- - - - -

Mixed up controls

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:14

Since I connected a Logitech/Saitek Throttle Quadrant to my system it's getting all confused.

Every time when my computer is started it, or RoF wo'nt recognise properly. Joystick and Quadrant seem to change places or joystick won't work at oul.

If I configure properly again it will only last as long as I don't restart the computer.

Has anyone got any idea what can be wrong, it all started with the quadrant so my guess is that it has something to do with that.

Joystick and pedals are CH btw.

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:00

I think I read something on this forum about USB device ids getting mixed up. But I can't find it.

#3 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:53

ROF recognises a joystick and quadrant as 'joy0' and 'joy1'. If you replace one of them it sometimes reverses the ID of each ( I think it is windows that actually switches the IDs and confuses ROF). Try reversing the 'joy' IDs in the ROF options/controls menu.

Cheers.

#4 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:18

ROF recognises a joystick and quadrant as 'joy0' and 'joy1'. If you replace one of them it sometimes reverses the ID of each ( I think it is windows that actually switches the IDs and confuses ROF). Try reversing the 'joy' IDs in the ROF options/controls menu.

Cheers.

Thanks for the tip, however I can't find the place in the ROF options/controls where the 'joys' ID's are shown.

Am I missing something?

#5 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:05

Sorry. I'll be more specific:

You need to go into options/controls/plane controls and check that the 'joy' ID for pitch and roll etc. is for the joystick that you are using and has not been switched to the quadrant. In other words, Joy0 has been switched to joy1 and vice versa. If it has, you will need to correct this by re-allocating the controls to the correct controller. This is a peculiarity of Windows switching controller IDs and not RoF I'm afraid. You may also need to re-allocate some of the engine controls as well.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

#6 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:35

Got it, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users