#81 gooneybird

gooneybird

Posted 20 November 2017 - 14:38

Any word on career mode?

#82 TheBlackFalcon

TheBlackFalcon
  • LocationMineola, NY USA

Posted 20 November 2017 - 14:53

Great news!!!  Hopefully, 777 will build quite few modules beyond "Flying Circus" so we can have the expansiveness that we have in the current ROF.

However, I want new DH4s outfitted with photon torpedoes...

:icon_e_smile:

Black Falcon

#83 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 November 2017 - 14:54

Any word on career mode?

Yeah - Jason said in the Q&A session yesterday that it would come along a little later.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#84 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 20 November 2017 - 15:25

Any word on career mode?

Not on that small map, not from 777. PWCG may be other story :).

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#85 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 20 November 2017 - 16:55

I mean in reality you really had to aim for the pilot, the fuel tank or the engine, because if you hit elsewhere, chances where the bullet just passed through canvas and empty air. Towards the end of the development they changed the DM and now wings are so fragile that 90% of my kills are wing rip-offs. This is not realistic at all. There is a MOD out there that fixes this issue, but I wish it was so in the mods off game.

I hope they model hit boxes in the wings as the size of the actual spars which would make fold ups due to bullet damage much more rare.  I also would like to see the wings collapse and and not completely detach unless in a high speed terminal death dive as Its really annoying to have your prop taken out by a disintegrating plane especially over enemy territory.

#86 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 November 2017 - 18:02

I hope they model hit boxes in the wings as the size of the actual spars which would make fold ups due to bullet damage much more rare. I also would like to see the wings collapse and and not completely detach unless in a high speed terminal death dive as Its really annoying to have your prop taken out by a disintegrating plane especially over enemy territory.

Completely agree on that one! Especially annoying in dead is dead situations, like FiF! :lol:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#87 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 20 November 2017 - 19:25

I would also like to see instantaneous fuses on the Gotha's and HP's bombs along with a free fall arming time in order to get them to fly at historically accurate level bombing altitudes.

#88 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 November 2017 - 19:43

I know, after listening to Jason’s Q&A, that the first small step is to import the planes as they are which means existing FMs as in ROF now. It is possible that down the road they may address FM issues in regards to speed etc. I hope that it will be possible as well to modify some DMs. For example the downward turning bottom wing of the DIII and DVa to some extent.
I’d also like to see, when they are able, to have engine variants (DIIIaü) as well as aircraft variants like the very famous Albatros DIII Johannisthal build model and the crappy DV. This way we can have properly matched skins and not just reasonable facimiles.

#89 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 20 November 2017 - 20:05

I know, after listening to Jason’s Q&A, that the first small step is to import the planes as they are which means existing FMs as in ROF now. It is possible that down the road they may address FM issues in regards to speed etc. I hope that it will be possible as well to modify some DMs. For example the downward turning bottom wing of the DIII and DVa to some extent.
I’d also like to see, when they are able, to have engine variants (DIIIaü) as well as aircraft variants like the very famous Albatros DIII Johannisthal build model and the crappy DV. This way we can have properly matched skins and not just reasonable facimiles.

I think they are going to have to address flight models and damage models and some other things in the future, because otherwise it will just be a port-over representing a subset of what already exists in the current RoF infrastructure.  The new BoX game engine represents a great leap forward in and of itself, but I think once the novelty of that wears off, people are going to be clamoring for a lot more down in the guts of the sim.  I don't think it will be a good thing if too many of the complaints about the current game end up getting ported over to the new one.  

Personally, my gut feel is that the resources required to revisit the issue of Tanks, and create a whole new product around them within the Digital Warfare game engine might be better spent on enhancing their Flight Sim products, of which FC is one; but I guess it will be a long time until we see how it plays out, and a lot can change in that time.

