Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Highlights from US 103rd and JG1 Flyin on Thursday Evenings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paullmf2

paullmf2

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:35

Thought it might be useful to have a Video thread to post highlights from the Thursday night flyins.

The recent Jan4 (jan5th for some of us) Winter Cappy map made for some intense battles with multiple engagements going on up and down the lines.

This video captures JG1_Hotleads lone fight against 2 SE5a's, but you also get a glimpse of many other fights going on and an impressive shot of 4 or 5 SPADS attacking in formation. Had to be the US103rd guys!

:icon_e_salute:

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#2 J2_Wulfe

J2_Wulfe

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:00

Brilliant! I was stuck on the deck below this fur ball in a tripe, desperately trying to climb up to get a piece of the action  :( 

Nice to see some footage of what was going on up there though! S  :icon_e_salute:

4WPquDr.png

#3 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 06 January 2018 - 18:03

Nice video Paul!

103rd%20forum%20sig.jpg

#4 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:36

Great video Paul! Yeah...y'all got me good!  :icon_lol:  :icon_mad:  :icon_e_deadman:

My first mistake was to pursue that Se5a alone over enemy lines...right after I saw the US103rd's splendidly horrifying formation fly into battle behind me. :icon_eek:  By the time you and Angel were on me, I was a dead man. I tried spinning out to lose some altitude and ditch, but I pulled out too soon. Also, you had a great shot on my engine - excellent marksmanship there!

Salute!  :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#5 paullmf2

paullmf2

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:28

Thanks guys :icon_e_salute:

Here's a few short videos from Jan11/12 session on Cubans Syndicate Server.

Not meaning to spam videos, just enjoying messing around with DaVinci Resolve and RoF.

SE5a: Three Bounces and A Funeral
1. The Good
2. The Bad
3. The Ugly

My headtracking was glitching but that's no excuse no excuse for the woeful gunnery. It just got worse as the session went on. The last video was, well, "defeat snatched from the jaws of victory".

S! to all pilots involved.
Playlist of the 3 - https://www.youtube....XXFHIzg9rmM6N4h

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users