Buyed at Amazon used Iron Cross Edition the Key dont works

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:59

Hello,
i ordered at amazon a used Boxed Iron cross edition, now i tryed to used the Key but it shows me invalid key, what can i do?
Thx

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 January 2018 - 19:59

As noted in your other thread, the former owner of the copy you bought probably already activated and used the code, thus rendering it useless to you.  Unless you can get him to transfer his RoF account (e-mail and password) to you, your best bet is to chalk it up to lessons learned (no point in trying to buy used software these days) and just D/L the latest Free-2-Play version from the RoF website and buy whatever planes/content you want from the RoF store (they have sales fairly often that make things dirt cheap).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#3 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:01

but it was the boxed version, if you buy a boxed version of windows, its never a problem to get a new key...why not here? its not professional..only the dollar signs inside the eyes of the software producers....not very customer friendly

#4 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 21 January 2018 - 17:05

This has nothing to do with greedy software producers.  This has to do with some chump who bought a used, and obsolete, copy of software without any understanding of how that software was licensced for use.  This isn't 1985 anymore.  You aren't trading 5.4" Floppy disks with your friends in math class.  Don't complain about the developers, because it is completely your fault.

#5 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 21 January 2018 - 17:56

Sorry yes you have been screwed over by an third party selling you what amounts to an empty box. The good things inside already having been consumed.

And check your private messages as Hot Lead suggested in your other thread, if you have not done so already, as I suspect another players been rather generous to you, could be wrong though.

#6 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 21 January 2018 - 18:49

This has nothing to do with greedy software producers.  This has to do with some chump who bought a used, and obsolete, copy of software without any understanding of how that software was licensced for use.  This isn't 1985 anymore.  You aren't trading 5.4" Floppy disks with your friends in math class.  Don't complain about the developers, because it is completely your fault.

sorry if i buy a IL2 forgotten battles second hand game i can play it easily, why not here? its your case, if i buy a boxed game, i wanna play it like a boxed game, i play computer games since atari 2600 ;) and i like classical boxed games, perhaps thats why only a few buyed the game or play it for free..it works for decades boxed games, and you have a full game...but this way i think it is not very custumer friendly

#7 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 21 January 2018 - 21:09

Hello,
i ordered at amazon a used Boxed Iron cross edition, now i tryed to used the Key but it shows me invalid key, what can i do?
Thx

Have you tried contacting the seller and explaining that without his login credentials, the software is useless?

#8 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 21 January 2018 - 22:07

sorry if i buy a IL2 forgotten battles second hand game i can play it easily, why not here? its your case, if i buy a boxed game, i wanna play it like a boxed game, i play computer games since atari 2600 ;) and i like classical boxed games, perhaps thats why only a few buyed the game or play it for free..it works for decades boxed games, and you have a full game...but this way i think it is not very custumer friendly

Yeah, as I said before, your misunderstanding of how the software was licensed is your own fault.  Forgotten Battles (from 2003) only required the physical disk, right?.  RoF isn't like that, and to my knowledge, never has been.  Digital Rights Management has changed a lot in the last two decades

#9 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 21 January 2018 - 22:09

Have you tried contacting the seller and explaining that without his login credentials, the software is useless?

yes i did it yesterday at amazon, but no response...and i contactet the costumer service...

#10 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 21 January 2018 - 22:13

Yeah, as I said before, your misunderstanding of how the software was licensed is your own fault.  Forgotten Battles (from 2003) only required the physical disk, right?.  RoF isn't like that, and to my knowledge, never has been.

ok then they  cant sell boxted games ever, because its normale that people re-sell items, the software producer must look that every owner of the boxed game have the same right :) i think classical and if iam a customer, its my right, if you buy a used windows 7 dvd you can always install the programm, then you call the costumer service and you get a new key, where is the problem? and the boxxted game never inform the customer that only one costumer can use the game..thats a rip off from the software firm aerosoft and 777
and what kind of businees is that that costumer must search informations if it works or not, that is ridiculous...

#11 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:04

if you buy a used windows 7 dvd you can always install the programm

Not at all. I can sell my Windows 7 CD and keep using the key and whoever buys it won't be able to authenticate the install because I'm already using it. I would have to uninstall my copy and give the key to the buyer.

You probably just bought the memorabilia that came in the box and the key was not even part of the bargain.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#12 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:55

Not at all. I can sell my Windows 7 CD and keep using the key and whoever buys it won't be able to authenticate the install because I'm already using it. I would have to uninstall my copy and give the key to the buyer.

You probably just bought the memorabilia that came in the box and the key was not even part of the bargain.

i can call at the windows service center you get a new key belive me, i bought an old windows xp and windows 7 used...but ok..if you think that policiy is ok, i think its not, a boxxed game should always be 100% playable without stress

#13 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:15

You are presuming the DVD contained a complete boxed game.

