- - - - -

License Key issue

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Briareos

Briareos

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:34

Account has 6 activated license keys -

yet logging into the games start page produces the error message "#5 - License key not activated." and does not continue onto the game.

Please help

#2 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:51

Are you signed in with the same account you activated the keys in the first place?

Im not sure about much else so im not much help :)

Salute!

Stumble.

Its actually an Honor to get stung by a bee.

It hates you so much, that its willing to die just

to cause you a mild amount of pain.

#3 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:27

Six license keys ?

Did you purchase any of them yourself or buy 2nd hand from someone who told you it would work ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#4 Highrisedrifter

Highrisedrifter

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:24

Six license keys ?

Did you purchase any of them yourself or buy 2nd hand from someone who told you it would work ?

Probably the six keys for the three planes and accompanying mods, like my account has. I also do not have a serial key to actually play the game.

#5 leo1954

leo1954

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:28

I paid for ROF way back in 2011 I think and the name of the install.exe says rise of flight channel battles but after installing it and updating the game extras that came with the channel battles are not there and license key that I have just says invalid key when I try to enter it but I still have the extra planes that I got with the ice upgrade kit

#6 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 17 December 2017 - 15:30

I paid for ROF way back in 2011 I think and the name of the install.exe says rise of flight channel battles but after installing it and updating the game extras that came with the channel battles are not there and license key that I have just says invalid key when I try to enter it but I still have the extra planes that I got with the ice upgrade kit

It'll be a database update issue. Explain the problem at https://riseofflight.com/support/ and they should fix it eventually.

#7 leo1954

leo1954

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:06

It'll be a database update issue. Explain the problem at https://riseofflight.com/support/ and they should fix it eventually.

Contacted support about my problem but they want a photo of box and licence key but since I purchased it online so have now way of doing so

#8 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:48

Seeing then as you state you purchased online you must have had an email sent to you by them (or maybe from the third party vendors that I've read used to exist) as proof of purchase. I do not think I've ever shopped anywhere online and not received such emails including from Rise of Flight. I've just been here since 2014 which I think was after ICE and CBE existed, though I cannot imagine any kind of proof of purchase was not provided back then, but maybe some other old hands can confirm otherwise.

Also for more information on this players problems for those that do not frequent the steam boards.

You only have an licence key that you wrote down in an text document, which on trying to use informs you that keys already been used (to paraphrase), and you so far have no other proof of purchase. Given an similar situation in the retail store I work for I would be rather sceptical also to be honest.

#9 leo1954

leo1954

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:17

Read my post:  I did not say it was telling my the key had already been use,  I said I'm assuming it will not except my key because I had registered it before and yes I went back and checked my emails and I received and email  4/1/2011 and all it has is my email address,  password and key number and that all.

And like I've already said every time I try to use the key it says invalid key number

EDIT: just released the key I have is not for the game itself but the demo Ice upgrade, Cannot understand why my original exe file that I downloaded says channelbattles.exe if it was only a demo version been 6 years since I first played ROF that I cannot remember

#10 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:27

Read my post: I did not say it was telling my the key had already been use, I said I'm assuming it will not except my key because I had registered it before.

I read and understood your post on steam, was paraphrasing what you said on there and taking your assumption to be correct. But yes I did miss the "invalid key" part written on this thread

And yes I went back and checked my emails and I received an email 4/1/2011 and all it has is my email address, password and key number and that all.

But I imagine that would have provided the proof that you needed to be sent to support. Surely an email from them sent to your Rise of Flight accounts email address containing that licence key proves that you own that key. Assuming I understand you correct, bugger that it turns out that's the one for your ICE upgrade, assume your saying its the same one as in your text document?

Cannot understand why my original exe file that I downloaded says channelbattles.exe if it was only a demo version been 6 years since I first played ROF that I cannot remember.

And yeah me either. As was not around back then I've just been doing some searching to learn more about those editions and anything that might help. And did turn up this answer to someone from Trupobaw though. And also here's another similar one being answered including from Trupobaw again. So seems from those that maybe both ICE and CBE could not have existed together on your account. Agree the naming on the executable that you haves confusing indeed though. Maybe you did indeed have CBE also though (as mentioned in those threads) maybe linked to another account and email?

#11 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:32

The Steam version and the Webstore content are not compatible.

If you login into steam and download RoF and a DLC and login with your original login , you will not be able to use any of the webstore scontent (that includes ICE upgrades and any single aircraft your have bought.

sig.png

#12 leo1954

leo1954

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:01

The Steam version and the Webstore content are not compatible.

If you login into steam and download RoF and a DLC and login with your original login , you will not be able to use any of the webstore scontent (that includes ICE upgrades and any single aircraft your have bought.

Yes I know that's why I installed ROF from the old exe file that I had then the game updated to current version but I still have all the extra planes that came with the ice add on 

#13 leo1954

leo1954

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:11

Here is a screen shot of the install.exe ,  Don't know why it updates then reverts back to the free version

https://imageshack.com/i/po50LEqSj

#14 Birdcage

Birdcage

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:50

I just downloaded the Free-to-Play version, as haven't ever really played before, but have watched some on YouTube. Again, all was fine. I downloaded the manual, and it states to use the code  7777777777-77777-77777-77771 for the FTP version. I attempted to enter, but still get the invalid code. I have sent a note to the designers for help. I guess I will wait to see if they are able to fix this.

#15 rogger

rogger

Posted 06 February 2018 - 13:09

I just downloaded the Free-to-Play version, as haven't ever really played before, but have watched some on YouTube. Again, all was fine. I downloaded the manual, and it states to use the code  7777777777-77777-77777-77771 for the FTP version. I attempted to enter, but still get the invalid code. I have sent a note to the designers for help. I guess I will wait to see if they are able to fix this.

I have the same problem. Is the basic version of RoF no more free to play? Or is this Sim dead?

#16 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 06 February 2018 - 18:18

I have the same problem. Is the basic version of RoF no more free to play? Or is this Sim dead?

Not dead. No keys needed to be entered at all anymore I believe. Just create the account, verify the account with the email you receive, and then log in to the game. Was that way when I made an test account couple months ago.

The manual is an bit old now and not been updated, for account creation it's an bit obsolete, the information in there about how to play and etc continues to be correct though I believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users