#90 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 20 November 2017 - 20:52

Would be nice, but this is how it is in BoX too. Press E and watch all the buttons being pushed, pumps operated and whatnot... I don't expect it to be otherwise with FC.

That would have been nice. Not an deal breaker though otherwise would not be playing in Rise of Flight. In relation to that sorta what are the bombsights like in BoX series I kinda wish in Rise of Flight we were manipulating the actual 3D bombsight (and that the observer could use the bombsight too) rather than the pilot only “bombsight view” with the same functions as the actual sight that we have now.

Would have prefered an DH4 in that list. :D

#91 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 20 November 2017 - 21:14

I don't mean to play the devil's advocate, and I will be the first to preorder, but: what will make it so much better than the current version of RoF? We'll have no career mode at the beginning, less maps, less planes, same FM... Don't get me wrong though, I can't wait, I'm just interested in the details.

#92 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 20 November 2017 - 21:23

what will make it so much better than the current version of RoF? We'll have no career mode at the beginning, less maps, less planes, same FM...

considering that i will also need a new PC rig to play Flying Circus..well, thats a valid point. Bump

#93 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 November 2017 - 22:12

I don't mean to play the devil's advocate, and I will be the first to preorder, but: what will make it so much better than the current version of RoF? We'll have no career mode at the beginning, less maps, less planes, same FM... Don't get me wrong though, I can't wait, I'm just interested in the details.

Glass half empty or half full?

Sure, the initial launch is only a limited subset of RoF content, but there should be a chance of getting some nice improvements if the stars align:

- VR  (this alone would be enough, from my perspective - I haven't been able to bring myself to fly RoF since I got my Rift earlier this summer and started flying BoX with it - WWI in VR should be awesome!)

- opportunity/possibility they might fix the Camel FM (even if they don't plan to do a massive/wide-ranging FM revision, they've got to at least think about and test how the FMs work in the new engine, so maybe some tweaks will be possible)

- better map detail/trees/clouds

- opportunity/possibility for more ground units supported by the new engine

I don't think they're likely to promise any of the above (except VR), and maybe none of it will play out that way, but hope springs eternal :)

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#94 Hans140

Hans140

Posted 20 November 2017 - 22:54

I wonder if there is a chance of opening the old ROF to modding community after the FC is out?

It will be under different engine afterall :) 

#95 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 20 November 2017 - 23:04

I know, after listening to Jason’s Q&A, that the first small step is to import the planes as they are which means existing FMs as in ROF now. It is possible that down the road they may address FM issues in regards to speed etc.

Did he specify what 'down the road' means for the FM tweaks? Before or after the release?

They should have to address the lack of climb of the Camel before the release, which we can call it a bug. And it makes no sense to port a bug to BOX knowing about it. It would mean the same to release a Bf 109 K-4 with a climb rate more or less 20% worse than of a Brewster Buffalo -- if we take into account the climb of the Henriot (same engine and same climb of the original Camel).

They can do other tweaks, but I think the Camel has a problem (undeniable).

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#96 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 20 November 2017 - 23:15

Great news!!!  Hopefully, 777 will build quite few modules beyond "Flying Circus" so we can have the expansiveness that we have in the current ROF.

However, I want new DH4s outfitted with photon torpedoes...

:icon_e_smile:

Official title is "Flying Circus Vol.1"... so that would leave room for a Vol.2, Vol.3, etc.

At least we hope so. ;)

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#97 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:05

Shared game client and server list with BoS, which is where most of player base went. Even if people who quit RoF for BoS join FC server just one evening a week each, they'll create more traffic than what we have in RoF now. Case in the point - I was seeing you on BoS forum much more often than here until recently :)

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#98 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:26

I wonder if there is a chance of opening the old ROF to modding community after the FC is out?

