Photo
- - - - -

PWCG 3.3.2 Released

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#41 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 28 November 2017 - 15:53

Did you click the "Fly mission" button first, without clicking on "accept mission" first?  I get the error message when clicking on "accept mission" and when clicking "Fly mission", so it never takes me back to RoF to try see what happens - basically the only choice at that point is to exit out of PWCG and then go exit out of RoF.

Ok, I went back and tried it again and as Panther says, "Accepting Mission" and "Fly Mission" both kick the error message. I tried to fly the mission manually it will not start or run in ROF. Back to 3.0.1 I guess because I could at least run the missions manually and have a Campaign work.

S!Blade<><

#42 71st_AH_Mastiff

71st_AH_Mastiff

Posted 29 November 2017 - 00:32

all of a sudden I'm missing these skins I have re-down loaded them and reinstalled them and still get the same missing skins.

It's like it doesn't want me using PWCG skins.

Attached File  MissingSkinReport_201711281611310.txt   142.6KB   10 downloads

Attached File  PWCGErrorLog.txt   3.15KB   5 downloads

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back " 
Asus-z370 MH WiFi||i7x8700k.4.2GHz/H100iv2||DDR4-32GB-3300||GTX 1080-8gb|| AX1200 Corsair||Turtle Beach TAC||Win7x64pro||TrackIr 4 Pro/ir||Gladiator mki pro||MFG||X55||G15 Kybd/Mouse||32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

#43 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:27

all of a sudden I'm missing these skins I have re-down loaded them and reinstalled them and still get the same missing skins.

It's like it doesn't want me using PWCG skins.

attachicon.gifMissingSkinReport_201711281611310.txt

attachicon.gifPWCGErrorLog.txt

Maybe you should check where they are installed - perhaps something went wrong during the unzip/install process and you wound up with a double/extra folder name in the mix or something.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 65.jpg

#44 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:31

Hey,

I want to try out PWCG. I downloaded the latest and had the same problem as you guys.

I don't know much about this so it could well be that i'm doing something wrong but as I can see you are all having the same problem.

Im wondering what is the latest working version? Heres the site: http://www.pwcampaig...pwcg/downloads/

Salute!

Stumble.

p.s How do I make a banner for my posts?

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#45 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:05

Maybe you should check where they are installed - perhaps something went wrong during the unzip/install process and you wound up with a double/extra folder name in the mix or something.

I have the exact same issue, with the exact same skins. I downloaded all the skin packs from Pat's site and there does seem to be some skins missing from the packs

sig.png

#46 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:07

Hey,

I want to try out PWCG. I downloaded the latest and had the same problem as you guys.

I don't know much about this so it could well be that i'm doing something wrong but as I can see you are all having the same problem.

Im wondering what is the latest working version? Heres the site: http://www.pwcampaig...pwcg/downloads/

Salute!

Stumble.

p.s How do I make a banner for my posts?

2.1.2 is the last working version

sig.png

#47 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 02 December 2017 - 17:49

So I have checked out 3.0.2 and the mission generator definitely works. 

What is not working is the GUI mod.  When I try that I get a script error "file not found" error for a tmp file.  This is happening in the GUI mod and I have no idea why.  I'm wondering if the GUI mod was updated for the last release.

Does 2.1.2 really still work with the GUI mod?  If the issue is a version problem, it should not.

#48 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 December 2017 - 19:45

Does 2.1.2 really still work with the GUI mod?  If the issue is a version problem, it should not.

It does for me

#49 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 02 December 2017 - 20:14

So I have checked out 3.0.2 and the mission generator definitely works. 

What is not working is the GUI mod.  When I try that I get a script error "file not found" error for a tmp file.  This is happening in the GUI mod and I have no idea why.  I'm wondering if the GUI mod was updated for the last release.

Pat - the GUI mod wasn't (didn't need to be) modified for the last skin pack release/update (they didn't change the version number), and when I looked inside it with the tools AnKor provided a while back I didn't see anything wrong-looking (it still seemed to be instructed to look for the right PWCGRoF.exe file in the right PWCGCampaign folder), and it seemed to be working OK with versions prior to 3.0.2, so I don't know what might be causing this latest problem.  I haven't had a chance to go back and re-install those older versions to test it, but I'll try to do that later today.

[EDIT]  OK - ran some more tests, and I could not make any of the 3.x versions work properly with the Gui Mod that came with them, but 2.1.2 is working just fine with the GUI Mod that came with it.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#50 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 02 December 2017 - 22:48

Thanks - good info.  No bleepin idea why it is not working but at least I know it's my fault (a good thing)

#51 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 02 December 2017 - 23:21

Yep, I installed 3.02 with the GUI mod that came with it and then went back to 2.1.2 without changing GUI back and 2.1.2 works fine. 