It never did, it only ever contained the install files. It wasn't delivered like old games were.

Akin to Steam. Try and sell a game you own on Steam.

Once it's linked to your RoF account it is there forever.

Install the game, create a user account then activate the product licence against your user account.

Once that is done you can not release the licence to sell. it is forever locked to that account.

Actually the disk you have just enables a couple of planes in your account. 

That is what you have lost in this deal.

You can still use the f2p and the 2 free planes to start and build up 

There is no such thing as a second hand copy of RoF. The seller should not have sold you the used DVD, because if it is "used" it is no longer valid.

You are not the first to buy  "used" copy of a disk only to find it unusable.

It has always been that way

#14 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:17

Used boxed version of RoF is a collectible, not a game licence. You'd need to buy prevois owners game account, same way as in massive multiplayer RPGs.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#15 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 22 January 2018 - 20:38

ok...the customer suport send me a bad message, i must acceptet that way...

#16 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 23 January 2018 - 13:02

ok now it works, but what should i else do? because the mod dont works

#17 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 23 January 2018 - 14:41

The Mods packages have to be purchased the same as Planes do.

Go to the RoF Shop and you'll see what you have and haven't got.

I'd prioritise finding your Radiator Controls before worrying about the Mods ;)

Regarding the Mods I expect you'll find most experienced pilots are very selective about which they use, instruments add weight and affect performance.

:icon_e_salute:

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#18 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 23 January 2018 - 17:47

@all thx for the suport

#19 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 23 January 2018 - 22:43

Welcome to the game!

#20 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:42

the mod means the campaign mod, its a nice feature, more realistic pat wilson campaihn mod

#21 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:09

Try version 3.1
http://www.pwcampaig...PWCGRoF 3.1.zip

And make sure you move interface.gfx from ..\Rise of Flight\data\ to ..\Rise of Flight\data\swf

​Once that is in place you should be abe to launch PWCG from the gme if you have the game set to "Mods On"

#22 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:20

Try version 3.1
http://www.pwcampaig...PWCGRoF 3.1.zip

And make sure you move interface.gfx from ..\Rise of Flight\data\ to ..\Rise of Flight\data\swf

​Once that is in place you should be abe to launch PWCG from the gme if you have the game set to "Mods On"

i found data swf, but interface.gfx i dont found

#23 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:28

If you unzipped 3.1 to your Rise of Flight folder. It would have placed interface.gfx in rise of flight\data folder
It should be moved from there to ..rise of flight\data\swf

interface.gfx is packaged in the wrong folder in the zip file.

#24 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 24 January 2018 - 23:04

Attached File  sfdf.jpg   73.94KB   0 downloads

error

#25 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 24 January 2018 - 23:05

WCG Error
Wed Jan 24 23:59:49 CET 2018
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported control type: Master Gain
at com.sun.media.sound.AbstractLine.getControl(Unknown Source)
at pwcg.gui.sound.SoundPlayer.changeVolume(SoundPlayer.java:97)
at pwcg.gui.sound.SoundManager.playNewSong(SoundManager.java:128)
at pwcg.gui.sound.SoundManager.transitionToNewSong(SoundManager.java:110)
at pwcg.gui.sound.SoundManager.run(SoundManager.java:79)
Directory being copied is E:\spiele\rof\Rise of Flight2\PWCGCampaign\..\data

Directory being copied is E:\spiele\rof\Rise of Flight2\PWCGCampaign\Campaigns\Markus von Hebertshausen

#26 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 25 January 2018 - 17:35

good news, amazon gives me a refund and second, i bought channel battles for 8 euros 

https://www.aerosoft...battles-edition

#27 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 January 2018 - 17:57

Does it need to be activated on Steam.

There are issues once you buy a steam package.

You either stay with steam and buy there DLC for RoF via Steam.

Or you stay with the webstore.

Once you go to steam you are stuck there, with no option to buy individual aircraft.

#28 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 26 January 2018 - 00:34

its a programm with dvd, and i choose normal pay on the store its easier...and no, its a boxed version, i installed normal and the activated the key

#29 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:41

can anyone tell me If purchased RoF-ICE Keys (unused) ever expire?  I purchased some keys during a sale way back and these have never been activated nor touched.  I'd like to help Herby out and give him a key if it's useable.

Vitae elit Brevior

#30 v.Hebertshausen

v.Hebertshausen
  • LocationMunich

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:28

O_Rod thank you, i get the amazon money back, and i buyed the channel edition game for 8 euros, and one good mate from the forum helped me with some planes----thank you for your suport @all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users