It will be under different engine afterall :)

No way

#99 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:13

No way

Just like everyone said TFS would never be allowed to use the CLOD Source Code Luke??? Don't be so negative. Who are you? The Grinch in disguise??? :icon_lol:

S!Blade<><

#100 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:30

Because if you have the rof game engine code you will have the basics for the Box game engine code.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#101 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:44

Official title is "Flying Circus Vol.1"... so that would leave room for a Vol.2, Vol.3, etc.

At least we hope so. ;)

My SPAD VII better be in Vol. 2 :icon_e_biggrin:

#102 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:26

Don't get me wrong, the glass is half full, or more like 75% full :) I don't have VR yet though. 

If I can run BoX maxed out smoothly now, I should be able to run FC as well, right?

#103 Happyhaddock

Happyhaddock
  • LocationCloud cuckoo land

Posted 21 November 2017 - 15:33

There's an old quote that to an optimist the glass is half full, to the pessimist half empty and to the pragmatist it is merely a glass with 100%  redundant surplus capacity.

I view this announcement basically as a fantastic announcement of a much bigger glass to pour our existing drink into.

I'll be the first to jump in and commit my cash to pre-ordering Flying Circus because of the potential it holds to become so much more than ROF over time, but am I expecting much more than ROF from day one?  That would be no, but hopefully every loss of content will be balanced by other improvements and if we all keep supporting it Vol 1 will be followed by more volumes with more additions and improvements slowly giving back all the content not there from day one

#104 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 21 November 2017 - 15:48

In actual fact the glass is full. 50% liquid and 50% our atmosphere.

:P

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#105 Dietz

Dietz

Posted 21 November 2017 - 16:21

Oh Momma ! VR! I have it in BoX and it is simply amazing!

Attached Files

#106 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 21 November 2017 - 17:11

Just like everyone said TFS would never be allowed to use the CLOD Source Code Luke??? Don't be so negative. Who are you? The Grinch in disguise??? :icon_lol:

S!Blade<><

CloD source code is no longer being used for anything. Much of RoF source code is probably still being used.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#107 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 21 November 2017 - 17:21

Once FC Vol. 1 comes out I will move over to it permanently.  People hanging onto ROF will just hurt IL2: Flying Circus.

#108 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 21 November 2017 - 17:40

Once FC Vol. 1 comes out I will move over to it permanently.  People hanging onto ROF will just hurt IL2: Flying Circus.

no, they'll just be lonely,

#109 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 21 November 2017 - 17:59

... Even if people who quit RoF for BoS join FC server just one evening a week each, they'll create more traffic than what we have in RoF now.... 

I'll be there for sure Trupo and I hope most of the famous ST squad too :-D

#110 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 21 November 2017 - 18:10

I'll be there for sure Trupo and I hope most of the famous ST squad too :-D

Is that a threat ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#111 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 November 2017 - 18:11

Is that a threat ?

Don't worry, Ami is the only one left and he is harmless :icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_mad:

#112 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 November 2017 - 18:37

Don't worry, Ami is the only one left and he is harmless :icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_mad:

I dunno...I saw Malesan and Pirato on recently (at different times), and they didn’t look all that harmless!

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#113 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:05

no, they'll just be lonely,

Or sore that their accusations have been proved baseless when they continue to get their butts handed to them in Flying Circus by the same people that were kicking their butt in ROF.

#114 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:20

Is that a threat ?

Kind of ;)

#115 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:22

:icon_cool:

You should rather go back to your roots :)
(which are ST) 

#116 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:26

You should rather go back to your roots :)
(which are ST)

lol, still miss you guys and the good old times but happy where i am now :)

#117 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:32

lol, still miss you guys and the good old times but happy where i am now :)

Good old times will be back in FC I'm sure.
And don't deceive yourself - once a Troll - forever Troll 
:icon_e_salute:

#118 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:37

av0m4o.jpg

#119 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 21 November 2017 - 22:57

The people I see online the least always have the biggest mouths. Doubt that'll be changing with FC...

#120 A.P.

A.P.

Posted 22 November 2017 - 00:39

Fantastic news!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users