• This topic is locked This topic is locked
284 replies to this topic

#41 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:12

What will happen to the RoF itself?

It will probably slowly die....

Ofcourse you can always play it at home but the masterserver will be put down in time

#42 Waggaz

Waggaz
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:21

Back to my earlier thread, this is really the Christmas present we all wanted!!

Now I need to look at buying a hydraulic setup for that extra immersion  :icon_eek:

#43 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:35

Pre-ordering A.S.A.P.

#44 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:16

OMG - when I saw the pre-announcement about the announcement over here on the RoF forums I tried really hard to suppress my expectations and convince myself that they were just trying to reach the audience over there. I figured that this was probably just going to be something Pacific-related (I thought maybe they'd say something about going to New Guinea before Okinawa or something like that). So I was totally gobsmacked to read about Flying Circus. RoF in VR - what a dream! RoF has always been my first love (even though I've bought everything the team has done for BoX), but I haven't been able to bring myself to fly it since I got my Rift, cause BoX in VR is so awesome. Now I'm over the moon about being able to fly RoF again when Flying Circus arrives. And it will be a great excuse for buying the next gen VR units that probably should be coming out about then, too.

Good things come to those who wait :)

I got the same idea on that, if FC is released I hope the nextgen VR set’s are also on the market.
Guess next step is to merge this forum to the Bos forum, if to avoid this forum is going to dry-out.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#45 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:59

It will probably slowly die....

Ofcourse you can always play it at home but the masterserver will be put down in time

Proof ?

I my opinion the opposite is true. If 777 would have closed down, this would have happenend, but now they would never dissapoint any RoF costumers, as they will be the new customers of the new series.

So please don't post such stupid speculations.

#46 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 November 2017 - 13:14

Proof ?

I my opinion the opposite is true. If 777 would have closed down, this would have happenend, but now they would never dissapoint any RoF costumers, as they will be the new customers of the new series.

So please don't post such stupid speculations.

Stupid?

So you think this will go on for ever? You may be lucky the masterserver is still there with ever declining number of pilots. So when a new game is coming why would they keep the old one running?

#47 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 18 November 2017 - 13:17

Pre-ordering A.S.A.P.

How much sooner will you get it? Worried about shortages? From what I read, it will have little to offer anyone not planning to invest in VR, and I wouldn't expect any FM corrections.

I recommend waiting for the reviews.

#48 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 18 November 2017 - 13:59

I'm reading some concerns about the pricing and here's my take: as much as having it cheap would be great, I understand that this kind of game just doesn't have the profile to attract huge amounts of players. So in the end someone has to pay for the team effort and - why not? - profit.

Indeed, the game price is a small thing compared to the investment some of us make in the hardware. With added VR - woah.

Maybe the team can save some work and perhaps some buyer's bucks by delegating part of the effort to the thriving community here. Many would be glad to help with testing, historical knowledge, artwork suggestions, and a few with flight models... ;)

Thanks again for keeping the dream alive, Jason & Co. The sun is shining just a little bit brighter since the news came...

#49 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 18 November 2017 - 14:10

I'm reading some concerns about the pricing and here's my take: as much as having it cheap would be great, I understand that this kind of game just doesn't have the profile to attract huge amounts of players. So in the end someone has to pay for the team effort and - why not? - profit.

Indeed, the game price is a small thing compared to the investment some of us make in the hardware. With added VR - woah.

Maybe the team can save some work and perhaps some buyer's bucks by delegating part of the effort to the thriving community here. Many would be glad to help with testing, historical knowledge, artwork suggestions, and a few with flight models... ;)

Thanks again for keeping the dream alive, Jason & Co. The sun is shining just a little bit brighter since the news came...

I'm going to guess it is going to cost as much as their other titles, and I have no problem with that.

#50 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 18 November 2017 - 14:14

Great news can't wait...

yedwwtfx.gif

#51 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 18 November 2017 - 14:24

I'm going to guess it is going to cost as much as their other titles, and I have no problem with that.

Yep!  That's how the inverse law of supply and demand has always worked. The supplier has to make economic judgements but the customer always has the last word. Hooray for democracy and the individual's freedom of choice.

:icon_e_smile:

#52 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 14:30

Multi player beta testing! 

Even if it was only the DR1 vs the Camel that would certainly spring a few wallets open. 

I think commitment to development is the key though. 

We don't want a repeat performance, right. 

If the new RoF has super flight modelling and this is easy to prove with some dev blog stuff...

old RoF.... a bit too toyish...

new Rof... mmm serious detail in flight modelling. 

New RoF needs to be the same but BETTER.  Can they deliver this? 

I guess that is what armchair engineers are expecting. 