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#52 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 December 2017 - 23:24

The GUI has not changed since the last RoF version update and then the minor edit for PWCG Ver2 I did when you changed to ROFData. Its still the same file that is packed with PWCG. 2.1.2 and 3.0.2

The GUI hooks into PWCG to launch PWCG and then to accept the mission. If the code for PWCG has changed significantly then the GUI may need to be updated.

Panther have you got a copy of Ankors source.

I lost my copy in a HDD failure not long ago.

sig.png

#53 McMinstrel

McMinstrel
  • LocationAnn Arbor Michigan

Posted 02 December 2017 - 23:43

Pat,

Just a quick question.  I see that you are now using json files rather than txt.  Also, in the skin files you have added a couple of categories (configured in game and unconfigured).  Can these files still be edited without messing up the file system?  I have been working on French aces not included in the game and need to edit these files in order to test them (add skins, dates, units, medals, etc.).

Thanks for your continued efforts.  I thought you were going on vacation...

~M~

"If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy."

#54 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:51

Just like the previous files, the JSON files can be edited, provided the format is valid.  One good thing about the JSON files is that you can use Notepad++ for contextual editing.

#55 McMinstrel

McMinstrel
  • LocationAnn Arbor Michigan

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:27

Thanks, Pat.  I thought that was the case but I wanted to be sure.  Good thing I've used Notepad++ for years  :icon_e_smile:

~M~

"If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy."

#56 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:55

Back to the GUI mod - I installed PWCG 2.1.2 and I got the same windows script host code 80070002 that I was getting with 3.0.2.  You guys are reporting that reverting to 2.1.2 solves this problem?  Are we experiencing different problems?

#57 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:15

Back to the GUI mod - I installed PWCG 2.1.2 and I got the same windows script host code 80070002 that I was getting with 3.0.2.  You guys are reporting that reverting to 2.1.2 solves this problem?  Are we experiencing different problems?

Can't say, as I don't understand what problems you are encountering with 2.1.2.  I am not encountering any apparent problems with 2.1.2 at all, whereas with the 3.x versions I am encountering a couple of different issues (one or more of the 3.x versions crashes inside PWCG when trying to create a mission, and one or more others appears to generate the mission correctly and returns to RoF only to sit there endlessly displaying the message about waiting for the next mission).

#58 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:47

When I press "PWCG" from the RoF menu I get a windows error popup that says

Windows Script Host

Script: C:/rof/data/~tmp12345.vbs not found.

Line 22
Char 1
Error: The system cannot find the specified file

Code: 80070002 

Source: (null)

This is neither RoF nor PWCG putting up the error.  It is a failure to execute a vbs script, presumably from the invocation from interface.gfx to PWCG.  I always though that this resulted from the game and GUI mod being out of sync.

It sounds like I am having an entirely different issue than everybody else.

#59 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:03

When I press "PWCG" from the RoF menu I get a windows error popup that says

Windows Script Host

Script: C:/rof/data/~tmp12345.vbs not found.

Line 22
Char 1
Error: The system cannot find the specified file

Code: 80070002 

Source: (null)

This is neither RoF nor PWCG putting up the error.  It is a failure to execute a vbs script, presumably from the invocation from interface.gfx to PWCG.  I always though that this resulted from the game and GUI mod being out of sync.

It sounds like I am having an entirely different issue than everybody else.

Yeah - I'm not having any problems going from RoF to PWCG using the RoF menu button with any of the 3.x versions (as far as I recall - I can test it again tomorrow to make sure) - the problems I'm having with the 3.x versions is either inside PWCG or after I leave PWCG and get back to RoF to try to fly the mission in RoF.

#60 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 03 December 2017 - 15:57

Here is the skinny!

2.1.2 > ROF>GUI into PWCG> Create Campaign> Create Mission> Briefing> Map> Pilot Selection> Fly Mission> Back to ROF> Mission Loads> Fly & Complete Mission> ROF loads back to PWCG> AAR> Cycle complete.  Everything works

3.0    > ROF>GUI into PWCG> Create Campaign> Mission will not create & it shows error message  The mission was never created in ROF/datat/missions

3.0.1 > ROF>GUI into PWCG> Create Campaign> Create Mission> Briefing> Map> Pilot Selection> Fly Mission> Back to ROF> ROF is waiting for mission> Mission never loads in ROF. The mission was created in ROF/datat/missions.

3.0.2 > ROF>GUI into PWCG> Create Campaign> Create Mission> Briefing> Map> Pilot Selection> Fly Mission and/or Accept mission shows the error code  The Mission was never created in ROF/data/mission

Patrick if you need the specific error message file from any of these versions, please let me know and I will send them tomorrow. I am using the same GUI interface file for all versions that I tested. That GUI Interface file is from version 3.0.2 .

