Photo
- - - - -

Licence key problem...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 YuriPRIME

YuriPRIME

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:47

Hello, I have recently bought a licence for Channel Battles on Steam. Activated the key on my RoF account. (It says it's Activated) I try to log in via Steam, give all the right email and password, the key is activated, yet I cannot log in and play, since I get a message "#5: Licence key not activated."

I wrote the tech support with this issue, left a ticket where I explained my problem and provided screenshot to boot... but so far had no response from the team.

What should I do and who should I contact then?

#2 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:15

Hopefully you'll get a response to your ticket..

But to the best of my knowlege, RoF (direct) and Steam aren't cross-compatible regarding purchases.

If you bought the licence key 2nd hand you may have a problem.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#3 YuriPRIME

YuriPRIME

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:42

I bought the Steam key through steam, and coppied it as instructed from Steam library. There is such instruction on RoF's steam profile, how exactly to register all the keys, did exactly that. It's not 2nd hand key, I don't shop on G2A or any sites of such sort. As for key activation, it allowed me to activate the key online just fine. Says "Key activated" in my personal profile... yet, I can't log in...

#4 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 January 2018 - 14:38

When you log into the RoF site, check under your profile for what DLC licences are against your account.

sig.png

#5 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 04 January 2018 - 16:49

Should not need any licence keys to first get into the game on steam. Just to refresh ones memory about the process and see how steam users have to go about creating an account and such I wiped my installation (backups of course) and went through reinstalling and creating an new account. I did not need to enter any licence keys to get start logging into the game, just created the account and activated from the email received, could then log in online mode and see the free content. Hot Lead's guide says nothing about needing to do so to start getting into the game either. So seems strange and makes me wonder whether it's some muck up to do with users having an steam DLC activated before your first login or something?

Hopefully they end up sorting it, how long ago did you contact them? Maybe provide your proof of purchase for that DLC to them also.

#6 YuriPRIME

YuriPRIME

Posted 04 January 2018 - 20:27

Ok, here it is how it went. I decided to play the game, cause I'm into flight sims. I have noticed Rise of Flight was on steam...

So I downloaded the game via Steam.

Launched the game via Steam. Was asked to create an account...

(Haven't bought a Channel Battles licence yet!)

Then I tried to create an account with the email I use for my Steam...

It appeared that email was already registered. I must have created an account some time ago on that email...

So... I used that account to log in.

I sense there might be some odd net design here, where RoF accounts created before steam launch, don't work with Steam for some reason? Which is jarring, given as a user I wasn't prompted with an error message saying: "We're sorry, but this account is not bound to your Steam account, you must create a new one with a new email..." no, instead it said: "#5: Licence key not activated." Alright, the message is clear, I need to activate a licence key. So I bough a licence, as prompted by the launcher. Went into my profile and activated the key which I bought from Steam: 

This is what it says on my Profile Licence keys tab:

Albatros D.Va purchase 208BF-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated

Albatros D.Va Aircraft Mod purchase 3ABAC-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated

Nieuport 17.C1 RUS purchase 29F6C-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated

Nieuport 17.C1 RUS Aircraft Mod purchase B571F-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated

Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition steam AX5VT-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated

SPAD 13.C1 purchase 43763-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated

SPAD 13.C1 Aircraft Mod purchase 4AA26-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

(Changed the numbers for obvious reasons)

Ever since I encountered this issue I tried to contact the support team, no luck so far... The Launcher ALSO states to, and I quote: 

"This game copy does not contain any stored e-mail and password.

1.If you have registered your game account before - type your email and password (which you have used while registering your game account) in the  center of the screen."

The launcher says, that If I already HAVE an account registered, I should just type all the email and passowrd and that's it... This is so confusing and needlessly convoluted, by the information given by launcher's UI and annotations, I'm doing all things correctly. And when I tried to log in (as prompted, with the accound I confirmed as registered for that email and password) I was warned that I need to activate a key... I thought those prompts are quite clear and straightforward. So what's wrong?

#7 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:53

I see think I understand you now.

I sense there might be some odd net design here, where RoF accounts created before steam launch, don't work with Steam for some reason?

Seems we created our accounts around the same time. That was after the launch on steam. And I've also done in essence the same as you (moved from non-steam to steam using my same account). So I'm guessing the above is not the case.

No, instead it said: "#5: Licence key not activated." Alright, the message is clear, I need to activate a licence key. So I bough a licence, as prompted by the launcher. Went into my profile and activated the key which I bought from Steam:

I'm guessing the error message was an red herring to be honest. The games free, so seeing that error, and thinking that one needs to activate an licence through making an purchase does to be honest not make sense to me, also there are the licence keys for the free content already shown as activated on your account in any case?