PC's are much stronger now and some extra calculations would definitely make people take notice. 

Proper damage models too. Actual bullets cutting cables, struts etc. Get real damage not just "hit box" damage.  

All of the 'simplified" stuff should be upgraded to "more complex".... 

imagine the actual bullets making proper holes in things. gosh. "look at that hole, just missed the fuel tank by a hair..." etc.

yes. yes yes. 

S! P

PS Iron sights for side arms! or a better sight picture at least, that old one is naff...

-

Captured again!

#53 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 18 November 2017 - 14:35

Maybe I should have been more clear: Shut up and take my money :icon_lol:

#54 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 14:46

Proper turbulence from things being on fire!  

Shock waves from exploding trains! 

Ability to take out tracers in the belts! ( now you can't see me shooting clear across the map...) 

Fix the "wheels of doom" issue... 

Make the DR1 actually less indestructible....  ( Just got run over by a cement truck .... blinking DR1's...)

Trimming the plane with ballast!  ( on the ground only though not in the air...) 

Setting your sights proper like! ( see above) 

Please make it more real.

Make it as real as you can. 

Go stupid on real. 

We want REALLY REAL. It has to be a SIMULATION ! 

Real pilots must nod and say "heck this is really good". 

This is what I want at any rate: 

"so blinking real you can smell the crumpets toasting"

- Plank sometime today  19/11/17

S! P

-

Captured again!

#55 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 18 November 2017 - 14:54

Pretty sure the price point is going to be $470.  $400 of that being the vr headset~

#56 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 18 November 2017 - 15:20

How much sooner will you get it? Worried about shortages? From what I read, it will have little to offer anyone not planning to invest in VR, and I wouldn't expect any FM corrections.

Dx11 and 64bit engine for better performance and visuals.
Skins that don't disappear for a sec when you look at plane.

Better AI.
Engine variants as field mods. Devs can add new engines as mods to existing plane later without releasing new plane.

Recent changes to BoS FM engine means they will have to at least look again at FMs.

Reuniting with parts of RoF community who went BoS (Fickeren, Gunsmith, Doc Zebra, Syndicate, remnants of Hellequins...) and better acess to BoS community.

Becoming part of product that's being updated, bugs fixed, FMs periodically reworked , devs reading forums and encouraging feedback. 

Opportunity to whine about WW1s FMs at forum that mods do read.

Known RoF MP bugs not present, and new bugs being adressed.

By their development cycle so far, planes will be available as soon as they are ported to BoX. We should be able to host first WW1 airquakes on Lapino Ardennes map couple of months after development starts. 

Most heated discussions moving to forum moderated by someone who isn't me ... ok, that's wishlisting  :icon_lol: .

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#57 Kelp44

Kelp44
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 November 2017 - 15:32

Don’t whine cheap skates, everybody will get a discount, say + 1 year after release date (+2020?) 40/50 % off, so all you need is wait it out.
The lot of us will have the real deal while FC WIP’s LOL, 2018/19 ...

Pretty sure the price point is going to be $470.  $400 of that being the vr headset~

And a new rig to play it with the frame rate needed )))

#58 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 18 November 2017 - 17:09

A.S.A.P. As soon as possible to pre-order I will do it. To support :)

#59 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 18 November 2017 - 18:39

Wonderful news!    Jasta 5 will be there!  We look forward to continuing our support of the WWI flight sim community.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#60 szelljr

szelljr

Posted 18 November 2017 - 18:51

...So it s time for uninstal my ROF. "New" ROF is comming, whith nothing new,or interesting...exept DX11. I will buy if the price will be.....5 $.. :angry:

#61 juanfrank

juanfrank

Posted 18 November 2017 - 18:53

Wonderful news, ww1 skies will be crowded again.

#62 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 18 November 2017 - 20:49

...So it s time for uninstal my ROF. "New" ROF is comming, whith nothing new,or interesting...exept DX11. I will buy if the price will be.....5 $.. :angry:

Then you had better hope that lots of other people support it, because you won’t be getting anything new or interesting if this isn’t a financial success.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#63 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 18 November 2017 - 21:06

Could think of a bunch of new things such as damage model improvements, flight model improvements, potential to eventually expand to aircraft we currently don't have, and bug fixes; just to name a few off the top of my head.  Oh and and no more newbs asking: "how do I start my engine."

#64 closed_accont

closed_accont

Posted 18 November 2017 - 21:33

what to say? awesome beyonde expectations.

hey Plank I can teach you to fly Dolphins if you want.... don't you mess with it, let the Dolphins alone...

cheers

#65 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 18 November 2017 - 23:33

Could think of a bunch of new things such as damage model improvements, flight model improvements, potential to eventually expand to aircraft we currently don't have, and bug fixes; just to name a few off the top of my head.  Oh and and no more newbs asking how do I start my engine.

