- - - - -

Can't buy planes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 johnpayne28

johnpayne28
  • LocationNr Exeter, UK

Posted 09 December 2017 - 16:59

Can't buy planes​. Can't see any way to add planes to basket. No longer have steam account: Game downloaded direct from ROF site after uninstalling Steam

#2 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 09 December 2017 - 17:36

https://riseofflight.com/store/

Click on the plane your interested in.

Click "add to cart" button for the plane, or the plane plus mods.

Go back to the previous page and repeat that process to add more planes to cart should you wish.

Should see top right of these webpages an shopping trolley icon (plus  details about how many items in your cart, the discount, and the total cost) click this to go pay for your items.

Do not purchase from both Steam and Rise of Flight Store on the same Rise of Flight account. Once an Rise of Flight account has purchases from Steam applied only Steam can then be used for subsequent purchases, and vice versa.

#3 johnpayne28

johnpayne28
  • LocationNr Exeter, UK

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:27

Thank you, that's my problem, I am not seeing an add to cart button, only the message that Steam customers can't buy direct. I was under the impression that I did originally purchase ROF direct but it must have been from Steam as when I closed my Steam account and uninstalled the app. ROF was also uninstalled. I then reinstalled direct. Is the only solution to open a new account and reinstall again? Can I do that with the same contact details? I don't want anything to do with Steam anymore.

#4 johnpayne28

johnpayne28
  • LocationNr Exeter, UK

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:48

Belay that: Tried again and I'm now getting an add to cart button so can go ahead and buy.  :icon_e_biggrin: 

#5 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 10 December 2017 - 18:23

Thank you, that's my problem, I am not seeing an add to cart button, only the message that Steam customers can't buy direct. I was under the impression that I did originally purchase ROF direct but it must have been from Steam as when I closed my Steam account and uninstalled the app. ROF was also uninstalled. I then reinstalled direct. Is the only solution to open a new account and reinstall again? Can I do that with the same contact details? I don't want anything to do with Steam anymore.

Belay that: Tried again and I'm now getting an add to cart button so can go ahead and buy.  :icon_e_biggrin:

Steams just like an container for games, games you install through it are put into Steams folders, so removing Steam you also remove those games. So that's no indicator for what route you went for purchasing extra content for Rise of Flight.

#6 Hugo_Schafer

Hugo_Schafer

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:44

So unless Steam is uninstalled there is no way of purchasing planes? Well that sux big time!

#7 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:28

So unless Steam is uninstalled there is no way of purchasing planes? Well that sux big time!

No, not quite correct.

If your RoF game account is a Steam account, you have to buy through Steam, and they don't sell individual planes, only DLC packages.

If your RoF game account is a ROF account (ie. through the RoF site), then you can use the RoF Store, and buy single planes...

There may be more nuances than that, and if so, I'm certain Trupo will chime in, but basically, Steam Accounts use Steam for DLC, and RoF Accounts use the RoF Store.

Regards,

:icon_e_salute:

#8 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:33

No, not quite correct.

If your RoF game account is a Steam account, you have to buy through Steam, and they don't sell individual planes, only DLC packages.

If your RoF game account is a ROF account (ie. through the RoF site), then you can use the RoF Store, and buy single planes...

There may be more nuances than that, and if so, I'm certain Trupo will chime in, but basically, Steam Accounts use Steam for DLC, and RoF Accounts use the RoF Store.

Regards,

It's not 100% exact, either. 
If you ever bought any RoF DLCs for your account from steam, your account becomes steam-only and you can't buy planes from store. If you have never bought and steam DLCs yet, you can buy planes from store, or buy steam DLCs (which will convert your account to steam only...).

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#9 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:26

It's not 100% exact, either. 
If you ever bought any RoF DLCs for your account from steam, your account becomes steam-only and you can't buy planes from store. If you have never bought and steam DLCs yet, you can buy planes from store, or buy steam DLCs (which will convert your account to steam only...).

See?  That's *exactly* what I was counting on you for, Trupo...    :D  :D  :D

Cheers,

PS> ...or put another way, just make your account on this forum and buy from 777's site and you don't have to think about the edge cases and / or nuance situations...     :D

(Either way, I hope you're able to get it sorted out)

#10 Guest_Klempner1_*

Guest_Klempner1_*

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:27

I first downloaded the free game and registered through Steam. I played for a few days and wanted to buy 1 specific plane (Pfalz DIII). That is not possible. I then downloaded and installed game from 777's site and registered. I still cannot get the checkout button, only that I have to buy from Steam. How can I delete this Steam registration. Thanks for ANY help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users