Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I See Red: A Rise Of Flight Experience

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:02

Rise Of Flight is tough at times, especially multiplayer.

The frustrations and failures often end up in "seeing red!"

Growing up in NZ during the 70s and 80s meant there could only ever be one sound track for a video like this.

Music: 'I See Red' - Split Enz. From the 1978 album 'Frenzy'

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

#2 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 February 2018 - 13:23

Good one! Some of those crashes looked really painful - left me wincing! :lol: The music was a perfect fit. I especially liked the “x Ray” effect that you closed the film out on. Neat! :D

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#3 TheBlackFalcon

TheBlackFalcon
  • LocationMineola, NY USA

Posted 04 February 2018 - 16:29

Very nice...  :icon_e_smile:

Shows about my level of skill as a fighter pilot...  That is why I keep telling Hunter, "Let me just fly the bombers!"...  At least I can blow things up :)

Cannon - US 103rd (aka Black Falcon)

Black Falcon

#4 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:56

Wow. Gosh.

YES!

* Standing up clapping and yelling and stamping of feet *

Salute!

Planky.

-

Captured again!

#5 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:09

Thanks guys.

Turns out highlighting ones ineptitude isn't so bad :)

Originally it was just going to be a bunch of 'woundings' set to the song, but i quickly ran out of that footage! Then realised the song was more about frustration and rage - something i could definitely relate to in RoF, so tried to take footage away from simple errors and more into frus/rage as the song progresses.

... I especially liked the “x Ray” effect that you closed the film out on. Neat! :D

Spent an afternoon finally reading the program's user manual (Da Vinci - Resolve) and tried experimenting with different layering modes. Amazing how many ways there are to mix a few pixels!

Shows about my level of skill as a fighter pilot...  That is why I keep telling Hunter, "Let me just fly the bombers!"...  At least I can blow things up :)

Cannon - US 103rd (aka Black Falcon)

Exactly, and an excellent pixel-disperser you are  :icon_e_biggrin:

Watching Hotlead's last fly-in stream as he capped the Tank Factory was real funny. Found myself cheering you on and was sure he'd run out of ammo crossing the mud. The chat was pretty funny too.

Btw, I've added a list of the online pilots featured in the video into the description on YouTube.

S!

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users