Photo
- - - - -

Joystick update problem.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SUTTON1M

SUTTON1M

Posted 31 December 2017 - 13:21

Can anyone help me with this problem please?

I switched the PC on yesterday to be greeted with a message stating that Steam was updating... this in itself seemed a normal thing to happen but when I started the game I found that my joystick was no longer working although the mouse was. The stick was ticked to be used in the relevant box and the mouse was not. Although I am not familiar with the inner complexities of this game I also checked all other settings that I felt were relevant to using the joystick.... all to no avail.

As far as I can tell I should have a working joystick but I haven't.... does anyone have any ideas or suggestions please and could they be in very simple terms for a nugget to understand?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Sutton.

#2 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 31 December 2017 - 13:52

Have you tried to remap the joystick to the pitch and roll axis?

sig.png

#3 SUTTON1M

SUTTON1M

Posted 31 December 2017 - 14:31

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion but how do I do that please?

#4 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 14:41

sorry, need more information to diagnose problem.

Enjoyed reading of your predicament. Your writing has style. Brandy? Have a crumpet. With the Marmalade, it's very good.

Try unplugging the old stick and then plugging it back in.

Win X should tell you if it has loaded the drivers. or not...

Try a different USB socket.

What is your stick?

Then find your sticks diagnostic software and see it it's tiny little silicon heart is still beating.

I have a Logitech 3d pro and I can test it in the "devices and printers" part of the rather annoying windows 7 gadgets dept of the O.S.  ( it's all balderdash...)

More details would be nice. Other chaps here like details too. some are real sticklers...

Salute!

Plank.  ( Fashion photographer, equestrian and champion hampster breeder. )

-

Captured again!

#5 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 31 December 2017 - 19:16

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion but how do I do that please?

It is in the manual. Check out the section named "OPTIONS, SETTINGS, AND AIRCRAFT CUSTOMIZATIONS" and using the controls tab starts at the end of page 23.

#6 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:17

Kiaora Mate,

First, your controller must be plugged in BEFORE you launch RoF. This might fix the problem.

Also, whats happened to me before is I had more then one controller plugged in during launch up of RoF. The problem with that was that the game saw 2 controllers and named them controller 1 and controller 2.

If your controller is seen as controller 2 but the settings are looking for controller 1 it wont work.

Sorry, None of this really made sense.

Salute!

Stumble.

Its actually an Honor to get stung by a bee.

It hates you so much, that its willing to die just

to cause you a mild amount of pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users