Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X Issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 05 January 2018 - 22:25

So, I purchased a stick to play.

I am having some issues. When I take-off the plane turns hard left as if the rudder is turned hard during taking- off. I looked and all the flaps are normal. 

I Downloaded a driver and I attempted to calibrate the stick, However, when I go there, there is no way to calibrate it. The option to calibrate actually doesn't come up. I watched a youtube video and a guy used (shift+ctrl and then press properties), but nothing happens. I have also read that you do not have to calibrate a stick. it does it automatically.

Along with the take- off the flight is also very different experience than with the mouse. In the game on SP it isn't so bad, but it was really bad in multiplayer. When I used the mouse I did not have this issue at all. I think the issues are all connected, but I am not sure. I looked on the net for a solution, but I cannot find anything except what I stated above. 

Help would be appreciated. 

comic3_signature2018.png

#2 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 05 January 2018 - 22:57

If you look back and the rudder is centered, and your ailerons look like they are neutral, then you are simply experiencing engine torque.  These planes don't fly straight when you are hands-off.

That said, there is always a Calibration routine to be found somewhere.  Go into windows Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers, and then right click on your device.  You probably will see a Properies tab that will allow you to Calibrate.

#3 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:10

Thanks for the quick response! 

When I first watched this video, I didn't realize he stated about applying some rudder, but now I caught it. 

As I mentioned above, I did find the hardware on the computer in the directory you indicated in your response. However, there is no way to "calibrate it." It simply shows two graphs. I can move the "+" sign around with the stick and by twisting I can move the other "+" sign from side to side (rudder control). Oddly enough the "thruster" level on the controller moves the same "+" sign up and down, but in game, it does not have any function as far as I can tell. I cam guess that since the "+'s" move in sync with my movements then it is showing me it is calibrated, but I wouldn't know what it would look like if it wasn't calibrated. 

comic3_signature2018.png

#4 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:22

In Windows 7, you right click your displayed Joystick and select 'Game Controller Settings', then select 'Properties'.

It's a bit fiddly.

Of course it'll probably be slightly different if you have Win10..

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#5 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:03

I did find the hardware on the computer in the directory you indicated in your response. However, there is no way to "calibrate it." It simply shows two graphs. I can move the "+" sign around with the stick and by twisting I can move the other "+" sign from side to side (rudder control). Oddly enough the "thruster" level on the controller moves the same "+" sign up and down, but in game, it does not have any function as far as I can tell. I cam guess that since the "+'s" move in sync with my movements then it is showing me it is calibrated, but I wouldn't know what it would look like if it wasn't calibrated. 

Moving the stick axes throughout their full range is what has the effect of calibrating the controller, because then the computer knows the centre and end points.

With that done, you can start the game and assign functions to the different sliders and buttons on your controller.

#6 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 06 January 2018 - 13:19

In Windows 7, you right click your displayed Joystick and select 'Game Controller Settings', then select 'Properties'.

It's a bit fiddly.

Of course it'll probably be slightly different if you have Win10..

This is what I get when I click on properties. 

Click for image

Thanks for the response!

Moving the stick axes throughout their full range is what has the effect of calibrating the controller, because then the computer knows the centre and end points.

With that done, you can start the game and assign functions to the different sliders and buttons on your controller.

As you can see above, everything is centered. 

Thanks for your help! 

comic3_signature2018.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users