Throttel, Mixture and rad.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:02

Hi chaps,

Just asking if any of you think a cheapo Flight Quadrant will be good to have.

One like this: https://www.kiwigame...rant-31176.html

Salute!

Stumble.

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#2 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:40

PZ45-001-Saitek-PRO-Flight-Throttle-Quad

I've got the Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, which you will notice from the image above is rather identical, unless am mistaken believe its the same product just under Logitech name rather than Saitek. Before getting this I was using keys and the scroll wheel like axis on my Microsoft Sidewinder Freestyle Pro so this has been an great improvement. I dare say I do not need to explain why that's an improvement. It's been fantastic, great purchase, would love to have another for the Felixstowe. :icon_lol:

You can swap those knobs around, and you get supplied with an extra blue, an extra red, an extra black, plus another kind of bar knob that spans all three levers. Which is great as you can mimic to some extent the layout in your plane, for example when I use the Sopwith Pup I set my black knob on the left lever and blue knob on the right lever because in the Sopwith pup the throttle quadrant has the throttle lever to the left of the mixture lever, but when I use the Strutter which has its throttle quadrant on the right of the cockpit and has the throttle lever to the right of the mixture lever then I put the blue knob on the left hand lever and black knob on right hand lever, oh and I mount the whole quadrant to my right too. And those knobs just lift off easily so can be changed quick, some people seem to have made great knobs for them.

I think my sole "complaint" so far on the thing is that I would rather have the reverse thrust detent button things (the throttle when brought below 0 to the red lines activates an button press) at the top rather than bottom as that would better replicate "pushing the throttle through the gate" on some planes. Oh and I guess the ease with which you can lift the knobs off its also an kinda double edged sword in that I can't mount the whole quadrant upside down a la Handley Page..... Because I would if I could. :icon_e_smile:

Among the best computer peripherals I've bought, behind the Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, and maybe tied with my EdTracker. :icon_e_smile:

#3 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:14

Can't comment on the particular product, but I think it would be a great idea Stumble - go for it !

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#4 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 16 November 2017 - 14:26

Looks decent value and useful. Do make sure to get the model that goes up to 11 though

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

#5 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:45

Thanks guys! Am definatly gonna consider buying one.

Just after I get enough dough together. My wallets quite empty at the moment after purchasing my killer gaming PC. ;)

Salute!

Stumble.

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#6 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:55

Logitech bought Saitek, hence the confusion. They still sell Saitek labelled stuff.

I'm on my second one. First started spiking. I know cover it when not in use to reduce the dust it collects. Same with joystick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users