been lots of forum discussions on this in the past. Perhaps have a search around.

#5 PA_Spartan-

PA_Spartan-

Posted 14 February 2018 - 20:07

Awesome anyway. Gladly impressed  :)

Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

#6 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 14 February 2018 - 20:11

I always enjoy watching the wings come off of Albatross!  :icon_mad:

103rd%20forum%20sig.jpg

#7 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:33

Perhaps it's that famous Albatros overconfidence?

Whatever the case, if I was flying an Albie it would certainly be playing on my mind :D

#8 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:03

If only I'd watched this before I lost my wings along with my 12 streak  ;)

kPloPKK.png

#9 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:00

As you can see, it happens to the best pilots too!

Anyway i'm sure you're well on the way to the next 20+ streak already. S!

#10 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:57

Anyway i'm sure you're well on the way to the next 20+ streak already. S!

the next? I think you mean the first :icon_lol:

S!

kPloPKK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users