- - - - -

Camels over Italy

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted Yesterday, 17:54

I editted my above post because I do agree Refected on the roundel colour. Still looks good but they could use another look at

Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#42 FLIK60J

FLIK60J
  • LocationSomewhere 3000 m above the ground – or near Vienna.

Posted Yesterday, 19:58

This thread reminded me of a lot of "pain" I went through trying to get the colors just right for some that I did.  For example, I had what I believed were the RBG values of the J5 green tail, but when I put them on the plane, they just didn't look right.  I sampled pictures of modern reproductions, I sampled paintings, etc, etc, I mixed and matched to try to come up with the best compromise between all sources I could find, and in the end it always came down to judging it by the eye.  And then as soon as you release a paint, you inevitably run across a picture that you didn't see before that makes you hate the colors you ended up with!

Hello, Ice_Age!

Exactly. Just today I stumbled over some pictures, which cast yet another light on some of my Camels. The real pain for me comes at the moment I decide to let a design go as it is.  No more ‘but I could do this‘ or ‘let me try that'. Horrible! Decisions, decisions…

S! 

#43 FLIK60J

FLIK60J
  • LocationSomewhere 3000 m above the ground – or near Vienna.

Posted Yesterday, 19:59

Neat! :icon_e_salute:

Thank you very much!

:icon_e_smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users