* * * * * 2 votes

IL-2 Sturmovik: Flying Circus Volume I Announced

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#161 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 28 November 2017 - 20:33

As much of the work will be porting RoF content done in parallel to BoB by third party contractor, I really expect first planes appearing in early access couple of months after preorders start. With 10 planes and end of 2018 as deadline, they will have to be releasing planes monthly.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The only thing "full real" around here is the drama. So play in whichever way keeps you online for us to shoot at."(Hrafn_Kolbrandr)

#162 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:24

So I hope I'll get rid of my GTX 780 by then, b/c I am almost sure it wouldn't work in FC just  like it doesn't work in BoX 
:icon_e_deadman:

Heading for MSI GTX 1060 6GB

Consider yourself lucky, I'll need a completely new computer.

#163 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:32

Little patient ROF-Community has finally got own MEGA Christmas present  :lol:

Thank you very much!

We all are looking hopefully to the bright future of the magnificient WWI Fly-Simulator!

With a little luck and loving tweaking it would be so great to see your amazing Italian map as a new ROF inclusion BVM!  Owning a Phonix DIIa or an Oeffag 253 would be very special but inclusion of an Italian map would be the tops for some of us! Viva Italiano! We were overlooked before despite the Italian front being much more interesting after all the flat no mans land of ROF1 :D  (:

#164 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationNew Zealand. That little island near Aussie :)

Posted 05 January 2018 - 00:02

I'm starting to get excited about FC now.

Couple questions though. When abouts will early access be released? And for how much will they be selling it for.

Also, if we have purchased a substantial amount of planes on RoF will we get a discount from FC? I'm unsure If I should purchase more planes in RoF or not.

S!

Stumble.

Don't give up your dreams!

keep sleeping.

Salute! Stumble.

#165 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 05 January 2018 - 00:06

Well Stumble at the moment the planes are rather cheap in ROF so go a head buy a few extra's. might be a year before we see FC.

#166 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 05 January 2018 - 00:12

So I hope I'll get rid of my GTX 780 by then, b/c I am almost sure it wouldn't work in FC just  like it doesn't work in BoX 
:icon_e_deadman:

Heading for MSI GTX 1060 6GB

I just picked up a GTX1050ti for $200.00 and works great with every thing maxed in BOS, has 4 gigs but still a great deal. no extra power adapters, 75 watts.

#167 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:10

I'm starting to get excited about FC now.

Couple questions though. When abouts will early access be released? And for how much will they be selling it for.

Also, if we have purchased a substantial amount of planes on RoF will we get a discount from FC? I'm unsure If I should purchase more planes in RoF or not.

I don't think anyone has those answers unless it's been mentioned in another forum without bothering to repeat it here. If all RoF planes are eventually ported to FC, one could envisage being given the privilege of purchasing the full content across four volumes, that's assuming Jason can resist making some of it into disproportionately-priced 'Collector Planes', which from his last question session seems to be an idea he just loves. The RoF pricing scheme has been criticised by some, but I suspect FC is going to make it look decidedly attractive in comparison.

I know I won't be parting with a penny at least until I know exactly how things stand.

@Jason Williams: Thank you for your last two most-enlightening question sessions. They made it abundantly clear that you have simply no answers.

#168 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:20

Well for me, I'll be the first one in line with my money in hand, so Jason, 777, whoever, get to work ;) lol

#169 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:21

Well for me, I'll be the first one in line with my money in hand, so Jason, 777, whoever, get to work ;) lol

no your not I am. :icon_lol:

#170 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:14

Dear chaps, you're both wrong...I am! Call-ahead reservations. :) :lol:

Seriously, I know I've said it before, but I am PUMPED for the pre order!!! And if we get some early access, I'll be sure to Twitch stream my initial experiences.  :icon_mad:  :icon_e_deadman:  :icon_e_biggrin:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#171 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:49

I know I won't be parting with a penny at least until I know exactly how things stand.

Hope springs eternal...

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#172 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 05 January 2018 - 19:55

Hope springs eternal...

It's only natural that you should dread the possibility of losing the benefit of my wisdom.

@Jason Williams: Thank you for your last two most-enlightening question sessions. They made it abundantly clear that you have simply no answers.