I have all PWCG folders in my ROF root folder with the appropriate version number in front of PWCGCampaign, i.e 3.0.2PWCGCampaign when I am not using it. I hope this helps figure out the problem. Thanks for your continued efforts

to advance PWCG ROF. :icon_e_salute:

S!Blade<><

#61 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 December 2017 - 18:10

At the moment PWCG from the GUI mod does not work for me.  I just spent a couple of hours reinstalling every windows update ever made and also running a full virus scan ... no luck.  Something happened on my system but this error has so many possible causes that it may as well say "Something on your system is f***ed.  Good luck."

I will try reinstalling RoF.

#62 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 December 2017 - 19:36

See your PM Pat.

I have found something

sig.png

#63 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 December 2017 - 20:09

I am just pissed off beyond all comprehension.  Reinstalled RoF and it won't even run.  Bitching about installed mods after a clean install.  F it.

SteveF did come up with an issue and I will fix it and cross my fingers, but tat this point I can't even run RoF.  

#64 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 03 December 2017 - 20:17

I am just pissed off beyond all comprehension. Reinstalled RoF and it won't even run. Bitching about installed mods after a clean install. F it.

SteveF did come up with an issue and I will fix it and cross my fingers, but tat this point I can't even run RoF.

Step away from the computer Sir. Take a break for while. Make sure you installed the required Direct X 9c I think and the proper Dot Net. Even if you DX 11 or 12 still find the DX 9c and run it, it will only add missing DX 9 files. AFAIK the most current Dot Net install should include everything to run Dot Net for ROF.
These are the most things to make ROF not run. Good luck Sir.

S!Blade<><

#65 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:01

Also, don't forget to do an update and then a recovery from the launcher (people have been getting errors if they've forgotten/neglected to go get the little update for the skin pack release a few months ago).

#66 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 04 December 2017 - 13:18

I asked SteveF for this in a PM, but I thought asking the same here might be a good thing:

Can somebody please post the latest interface.gfx file.  I'm pretty sure that the one that I have is not the right one.

Thanks,

#67 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 04 December 2017 - 13:31

This is the one I have been using in the latest test I did which worked in all of the above posted versions. Hope this helps Patrick. Did you get ROF running again Sir???

S!Blade<><

https://www.dropbox....terface.7z?dl=0

#68 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 04 December 2017 - 13:52

GUI mod use has been fixed.  This will be available in 3.0.3, hopefully by this weekend.  Big thank you to SteveF for all of his help with this.

#69 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 04 December 2017 - 18:02

Great news Pat!

#70 simee

simee
  • Locationlondon

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:29

HI all i am going to try yo install pwcg for the first time (so much chatching up to do in rof for me) i have looked at the" HOW TO INSTALL PWCG LINK" and was wondering as there have been quite a few updates in past years .... does the install procedure remain the same or is there another updated link that explains it? ps is it possible to import other peoples missions/ careers or campaign they have created as would love to see static planes v5 working some how on my pc thanks guys

#71 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 09 December 2017 - 16:22

Nothing has changed over the years so the tutorial should still be current.

However I would wait for PWCG 3.0.3 as there are issues with the latest version of PWCG

sig.png

#72 simee

simee
  • Locationlondon

Posted 09 December 2017 - 17:24

ok thanks steve and would you happen to know if its possible to use jsgme mod prog to install pwcg or does it allway have to be manual install into main rof folders?

#73 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 09 December 2017 - 20:23

Do it manually, just unzip to your RoF folder.

The benefit of JSGME is the easy and quick way to move complicated mods in and out.

However PWCG is self contained and can be removed easily enough

Plus I dont think JSGME would remove and save your campaigns 

sig.png

#74 mickmannock

mickmannock

Posted 10 December 2017 - 19:43

Ok will wait for updated 3.3 and install as you say cheers for your advice.

#75 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:44

Hey.

Is it working yet?

s!

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#76 Jara4

Jara4

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:41

I’m getting the same. Errors when accepting or hitting fly.

I am getting the same error with 3.0.2:

https://www.dropbox....rorLog.txt?dl=0

I am getting following error for any strategic bomber pilot (Gotha, Handley Page, Ilya Muromets):

Attached Files

#77 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:32

Got a fix for that.  I ran a Gotha mission to make sure.

#78 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:24

Is there a 3.0.3 coming out still or was there a workaround I am missing for 3.0.2?

#79 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:40

No workaround,.  3.1 (up a minor version because it has some new features) should be available on Saturday.  

#80 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 15 December 2017 - 14:30

I love good judgment in version numbering. In lesser hands we would be on version 37.8.4 already. Looking forward to try out the new version!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users