And so I'm guessing that it's just an unfortunate glitch that's occurred with your account, like some antiquated account setting from the old days created/unremoved when the Rise of Flight website was updated or when the game changed to the United Edition (have you ever played Ilya Muromets as accounts from that were moved across to here, and would explain the surprise at finding out you already had an Rise of Flight account when you decided to try the game).

So yeah await help desk to hopefully sort out, seems through an search that's what ended up resolving others that received this problem in the past.

Ever since I encountered this issue I tried to contact the support team, no luck so far...

Contacted them ever since when though? How long been waiting? I guess should the lack in communication be that bad then maybe annoying Jason Williams through an private message here (or dare I say more likely on Sturmovik forums) would get some movement on the issue. Though do not know whether doing so would be frowned upon. Maybe an forum post on the Other 1C Games Section on the Sturmovik forums?

#8 YuriPRIME

YuriPRIME

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:30

I thought it odd that I can't play the Free to Play game, but since I was inclined to buy the licence anyway, I didn't mind. I wanted to buy this game for a long time, and since I finally bought a proper TrackIR, had blast with it in DCS wanted to go back to something historical. I remembered Rise of Flight and wanted to purchase the game, wasn't aware the game went free to play in the mean time. In hindsight, I should have been more careful, but since I wanted to buy the game, support the devs and pay for it anyway, I thought: oh what the heck, game wants me to activate a licence, might as well do so. And thus, I followed the procedures as prompted.

Contacted them ever since when though? How long been waiting?

A week now, still no answer. And thank you for your time, I'll try to contact Jason and see if it helps.

#9 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:51

If you had an account before the Steam release, did you have the original game and plane purchases linked to that earlier account.

Now you have downloaded the Steam Version and bought a DLC.

I do believe there are issues with switching from the nonsteam version and Steam Version.

I did notice there is no licence in your list for the core game.

I'd have expected to see something like

ROF FREE2PLAY gift xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

sig.png

#10 YuriPRIME

YuriPRIME

Posted 05 January 2018 - 13:17

I tried to play RoF a long while ago, just to see if I my old PC could run it. I don't remember how it went, but I believe I downloaded the installer, made an account (registering with the email I also use for Steam). However, since my old PC was lacking in performance, I could not enjoy the game whatsoever. Few years passed, I got myself a proper PC, HOTAS and TrackIR, now I wanted to return to this game and give it a proper go, with all the hardware to fully enjoy it. 

I checked if it's available on Steam and to my joy, it was! Making things all the better, cause Steam accepts payments in my local currency, so it's a better deal then USD or Euro.

That sad, it's been years since I tried RoF and forgot most of my experiences with it. All I know, was that I could hardly run it on my old PC. 

The rest, using that registered account (email) to launch Steam version, you already know. I was happy to see my old account still registered, as I don't like to double and tripple emails to shuffle all my games. 

However, as you said, I don't have this licence:

#11 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 05 January 2018 - 13:41

If you had an account before the Steam release, did you have the original game and plane purchases linked to that earlier account.

Now you have downloaded the Steam Version and bought a DLC.

I do believe there are issues with switching from the nonsteam version and Steam Version.

I did notice there is no licence in your list for the core game.

I'd have expected to see something like

I do not have anything such as that either though Steve, just keys for each plane, each plane mod bundle, and each map. No core game licence key but never had an problem. And I'm thinking he originally started after the steam release, as his "member since" shows June 2014, just an month after mine, and judging from the announcements section and the date shown on steam release was sometime in 2013.

A week now, still no answer. And thank you for your time, I'll try to contact Jason and see if it helps.

Not to instruct you on how to suck eggs either, but ensure you are checking your spam folders, is not only emails to persuade you to purchase blue pills or fake date requests for some attractive young Asian, some legitimate emails that you might want to read/keep can get accidently chucked in there also.

#12 YuriPRIME

YuriPRIME

Posted 05 January 2018 - 13:57

I did checked Spam folder, and filtered ones, and notifications, and many others... still nothing.

#13 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 January 2018 - 14:14

I raised the question as Yuri's profile contains store bought licences and Steam DLC licences.

I do know there are issues moving to Steam with an older account.

I don't use the Steam Version, so am no expert.

