Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Getting Scrappy Over Cappy

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:46

Hey all! Just thought I'd share this quick video, I've just got myself FRAPS and needed an excuse to use it, heh...

The initial fight broke out between RodGT and myself over Cappy airfield...as we spiralled down more another Camel flown by Spad61 jumped in...luckily, at the same time, AngryGoat showed up in his Dr.1, evening the odds...shortly after, Seymour Pussie in an Albatros D3 got involved in the mix, at which point I spun down to evade the two Camels that had both latched on to my tail good and proper. However, a split second before I throw the Alby into a spin Spad61 collides with Rod...Spad61's wings sheared off and Rod was wounded.

I didn't manage to really catch much of the tail-end of the fight, but it looks like Seymour latched on to Rod's tail just after the collision and they both spiralled down to the deck before Rod suffered another collision, this time with Seymour in the Alby.

I was especially paranoid during this fight because the US 103 boys were out and about looking for trouble :icon_lol: 

A big S! To Rod, who managed to hold out for 4 minutes despite being outnumbered for the majority of the fight, and another S! to the other pilots involved
:icon_e_salute: 

4qqm3Za.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#2 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:07

Thanks for the video to the story that you told today on TS! BTW I didn’t know that you didn’t have TrackiR

#3 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:19

Thanks for the video to the story that you told today on TS! BTW I didn’t know that you didn’t have TrackiR

Cheers, I'm just about to stick the video up on the J2 forums :)

I do, in fact, have TrackIR, I'm just a bit crap at using it!

#4 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:03

Oh! Sorry! The view movements looked to me like joystick hat operated ones. My bad!

#5 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 29 January 2018 - 13:38

Oh! Sorry! The view movements looked to me like joystick hat operated ones. My bad!

I used to fly with a Hat-View until just after Christmas and I more-or-less emulate the same kind of movements / scanning patterns I would use with it. It's pretty interesting that it still shows now that I've got TrackIr! 

#6 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 January 2018 - 21:16

Great video!

So you think 1440p is bad quality? Right...

S!

Stumble.

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#7 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 January 2018 - 21:50

I used to fly with a Hat-View until just after Christmas and I more-or-less emulate the same kind of movements / scanning patterns I would use with it. It's pretty interesting that it still shows now that I've got TrackIr!

Hmm interesting. I wonder... how do you have your TiR profile set? I use default with some adjustments here and there. We can talk later on TS as I’d be curious about your setup.

#8 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 30 January 2018 - 21:52

Great video!

So you think 1440p is bad quality? Right...

S!

Stumble.

Haha, it turns out that the video had uploaded HD, but decided to only let me select 360p! Oh well - I'm not complaining ;)

#9 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 January 2018 - 22:59

Nice video!

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#10 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:32

Haha, it turns out that the video had uploaded HD, but decided to only let me select 360p! Oh well - I'm not complaining ;)

Haha,

You must have quite the machine to be able to record at 1440p with a good FPS.

S!

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#11 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:23

Cheers, Hotlead! I was actually thinking of one of your moments from your livestreams (I think it was one of the Jg1 / US 103 flyins) when I decided to spin down and leg it  :P 

Stumble, I was pleasantly surprised that the video turned out so good, haha! When I first uploaded it it was choppy and SD, so lucky me! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users