- - - - -

Current server scene in ROF? Help.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:40

Guys, how's the current server scene in ROF? I intend to fly here from time to time to keep up with my paces when FC is released.

So this week I flew on a French server that does not have AI when both sides have players, which is great. It also has no icons, also great. And I also have a decent ping. I've seen a few players this week, but is there a day when players come in more numbers? they are the first three servers on the list (one is for novices).

Is there any other furball server without AI when people join in?

I also saw that on Thursday there are some squadrons flying on Wargrounds. Is it every week? What time do people start to come in? Did the AI fighters increased with the low attendance or it remains the same as in 2015?

Syndicate (Cuban) kept the same maps of the past? People still gathers on Sundays? No AI fighters?

Anyway, I should split my time with BOX in the coming months. Feedback is appreciated, and we'll meet up there.

S~

SeaW0lf.

Edit* -- I forgot... Is there any other website showing the servers and the attendance? The last one went offline a while ago.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#2 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:02

RoF Online moved to a new address

http://rof.flying-barans.ru/

sig.png

#3 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:21

Edit* -- I forgot... Is there any other website showing the servers and the attendance? The last one went offline a while ago.

They need a more intuitive domain name. I would suggest: I_WillNotJoinTheGameUnlessMyFriendsAreAlreadyThere.com

Note that this site can only list servers subscribing to it, which many never shall.

#4 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:47

All the important servers are listed there Wolf.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#5 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 26 November 2017 - 13:38

Cool guys, good to have ROF online again.

S~

#6 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 November 2017 - 13:53

Salute Seawolf! Officially, the Thursday fly-in starts at 8pm Central time (12am Rio de Janeiro time). However, there are people in flying before that sometimes.

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#7 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 26 November 2017 - 22:24

Salute Seawolf! Officially, the Thursday fly-in starts at 8pm Central time (12am Rio de Janeiro time). However, there are people in blind before that sometimes.

Cool, I might chime in one of these days, 

#8 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 27 November 2017 - 00:31

Past two Sundays there has been 50 plus people on Syndicate.

#9 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:04

Past two Sundays there has been 50 plus people on Syndicate.

Yeah, the other day I saw 40+ players. Unfortunately today I was busy. But all the missions on the list had the prefix "COOP" (which I don't recall seeing before). Is it just the style of the mission, with task announcements and such or do I need a password, play a role, etc.? Can I normally enter as any server and fly without having to complete tasks or use TS? I like to help, but coop really is not my cup of tea and I never used TS.

#10 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:10

Anyone can fly on syndicate as there is no password needed.  The COOP missions have ai flights that you can join to carry out missions.  If there are not many people on the COOP missions are fun as there are lots of ai flying around making for good situational awareness practice.

#11 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:19

Anyone can fly on syndicate as there is no password needed.  The COOP missions have ai flights that you can join to carry out missions.  If there are not many people on the COOP missions are fun as there are lots of ai flying around making for good situational awareness practice.

Perhaps it is the old dynamic missions, but they were sort of light on AI. I personally do not like AI fighters. They are hopeless and get in the way a lot when there are real pilots around, which in fact end up messing up our situational awareness. I like AI as recon and bombers, but I personally think AI fighters on servers were prejudicial to game play and multiplayer way back in 2013 when I started flying MP and we had missions with 60-70+ players in both full real servers. But things changed a lot over the last years.

#12 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:24

I think on COOP missions the ai goes away as more people join.  Plus on Sundays when the server is busiest a Vintage Mission is put up and as far as I know the only ai on those maps are two seaters.  

#13 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:28

I think on COOP missions the ai goes away as more people join.  Plus on Sundays when the server is busiest a Vintage Mission is put up and as far as I know the only ai on those maps are two seaters.  

Cool. I'll try to join next week. Thanks for the feedback,

#14 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:18

Cool, I might chime in one of these days,

Nice! I see that my original post said “...people in ‘blind’ before that...” I meant to say “people in ‘flying’ before that!”

What I get for trying to post on a phone with “autocorrect” lol. :lol:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#15 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:44

Nice! I see that my original post said “...people in ‘blind’ before that...” I meant to say “people in ‘flying’ before that!”

What I get for trying to post on a phone with “autocorrect” lol. :lol:

Hahaha! I kind of figured  :D

#16 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:37

Cool. I'll try to join next week. Thanks for the feedback,

We don't normally run COOP missions on Syndicate. The COOP titled missions hosted recently were TDM servers but with the AI and the option to join the AI.

These maps were designed for smaller below 20 player sessions.

Once we got to Sunday afternoon we switched to more usual VM missions to cater for the 40+ players.

sig.png

#17 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 27 November 2017 - 13:58

We don't normally run COOP missions on Syndicate. The COOP titled missions hosted recently were TDM servers but with the AI and the option to join the AI.

These maps were designed for smaller below 20 player sessions.

Once we got to Sunday afternoon we switched to more usual VM missions to cater for the 40+ players.

Nice to know, thanks. I was not sure if everyone could join. I'll try next Sunday. I'll keep an eye on the ROF online page as well.

S~

#18 davidself1001

davidself1001

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:20

What maps are these servers?  I just have the free to play steam version of RoF and i only see 2 servers (both UNK).  Do i need to buy other maps to find servers?

#19 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:22

What maps are these servers?  I just have the free to play steam version of RoF and i only see 2 servers (both UNK).  Do i need to buy other maps to find servers?

Switch MODS off ;)

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#20 davidself1001

davidself1001

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:31

thanks

#21 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 December 2017 - 22:43

"I also saw that on Thursday there are some squadrons flying on Wargrounds. Is it every week?"

It alternates between WG and Syndicate from week to week on Thursdays.

#22 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 05 December 2017 - 23:38

"I also saw that on Thursday there are some squadrons flying on Wargrounds. Is it every week?"

It alternates between WG and Syndicate from week to week on Thursdays.

Cool, good to know. I'll keep an aye on the rofonline page  :icon_e_salute:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users