But my son does have the Steam version and he has the Free2Play licence in his profile with a couple Steam DLC licences. Strange....

sig.png

#14 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 05 January 2018 - 14:58

I raised the question as Yuri's profile contains store bought licences and Steam DLC licences.
I do know there are issues moving to Steam with an older account.

I don't use the Steam Version, so am no expert.

But my son does have the Steam version and he has the Free2Play licence in his profile with a couple Steam DLC licences. Strange....

I saw something different than that when he showed them, I see only keys for the aircraft and mods that are included as free content (no store bought purchases there) and then the single steam licence that turns out he purchased after seeing this error in an attempt to resolve the problem. Though granted yes that later purchase might have as much use on that account as an chocolate teapot. Though also on that from what I have read in Hot Lead Cold Feets guide "once you activate a DLC bought from steam, you cannot activate planes bought through Rise of Flight store, and vice versa" and seeing as that single steam licence is the sole purchase that might be alright, but would not gaurentee, having never tried myself.

And on the latter part (read on only if interested in the strangeness, does not have much bearing on YuriPrimes issue) yes I've recently made an clean installation through steam, and then created an test account through that, as though I am an brand new steam user to the game. I did not use and am no expert on the steam version either so I figured be good to have first hand experience of what steam users have to do. And that did indeed create an single game licence which seems to encompass the free content. As I said my regular account shows the free content as individual plane and mod licence keys. So I had assumed that the game checks which installation type your using (presume on the accounts first log in to game), applying that single licence code if it was an steam installation, or otherwise the individual licence keys if was an non-steam one? But that's just assumption based on what I've seen from just these two accounts.

Heres my two accounts keys, the first accounts my main one created from an non-steam installation (account can and is now used on the steam installation though), the latter being the test account created from an steam installation (not tested that one on an non-steam installation yet, though maybe be my next test ha).

Airco D.H.2  purchase  WXB9V-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Airco D.H.4  purchase  D217E-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Airco D.H.4 Aircraft Mod  purchase  A0766-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Albatros D.Va  purchase  C2B7D-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Albatros D.Va Aircraft Mod  purchase  18127-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Bristol F2B (F.II)  purchase  V2LF5-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Bristol F2B Aircraft Mod  purchase  S7FQC-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Channel map  purchase  E1887-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
F.E.2b  purchase  CQCPM-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
F.E.2b Aircraft Mod  purchase  39LTW-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Felixstowe F.2A  purchase  B98C4-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Felixstowe F2A Aircraft Mod  purchase  46EB0-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Fokker D.VII  purchase  CE350-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Handley Page 0-400  purchase  89786-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Handley Page 0-400 Aircraft Mod  purchase  94A2C-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Nieuport 11.C1  purchase  4DBDE-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Nieuport 11.C1 Aircraft Mod  purchase  1AD8E-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Nieuport 17.C1  purchase  F7B60-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Nieuport 17.C1 Aircraft Mod  purchase  4B46B-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Nieuport 17.C1 GBR  purchase  0832C-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Nieuport 17.C1 GBR Aircraft Mod  purchase  A37E5-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Nieuport 17.C1 RUS  purchase  2364D-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Nieuport 17.C1 RUS Aircraft Mod  purchase  2E04C-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
R.E.8  purchase  6C778-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
R.E.8 Aircraft Mod  purchase  R6GBX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
S.E.5a  purchase  K9NPV-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
S.E.5a Aircraft Mod  purchase  TVF6V-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter  purchase  17C5C-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter Aircraft Mod  purchase  17F75-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith Camel  purchase  6FB8B-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith Camel Aircraft Mod  purchase  5D939-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith Dolphin  purchase  4PQKM-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith Dolphin Aircraft Mod  purchase  H2QTH-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith Pup  purchase  0482A-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith Pup Aircraft Mod  purchase  E1422-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith Triplane  purchase  3EB0B-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
Sopwith Triplane Aircraft Mod  purchase  2AACE-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
SPAD 13.C1  purchase  67A75-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
SPAD 13.C1 Aircraft Mod  purchase  E3797-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated
SPAD 7.C1  purchase  2CTG2-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
SPAD 7.C1 Aircraft Mod  purchase  NFL4C-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated  
ROF STEAM FREE2PLAY steam XRDVB-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Key activated

#15 YuriPRIME

YuriPRIME

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:58

Update

Devs have answered and fixed my issue. All it took was updating the account apparently. It's alright now, and I can enjoy the fabulous Great War machines :)

Also, thanks to everyone who chimed in, I appreciate the communities support.

#16 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 06 January 2018 - 17:35

Good to hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users