Photo
- - - - -

Warthog HOTAS doesnt seem to give full throttle deflection

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fraggles

Fraggles

Posted 25 January 2018 - 17:47

It has been a LONG time since ive played ROF and back when I p;layed it a lot I was using the Saitek throttle quadrants. I recently started again and now I have the HOTAS Warthog.

It always seems my plane is on the edge of stalling. I checked my curves and there is full 100 percent deflection on a linear curve as I have always setup before.

Am I missing something or are these fighters just that slow...I have been doing IL2 and DCS for awhile now . For example, on takeoff my Np 17 max RPM is around 1100 or 1150 depending on mixture. Is that correct?

Also the Spad on takeoff only reaches around 1600 RPM. I felt like it should be higher than that? 

Or, is this actually correct?

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 25 January 2018 - 19:02

Welcome back to WW1!

Are you a J2 fellow? If so, sorry I don't remember your name. Do show up in the J2 forum!

S!

#3 Fraggles

Fraggles

Posted 25 January 2018 - 19:11

I actually founded J2 back with Von Kost in 2009 :) It has been a long time since I have been back on but I hope to fly with you guys soon!! I recruited drookasi  :)

Check out this topic and my post is about halfway down when I originally started the squad.

https://riseofflight...dec-25th/page-1

#4 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 25 January 2018 - 20:15

Wow, this is Jasta 2 archaeology!  :icon_e_biggrin:

I am pretty sure Drookasi will be very happy to welcome you home again, as surely all members will welcome you warm-heartedly, the Jasta's spirit being very friendly as I suppose it has always been.

So do rejoin, I surely hope to fly with you soon! We are regulars on FIF and Syndicate, and there is a relevant probability of finding at least a couple of us logged in during the week. There are more GMT~ players, but the Americas are also well represented.

C ya soon!

#5 Fraggles

Fraggles

Posted 25 January 2018 - 20:26

I look forward to flying with you guys again!! I just need to get this throttle situation worked out. I don't know if its broken or not. After flying fast planes for so long perhaps these planes do fly at these lower RPMs.

Could you do me a favor? Could you takeoff in a Np. 17 and check the RPM's at full throttle and let me know what they are? I need to know if mine are the same. I would greatly appreciate that! Mine hover around 1100 RPM at full throttle which "may" be right but I don't know. 

#6 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 25 January 2018 - 20:27

Concerning your specific doubts, "Welcome back to WW1" was actually an answer.  ;)

I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but those seem ok for me.

#7 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 25 January 2018 - 20:27

Let me check for sure.

#8 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 25 January 2018 - 20:33

Nope, goes up to 1230, roughly.

#9 Fraggles

Fraggles

Posted 25 January 2018 - 20:51

hmm let me check mine and see how far mine goes up. I could be closer to 1200 but I need to check. Thanks for looking. I will test it out tonight and see what I get.

#10 J2_drookasi

J2_drookasi

Posted 25 January 2018 - 22:25

Looks like a ghost has returned from the dead! I'd be happy to see you in our forum Nigel.

http://forum.jasta2.org/index.php

J2_Drookasi

Staffelfuhrer Jasta 2 'Boelcke'

mXZpW8i.jpg?1

#11 Fraggles

Fraggles

Posted 25 January 2018 - 22:30

Looks like a ghost has returned from the dead! I'd be happy to see you in our forum Nigel.

http://forum.jasta2.org/index.php

Sure thing my friend! I will sign up in there as soon as I can! Looking forward to taking to the skies again with the best squad out there! 

#12 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 25 January 2018 - 23:21

I can confirm this statement! Welcome Back!

S! Hunter AKA (J2_Vonkost)

I actually founded J2 back with Von Kost in 2009 :) It has been a long time since I have been back on but I hope to fly with you guys soon!! I recruited drookasi  :)

Check out this topic and my post is about halfway down when I originally started the squad.

https://riseofflight...dec-25th/page-1

#13 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 26 January 2018 - 00:58

J2 person, if your WH joystick and throttle are working for IL-2 and DCS, then I'd bet almost certainly they are working for RoF.  Supersonic jets tend to make WW1 planes seem slow.  If you hit CTRL I, you can get some mini-icons which will show a relative throttle position, and if the throttle and mixture goes to the top, and the bottom, then you are good.

#14 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 26 January 2018 - 17:03

Welcome back, J2_Nigelmcelwee! I don't believe we've had the pleasure yet. I'm your newest recruit  ;)

4qqm3Za.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#15 Fraggles

Fraggles

Posted 31 January 2018 - 17:48

Welcome back, J2_Nigelmcelwee! I don't believe we've had the pleasure yet. I'm your newest recruit  ;)

Thank you! Its great to be back :) I did get my throttle issue worked out. It was not an issue at all. I am just not used to the low RPM's of the early fighters compared to the WW2 birds!

#16 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:53

Thank you! Its great to be back :) I did get my throttle issue worked out. It was not an issue at all. I am just not used to the low RPM's of the early fighters compared to the WW2 birds!

Yep. They have got a very low thrust-to-weight ratio compared to WWll kites and so there is very little excess thrust to play with. Energy depletes very rapidly if you are not careful.

Cheers.

#17 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 February 2018 - 18:48

Hi I have the same joystick

you have to unscrew the two Allen screws and invert the red block

:icon_e_salute:

#18 Fraggles

Fraggles

Posted 02 February 2018 - 19:27

I actually got it to work without that. I thought that might have been it but I was able to get full throw without inverting the block. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users