Photo
- - - - -

Trigger: Spawning question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davidself1001

davidself1001

Posted 11 December 2017 - 00:29

I have a set of 5 vehicles that want to drive down the road to a final waypoint then respawn and start all over.  I am doing this sequence but i can't get my vehicle formation to work (on road column).  How do you set a formation on a spawned set of vehicles?

#2 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:34

I have a set of 5 vehicles that want to drive down the road to a final waypoint then respawn and start all over.  I am doing this sequence but i can't get my vehicle formation to work (on road column).  How do you set a formation on a spawned set of vehicles?

This question arises quite often; as far as I know it is not possible to apply a formation to spawned vehicles by linking all the followers to the leader.

As an alternative you can object-link all vehicles to the waypoint and object-link the formation MCU to all the vehicles. Also the spawner and delete MCUs must be object-linked to all vehicles if not already. If the vehicles are different types, ensure that the waypoint speed is set to a speed of which they are all capable.

#3 davidself1001

davidself1001

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:59

Thanks. That does the trick. Are there any sites with user created MP missions?

#4 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 11 December 2017 - 14:27

What's the point in still using the formation command ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#5 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 11 December 2017 - 15:07

S!

The formation command keeps them on the road till the next waypoint is reached. Otherwise they go in straight directions to the waypoint.

If you go online and join a multiplayer server, the files are downloaded to your machine. You will not see them in the ME because the  xxxxx.mission file is not included. When in the ME and you want to open one of these missions you just go to the open menu and type in the first few letters of the mission you want. It will display all files. In there is a xxxx.msbin file. Select that one and it will open the mission.

sig9.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users