Photo
- - - - -

NeoQb, have a look at how OFF has done it...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JG19_Leaf

JG19_Leaf

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:06

Yes, have a look at OFF (ducks under a hale of insults)
I've got both Over Flanders Fields Phase 3 and Rise of Flight, and the have both got their weaknesses,so here I've listed Rise of Flight's pros and cons in short:

Pros Of 'RoF':
-Incredible graphics
-the best damage model I've ever seen
-weather is very realistic
-shadows and reflections are excellent
-the best physics I've ever seen
-very nice presentation
-beautiful cockpits
-lovely sounds
-regular juicy updates

Cons in RoF:
-Online play could be greatly improved
-the landscape is too uniform HAVE A LOOK AT 'OFF'! THEY HAVE DONE IT RIGHT! (For example:
there are fields; different types of ground, trees and soil, it's not all grass; their
frontline is excellent, not just a patch of mud, but they are some woods with trenches in
them, the frontline is alive with tanks and infantry)
-the player is the only one in the sky, in OFF there are whole squadrons of about 30 planes!
-there are fixed 'AA' implacements
-some oddities, for example I have never played a mission with rain in it, and I have had this
game for a while now
-Why are there no cloudy days? It's either brilliant sunshine or rain, how about fog? Or
thunder?
-Campaign missions ARE BORING! It's just one mission after another, little clips like in the
tutorials would be nice, to give some squadron atmosphere and perhaps special missions? The
C.O. could give you a risky mission to accomplish?

These are only a few things, I could not list all of them.
And this is only my oppinion, so please no salvoes of insults.

P.s. NEOQB, IF YOU DO NOT READ THIS CAREFULLY THEN…. :)

#2 Executioner

Executioner

Posted 06 December 2009 - 14:59

Full agree on that one.

Especially the fact that you're nearly all the time alone in the sky makes it less exciting.

Have a look at Red Baron II: If you chose to let your squadron mates down and scan the skies on your own, you'd have a big chance of meeting enemy fighters/bombers doing their own missions.

That is highly realistic and very enjoyable! Something which I'm missing now…

#3 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 06 December 2009 - 18:18

Yes, have a look at OFF (ducks under a hale of insults)
I've got both Over Flanders Fields Phase 3 and Rise of Flight, and the have both got their weaknesses,so here I've listed Rise of Flight's pros and cons in short:

Pros Of 'RoF':
-Incredible graphics
-the best damage model I've ever seen
-weather is very realistic
-shadows and reflections are excellent
-the best physics I've ever seen
-very nice presentation
-beautiful cockpits
-lovely sounds
-regular juicy updates

Cons in RoF:
-Online play could be greatly improved
-the landscape is too uniform HAVE A LOOK AT 'OFF'! THEY HAVE DONE IT RIGHT! (For example:
there are fields; different types of ground, trees and soil, it's not all grass; their
frontline is excellent, not just a patch of mud, but they are some woods with trenches in
them, the frontline is alive with tanks and infantry)
-the player is the only one in the sky, in OFF there are whole squadrons of about 30 planes!
-there are fixed 'AA' implacements
-some oddities, for example I have never played a mission with rain in it, and I have had this
game for a while now
-Why are there no cloudy days? It's either brilliant sunshine or rain, how about fog? Or
thunder?
-Campaign missions ARE BORING! It's just one mission after another, little clips like in the
tutorials would be nice, to give some squadron atmosphere and perhaps special missions? The
C.O. could give you a risky mission to accomplish?

These are only a few things, I could not list all of them.
And this is only my oppinion, so please no salvoes of insults.

P.s. NEOQB, IF YOU DO NOT READ THIS CAREFULLY THEN…. :)

Thanks!
working on that… ;)

#4 JG19_Leaf

JG19_Leaf

Posted 06 December 2009 - 20:25

Fantastic,take your time, I at least can wait, as long as I know you are working on it. :)
P.s. Since the newest update, this game is in a league of its own!

#5 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 06 December 2009 - 21:21

Thanks!
working on that…

I was sure they'll do it…!!! :P
But i'm so happy to read those few words :lol:
My only wish is to suppr my signature wishes ! :D
Regards

#6 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 07 December 2009 - 19:50

I have both OFF BHAH and ROF.

I now fly 99% of the time in ROF the sound and planes are just so real OFF will never ever be as good as ROF planes, but ROF will be overall better than OFF given time yes there is still a long way to go for ROF but at the rate the updates are coming look out OFF.

But then there is room for all the WW1 sims so good of you OFF for the team have produced one hell of a good sim on the back of the old CFS3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users