- - - - -

Sidewinder FF 2, Rudder reversed, assigned buttons not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DanF

DanF

Posted 11 January 2018 - 00:49

Hi all

I got a Sidewinder 2 today and I've been having a fair bit of trouble. First problem I encountered was rudder being reversed which I inverted in the responses tab. I made a profile I was happy with, but whenever I load it up, the rudder is reversed. I go in to responses, check the inverted box, and that fixes... but now my machine guns don't work. They're assigned correctly and aren't conflicting with anything else, they just don't work.

I want the hat on the joystick to control the pilot's head. At first it was conflicting with zoom. So I change it all in settings, start flying... and it's still trying to zoom. 

The whole time I'm messing around with all this, every so often the force feedback will decide to start 'pulsing' in a really odd way. At first I thought I'd damaged my plane but no, it's just some sort of glitch.

I've spend several hours trying to fix all this. The game just seems to forget, or ignore what I've assigned and at no point have I had just everything assigned at once correctly.

Does anyone have a profile for this joystick they could send me? I bought this joystick specifically because everyone said how great it is and it does seem really good when I have it half working.

Thanks

#2 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:19

I have the same stick and i can share my control settings when i am back from my holidays...

yedwwtfx.gif

#3 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 11 January 2018 - 13:55

But now my machine guns don't work. They're assigned correctly and aren't conflicting with anything else, they just don't work.

Sorry should this be amounting to teaching to suck eggs. But is that occurring when you have the engine on? As those planes that have their machine guns firing through the propeller using an interrupter gear can only be fired when the engine is on and propeller turning round. Sitting on ground without the engine on its the norm for the guns to not fire.

#4 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 11 January 2018 - 19:16

Are you remembering to click on the 'apply' tab every time that you make a change and before exiting the 'controls' or 'responses' page? If you don't it will just revert to your previous setting.

#5 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:45

The pulsating can be fixed by tab left alt. sends you back to the desktop. just click back into the game. Seems to happen every so often, not too much though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users