#173 AB1_CamelJock

AB1_CamelJock

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:48

Can I pre-order this now?

#174 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:49

No

Free Plank!

#175 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNooooooooo Zeeeeeeeeeeeland.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:23

This pre order mechanism sounds like a terrible idea. 

I keep biting my tongue about it but.... fiddle sticks!

Keep hold of your money! Keep the pressure on to deliver.

We have all the carrots! 

We have all the carrots! 

We have all the carrots!

( Shouting in a small squeaky voice...) 

If they pull their finger out and knock this thing out of the park.... here are all my cash. 

If the don't.... I'll spend it on high octane petrol thank you very much !

Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! 

It's so darn hot down here. Heck. and the clouds.... amazing. 

Salute!

Plank. 

Dear chaps. I flew a real plane. It was grand!

Salute!

#176 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 12 January 2018 - 14:25

Attention Rise of Flight Pilots!

Today we announced our plans to produce a new WWI era simulation as part of the IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series. It will be called Flying Circus - Volume I and it is planned to be the start of building all that you loved about ROF inside our Digital Warfare Engine that powers all our Sturmovik products.

Just remember that any application is only as good as its supporting documentation. Want an English manual? No - problem - just ask someone to volunteer to translate it. Want it to contain the all-important section on setting-up a server? Fine - anybody's welcome to contribute one but we don't consider it worth our time.

A continuation of that attitude will not be beneficial.

#177 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 12 January 2018 - 14:55

Last time I checked, LukeFF was covering the BoX manuals.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The only thing "full real" around here is the drama. So play in whichever way keeps you online for us to shoot at."(Hrafn_Kolbrandr)

#178 PikeStance

PikeStance
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 12 January 2018 - 15:26

What is the approximate release date? I have looked but i cannot find any release trailers, in-game images, etc. If they are expecting pre-orders in early 2018, then I would expect something to wet the appetite would be released. 

PikeStance

New Orleans Born, Berlin Living

#179 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 12 January 2018 - 16:03

It's early days, I wouldn't expect they'll be ready to produce a trailer yet..

#180 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 12 January 2018 - 18:42

This pre order mechanism sounds like a terrible idea. 

Then don’t pre-order and pay full price. I’ll pre-order anything they offer to sell me.

Free Plank!

#181 BH_Vfw_Klaue

BH_Vfw_Klaue

Posted 12 January 2018 - 19:20

Then don’t pre-order and pay full price. I’ll pre-order anything they offer to sell me.

+1

#182 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 13 January 2018 - 16:42

BTW, pre-ordering doesn’t just get you a discount, it also gets you early access to the aircraft as they are completed.

Free Plank!

#183 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 13 January 2018 - 19:06

+2

#184 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 15 January 2018 - 19:58

Yes! Finally!

If a bear can be in the artillery, why not in the airforce too?

#185 paullmf2

paullmf2

Posted Yesterday, 07:02

Looking at that plane list again, Entente has SPEED!

With the exception of the D7f none of the Central planes have speed or altitude ability. Even the Entente 2-seater (F2b) is faster than most of them

Just a thought, but current BoX players coming over to Flying Circus may find the Entent selection a lot more to their liking.

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#186 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted Yesterday, 07:05

DXII is even faster than a DVIIF at altitude if it has a BMW engine.

#187 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted Yesterday, 08:14

The DXII is the fastest at altitude in RoF.
Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#188 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted Yesterday, 08:41

I think Paul was referring to the initial FC1 plane set.

I'd like to see a DXII in for the DIIIa.

And in any case are we getting DVII, DVIIf, or just a DVII with choice of engines ?

#189 paullmf2

paullmf2

Posted Yesterday, 09:34

Yeah, initial set is what i meant - FC1.

Assuming planes as per RoF, so DVIIf and DVII diesel, both Bristol Fighters and Halb CL2s

Edit: i see what you meant ZF. I guess the BoX 'engine choice' model makes sense from a product alignment pov. Though i assume the flight model is different to allow for the change in power/weight and airframe considerations.

Just noticed your Jam sig! Think i literally wore out my copy of Setting Sons

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#190 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted Yesterday, 13:56

Sorry could have sworn  the DXII was on the list for volume one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Flashy