* * * * * 2 votes

Come Fly With Us! (A ROF Promo)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 January 2018 - 18:44

Salute all! I've been working on an unofficial promo video for Rise of Flight since last September. Today, it is finally done. Thanks to all who helped make it possible. I hope that your passion shines through in this effort. Enjoy!  :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#2 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 January 2018 - 18:56

That was excellent HL! Nice job!

#3 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 31 January 2018 - 19:09

WOW, fantastic Hotlead, I truly mean this when I say, I hope like hell 777 see's this and hires you to do the promo for FC,  And I hope this get's spread around for all flight sim pilots to see. You're the ambassador for rise of flight. :icon_e_salute:

#4 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 31 January 2018 - 20:06

Thoroughly enjoyed every second of this! Really excellent stuff!

4qqm3Za.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#5 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 31 January 2018 - 21:42

Great work, Hotlead! Captivating, emotional, exciting. Spot on.

#6 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 31 January 2018 - 21:46

Absolutely professional! I cannot think of a single theatrical trailer for any game that is as done as nicely as that. 

I noticed that 777 gives out awards, this should get top honors. A great promotional video that doesn't just promote the game per se, but the community that enjoys it.   :icon_e_salute:

comic3_signature2018.png

#7 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 31 January 2018 - 22:08

Absolutely professional! 

This.

Well done Hotlead. :icon_e_salute:

#8 US103_Hobbs

US103_Hobbs

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:27

Sweet!  Nice Work!

#9 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:59

Superb result from what must have been a huge effort Hotlead.

Absolutely nails the RoF MP experience.
S!

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

#10 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:56

Excellent HL, really captures what RoF is all about for me.

Loved it!

sig.png

#11 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 01 February 2018 - 13:54

There is only one small knock on it, I was not featured in it. It's ok, he may have been intimidated assuming I would demand a large compensation for my appearance.  :icon_lol:

comic3_signature2018.png

#12 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 01 February 2018 - 14:34

Very Nice indeed HL  :icon_e_salute:

Sorry About That                                                           

#13 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 01 February 2018 - 16:19

My favorite part is the SPADs shooting down the bosche! ;) I thought the interviews were all great, well done bud!

#14 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 February 2018 - 16:49

Thanks so much guys! I'm stoked you all enjoyed it! :D 

There is only one small knock on it, I was not featured in it. It's ok, he may have been intimidated assuming I would demand a large compensation for my appearance.  :icon_lol:

Lol! You got me. I'm cheap.  :icon_e_wink:  :icon_lol:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#15 FLIK60J

FLIK60J
  • LocationSomewhere 3000 m above the ground – or near Vienna.

Posted 01 February 2018 - 17:07

Fantastic! Marvellous video! You really let your passion shine through. Very, very intriguing! I might even dare to give the MP a chance, because your video represents that in a very friendly and challenging way (as opposed to the bickering in other threads). And you even had an Austrian ace in it. How could I not like it?

Thank you!

#16 sturtz

sturtz
  • LocationOklahoma. United States

Posted 01 February 2018 - 17:16

This is the kind of work that will help bring combat flight sims guys back to the joysticks and rudder pedals.

In a way it reminds me of the flight video "One Six Right". Folks that love flying and express those feelings.

Even if you've never been into flight sims , especially WWI programs. Your promo video is surely gonna inspire new pilots .

Snappy Salute HotLead  !

Sturtz

#17 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 February 2018 - 19:37

Hey Hotlead

You did a brilliant job

Congratulations to everyone 

Thank you!

#18 J2_drookasi

J2_drookasi

Posted 01 February 2018 - 20:52

Wonderful work Hotlead. Every single word heard there reflects my feelings. Bravo!

J2_Drookasi

Staffelfuhrer Jasta 2 'Boelcke'

mXZpW8i.jpg?1

#19 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:06

I actually posted it on another gaming website to promote the game and community. 

comic3_signature2018.png

#20 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 04 February 2018 - 18:36

Very well done HL...  I was impressed.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#21 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich
  • LocationNorway / Finland

Posted 05 February 2018 - 15:06

Stumbled across the video by accident.  Logged in here to find out who was responsible and post my admiration. The cinematography and composition was excellent and it was very professionally put together. The interview style with the pilots gave a genuine sense of community and their inspiring words, set against beautiful video footage, send tingles down the spine.

A superlative video.

Well done!

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#22 sturtz

sturtz
  • LocationOklahoma. United States

Posted 06 February 2018 - 14:52

JG1_HotLead

I shared your project vid with a few veteran flight sim buddies of mine. I'm already getting texts on how to do this or that and which planes to buy first. LOL  I'm still learning after only a month in this sim so I directed them here and to the FB page.

Main point is this. A few of these guys have already tried ROF back in the day they told me. But it's sparked a new interest for them. 

I figure it like this. The WWII ,,jet age and other online sims are great. But getting back to the roots of combat flying in a wood and canvas crate seems to bring out the true nature of why we all love flight simulators in the first place. Also mentioned to me besides the tactics and squadron based play were the guys you recorded describing their passion for ROF and the old kites.  Big salute to them as well. 

Or maybe my old online buds just want to come find me and shoot at me for all the times I've killed them in my FW190.  :) LOL

Sturtz

#23 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 February 2018 - 15:07

Thanks for the kind words guys! I’m really touched!

JG1_HotLead

I shared your project vid with a few veteran flight sim buddies of mine. I'm already getting texts on how to do this or that and which planes to buy first. LOL I'm still learning after only a month in this sim so I directed them here and to the FB page.
Main point is this. A few of these guys have already tried ROF back in the day they told me. But it's sparked a new interest for them.
I figure it like this. The WWII ,,jet age and other online sims are great. But getting back to the roots of combat flying in a wood and canvas crate seems to bring out the true nature of why we all love flight simulators in the first place. Also mentioned to me besides the tactics and squadron based play were the guys you recorded describing their passion for ROF and the old kites. Big salute to them as well.
Or maybe my old online buds just want to come find me and shoot at me for all the times I've killed them in my FW190. :) LOL

That is so awesome, Sturtz! If you’d like, you could give them a link to the article in my signature. It’s a beginner’s guide to the game that covers everything from what each menu does to how to buy planes. Maybe it will be useful! :)

Also, I agree that the back-to-the-basics dogfighting is very special. To me, it is just the right mix of adrenaline, adventure, romanticism, and pace.

xAKPpvf.jpg

#24 BaronVonMyakin

BaronVonMyakin

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:13

Cooooool!  ^_^

Thanks a lot for this great video, mate!

#25 J5_Darrell

J5_Darrell

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:01

Loved the video!  It was great work. I also posted it on my Facebook page.

#26 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 May 2018 - 18:02

Cooooool!  ^_^

Thanks a lot for this great video, mate!

Loved the video!  It was great work. I also posted it on my Facebook page.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was really fun to create! :D

xAKPpvf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users