Why would they want to start your engine, they should learn to start their own first.

#66 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 19 November 2017 - 00:21

I must admit I will miss the low flying steamers flying West over the mud... :icon_lol:

#67 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:28

We're still gonna have newbies flying comets. won't we?

#68 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:53

@GusGt  would you really choose a Dolphin over an N28 ?

At least the N28 is FUN and the SOUND!!!

bbbrrrr pap pap pa pap pap pap Prrrraaaaa bbbbb bb b b b b b b BRRRRRRAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAPPPPPP aaaaAAAAaaaAAAaaaaaa.... pap pap pap ... Glorious!

The TZ 750 of Nieuports....

slightly off topic but heck.

https://youtu.be/-0B...iqF4a1A?t=121  

if only it had a gear box....

Salute! To the future!

Planky.

-

Captured again!

#69 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 November 2017 - 14:14

As a Central only flier, I'd rather see a N28 over the Dolphin.

With the right pilot a Dolphin can be quite a challenge in an Alby

sig.png

#70 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 19 November 2017 - 14:45

As a Central only flier, I'd rather see a N28 over the Dolphin.

With the right pilot a Dolphin can be quite a challenge in an Alby

I'm not sure you want that.  The ROF N28 is one of the most under-modeled aircraft that will hopefully be improved when it is added to Flying Circus.

#71 Cowboy10uk

Cowboy10uk
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 19 November 2017 - 19:28

:o ok I think I can honestly state I am completely and utterly surprised by this news. I honestly and truly believed that 777 had abandoned this community and the WW1 Genre for good.

I am very very very happy to be proved wrong in this respect, a 64bit WW1 sim with full VR capability is a dream come true, I just hope we get the full series and not just 1 volume.

I guess I better go and have a look at the work they have done with IL2 to see what sort of experience and polish we could possibly get.

Now what are the chances of my entire dream coming true and 777 manage to bring a full CO OP campaign along for the ride as well. ;)

Cowboy10uk

#72 JannickCarter

JannickCarter

Posted 19 November 2017 - 21:40

Better AI is what I am looking forward to most! I live in Asia and no one is awake to play online. I stopped playing solo because enemys  would just slowly circle down to the ground whenever I engage. Not exactly exciting dog-fighting.

Pre-order from me when it is available! 

#73 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:35

I'll pre-order on the first day!!!

I'm really hoping for not only better visuals, but:

- Better DM and gunnery: now you shoot off the wings with a 1 sec burst from 500 m. No need to aim for meet or metal.

- Better FM

- Better AI

- More complex simulation (even if not clickable cockpits, it would be nice to have something closer to reality than a "start engine" button)

#74 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:15

it would be nice to have something closer to reality than a "start engine" button

Would be nice, but this is how it is in BoX too. Press E and watch all the buttons being pushed, pumps operated and whatnot... I don't expect it to be otherwise with FC.

#75 US103_Hall

US103_Hall
  • LocationSan Tan Valley, Arizona

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:38

- Better FM

Jason said in his Q&A that the FMs will be the same as RoF. Whatever issues aircraft have here, they will have over there as well.

Join the USAS Today!

http://us103.enjin.com/

#76 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:43

OK, OK, better DM at least, then :) Now it's a lot more arcade than what we had earlier in the years.

#77 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:15

- Better DM and gunnery: now you shoot off the wings with a 1 sec burst from 500 m. No need to aim for meet or metal.

What ?

My wings come off easily enough as it is thank you very much :P

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#78 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:41

OK, OK, better DM at least, then :) Now it's a lot more arcade than what we had earlier in the years.

Interesting,
how earlier DM was more realistic , examples pleas ,thx.

34zg6jd.jpg

#79 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 20 November 2017 - 13:23

I mean in reality you really had to aim for the pilot, the fuel tank or the engine, because if you hit elsewhere, chances where the bullet just passed through canvas and empty air. Towards the end of the development they changed the DM and now wings are so fragile that 90% of my kills are wing rip-offs. This is not realistic at all. There is a MOD out there that fixes this issue, but I wish it was so in the mods off game.

#80 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 November 2017 - 14:11

Hey, I’d be all for better DMs! I also would like better damage effects. Like maybe re-worked oil splatter and more varied sound effects. I have fantasies of seeing splinters fly when struts get hit, and hearing ripping canvas noises when bullets pass through canvas. In reality, I think we’ll have to wait a bit for stuff like that though. At least it’s a possibility for these things to get updated - more than we could say 1 week ago! :)

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users