Photo
- - - - -

Trying to play PWCG missions as co-op missions online.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 manzanita

manzanita

Posted 03 November 2017 - 00:49

Hello, 

I'm trying to host PWCG missions with my buddies, however, everytime my buddies load in into the slot screen it shows up grayed out for them and they can't select a pilot/slot. Does anyone know how to fix this?

edit: I was told I had to edit the name of person in my squad to name of my buddy but I don't know how to do that. 

#2 manzanita

manzanita

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:35

Turns out my buddy did not have the plane unlocked for the mission. I'm still trying to figure out how to add their names to my squadron. 

#3 Rob1639

Rob1639

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:41

Hello, 

I'm trying to host PWCG missions with my buddies, however, everytime my buddies load in into the slot screen it shows up grayed out for them and they can't select a pilot/slot. Does anyone know how to fix this?

edit: I was told I had to edit the name of person in my squad to name of my buddy but I don't know how to do that. 

incorrect.

You need to edit the configuration option "Use Coop" to be 1. Then when you go to run the mission it should show up in the list of missions when you run a coop mission.

#4 manzanita

manzanita

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:04

incorrect.

You need to edit the configuration option "Use Coop" to be 1. Then when you go to run the mission it should show up in the list of missions when you run a coop mission.

Thanks. How would I go about adding all my friends into my squadron? 

#5 Mertons

Mertons
  • LocationSpain

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:44

Thanks. How would I go about adding all my friends into my squadron? 

Hi there! A few years ago, 1PL-Husar made a great guide to fly PWCG online with squad mates, posted here:
https://riseofflight...-pwcg/?p=624537

As it seems not to be available anymore, all I can offer you is the Spanish translation I did of Husar work (I suspect you'll welcome this  :icon_lol: ):
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

If you aren't familiar with Spanish, maybe you can ask Husar for the original English guide.

Hope this helps

:icon_e_salute:

#6 Rob1639

Rob1639

Posted 12 November 2017 - 13:55

The only pilot that you have direct  control over the name is the main one that the campaign is named after. The remainder are stored in a file called  XXXXX.campaign where XXXX is the name of the main pilot.

For example the current campaign that I am running for my Squadron is "Jock McLuckie.campaign" and the file is found @ C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\PWCGCampaign\Campaigns\Jock McLuckie

In the file you will need to edit each pilots name. Open it with Notepad++ The file will have an entry for every pilot alive or dead, in your squadron or who has passed through your squadron. When a pilot dies (which will happen almost every mission) you will need to go back into this file and edit the name of the replacement if you want to keep up the matched names.  It is far easier to just assign each player a character that they fly, I keep an excel spreadsheet and our squad site is "Character Friendly" so I just assign the name and they make a character, when they sign  up for a mission I just look at the list of characters who are flying and make sure they are in the mission.

Name = "Jock McLuckie";  Name of the main Character and campaign, set when you create the campaign.
Date = 29/03/1917;
Squad  = 102201;  Squadron number, you will need to use this to search for members of your squadron
Status = 0;
isGreatAce = 0;

Pilots
{

Pilot
  {
    Name = "Bernard Hammer"; this is the name you need to change, don't change the entry that has the same name as the campaign or it will crash.
    Rank = "Flight Lieutenant";
    Picture = "British024.jpg";
    Region = "";
    Status = 0;
    Missions = 41;
    Squad  = 102201;
    Aggressiveness = 0;
    Skill = 4;
    Sense = 0;
    Skins
    {
        Skin
        {
           Name = "N17B_PW_GB1_A2_E";
           Plane = "nieuport17brit";
           Country = "Britain";
           Squadron = 102001;
           StartDate = 01/01/1916;
           EndDate = 26/08/1917;
           DefinedInGame = 0;

There will be ten entries for your squadron initially, as pilots are wounded, killed or transferred out the file will grow and have dozens of pilot entries. Each pilot record will grow with each victory and medal awarded until the file is thousands of lines long.  Good luck and have fun with your friends!

#7 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 12 November 2017 - 23:27

Guide was made in 2015 - PWCG for sure changed since then, but you can try.

S!

Attached Files

34zg6jd.jpg

#8 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 18 November 2017 - 19:38

Guide was made in 2015 - PWCG for sure changed since then, but you can try.

S!

Don't think that aspect has changed.

#9 Mertons

Mertons
  • LocationSpain

Posted 18 November 2017 - 20:33

Don't think that aspect has changed.

In fact it has, Pat  :D . In last version of your PWCG all the campaign files have changed to *.json. But the guide is still valid, taking into account that the file to modify now is \PWCGCampaign\Campaigns\<your_pilot>\CampaignPersonnel.json. Edit it with notepad++ (or wahtever), and you'll find something like this:

{
  "campaignMembers": {
    "Joachim Herkenhoff": {
      "name": "Joachim Herkenhoff",
      "rank": "Oberleutnant",
      "picName": "German119.jpg",
      "pilotActiveStatus": 0,
      "country": "GERMANY",
      "missionFlown": 32,
      "aggressiveness": 0,
      "skill": 2,
      "commonSense": 0,
      "skins": [],
      "victories": [],
      "groundVictories": [],
      "medals": [
        {
          "medalDate": "19160901",
          "medalName": "Pilots Badge",
          "medalImage": "PB.jpg"
        }
      ],
      "playerRegion": "",
      "isPlayer": false,
      "squadronId": 501003,
      "squadronMemberRole": "PILOT"

The field "name" is the one you'll want to modify to include your squad mates, one pilot for each mate you want.

Regards

EDIT: After editing the CampaignPersonnel.json, the new names are showed in the roster ins PWCG, but every attemp to generate a new mission  gives an error, so this method is not working. I will report to Pat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users