Photo
- - - - -

Are there any multiplayer sample missions available?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 01 January 2018 - 20:40

Hello folks. I want to try starting building multiplayer missions (full real missions, not airquake missions) and I am searching for samples to study the Mission Builder. If I could get my hands in a simple mission and a complex mission, over time I might have a general idea of how it works. I'm just going to use it for study and have a better understanding of it. I won't copy or adapt for use. The ones I found on the forum are old and the links are broken.

I might take a month off soon, so I may have time to figure a bit how it works. I appreciate any help.

SeaW0lf.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#2 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 01 January 2018 - 21:31

Hello folks. I want to try starting building multiplayer missions (full real missions, not airquake missions) and I am searching for samples to study the Mission Builder. If I could get my hands in a simple mission and a complex mission, over time I might have a general idea of how it works. I'm just going to use it for study and have a better understanding of it.

Your game will have saved all the maps that you have joined. Just load one of those into the editor. You'll find them in /data/Multiplayer/Dogfight

Also check-out RoF Mission Editor tutorial YouTube videos.

#3 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 01 January 2018 - 21:37

Hi SeaWolf, you can join a multiplayer server and thus you will download the mission files which you will find in in: C:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight\data\Multiplayer\Dogfight

It will look like this:

ba6w1m1.eng

ba6w1m1.fra

ba6w1m1.ger

BA6W1M1.list

BA6W1M1.msnbin

ba6w1m1.rus

ba6w1m1.spa

The *.msbin will contain the (compressed) mission file. The *.list will tell the game which other files to load, usually the other file which contain the mission description/caption text in different languages.

You can open the *.msbin file directly in the editor, although it wil not show in the load mission dialog window. Simply copy and paste the name of the mission file including the .msbin file extension and it will load. After you save (preferably to another name) the editor will automatically create a *.Mission file which is the uncompressed version of the mission so next time you will find it in the list.

#4 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 01 January 2018 - 21:48

Hi SeaWolf, you can join a multiplayer server and thus you will download the mission files which you will find in in: C:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight\data\Multiplayer\Dogfight

It will look like this:

ba6w1m1.eng

ba6w1m1.fra

ba6w1m1.ger

BA6W1M1.list

BA6W1M1.msnbin

ba6w1m1.rus

ba6w1m1.spa

The *.msbin will contain the (compressed) mission file. The *.list will tell the game which other files to load, usually the other file which contain the mission description/caption text in different languages.

You can open the *.msbin file directly in the editor, although it wil not show in the load mission dialog window. Simply copy and paste the name of the mission file including the .msbin file extension and it will load. After you save (preferably to another name) the editor will automatically create a *.Mission file which is the uncompressed version of the mission so next time you will find it in the list.

Cool, thats great! I had no idea. This way I am able to study several missions and stiles.

Thanks a lot!

#5 TheBlackFalcon

TheBlackFalcon
  • LocationMineola, NY USA

Posted 01 January 2018 - 22:21

Hold on a minute fellas...  Not all missions come with the mission project files.  For example, as far as I know, none of the New Wings missions come with this file.

As a result, if you do not find it then will have to contact the server owners and request a copy of this file for the mission you want to study...

Black Falcon

#6 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 01 January 2018 - 22:39

Hold on a minute fellas...  Not all missions come with the mission project files.  For example, as far as I know, none of the New Wings missions come with this file.

As a result, if you do not find it then will have to contact the server owners and request a copy of this file for the mission you want to study...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. If Syndicate comes with mission project files, I can go from there and study a few of them.

#7 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 02 January 2018 - 00:07

Could you clarify what a mission project file is? Assuming you refer to the .Mission file normally generated by the mission editor, indeed these files should not download with a game mission, however it is easy to regenerate them using the mission editor, which is in itself a compiler and de-compiler. Simply load the corresponding .msnbin file into the editor and save.

There is no necessity to understand the code used in .Mission files, nor to edit them directly.

#8 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:02

So guys, I started to create a mission this week. I'm just in the beginning, but I think I can get there. I already set the scenery and I am sorting the airfields. But I have a question if anyone could help.

I have searched about and found out that I can create ground textures  (those gray / brown areas without grass) in order to place new airfields and cities using substrate. In my case, I want to relocate some cities and airfields to fit historic data. The post is from 2009 and someone says that this only works if you play the mission with mods on (Unless you submit the changes to the devs I suppose). Otherwise the server will load the official map, not the one you changed.

Does it remain the same? If I want to create a multiplayer mission with mods off, I'm obligated to use the official map and ground textures? Can I create the texture as an object? If so, can I load these new objects to mods off in a server or I'll still have to play with mods on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users