* * * * * 3 votes

Join the US 103rd and JG1 for a Flyin on Thursday Evenings

• Please log in to reply
833 replies to this topic

#121 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:24

Hey guys! Had a lot of fun tonight! Here is tonight's archived livestream...in 3 parts. Yeah. Joystick still disconnecting. I will continue to work on fixing it!

Part 1
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217697841

Part 2
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217710281

Part 3
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217716707

On an aside note, my squadmate JG1_Barton is hanging up his virtual pilot's goggles soon due to real life concerns. I hope to be able to squeeze in a flight with him this Saturday, but in case I don't see him again, here's a heartfelt salute!!! One of the best fighter pilots I've had the honor to fly with/learn from. I'm gonna miss you man!  :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#122 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 12 January 2018 - 14:39

On an aside note, my squadmate JG1_Barton is hanging up his virtual pilot's goggles soon due to real life concerns. I hope to be able to squeeze in a flight with him this Saturday, but in case I don't see him again, here's a heartfelt salute!!! One of the best fighter pilots I've had the honor to fly with/learn from. I'm gonna miss you man!  :icon_e_salute:

Sad to hear that - Barton's 'hunt for the red eagle' videos got me into RoF! S and best of luck to him  :icon_e_salute:

4qqm3Za.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#123 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 January 2018 - 17:58

How did last night go, gents?

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#124 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 19 January 2018 - 18:16

It went well. About 35 in at max.  Adam and Shot cleaned up as usual. 

#125 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 19 January 2018 - 18:48

It went well. About 35 in at max.  Adam and Shot cleaned up as usual. 

Ahemm  cough cough....

It was a hotly contested battle with both sides doing their missions with great success and some losses.  Although recons were intercepted, enough got through to push both sides into new planes and new areas of battle.

In the end, the Central side, through skill and virtue, was victorious in two successive conflicts. 

That is my story and I am sticking to it.    :icon_e_salute:   

sig9.png

#126 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 January 2018 - 20:20

If it wasn't for the efforts of all of the 2 seaters, bombers and recons we wouldn't have won so quickly. 

#127 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 19 January 2018 - 20:35

Ahemm  cough cough....

It was a hotly contested battle with both sides doing their missions with great success and some losses.  Although recons were intercepted, enough got through to push both sides into new planes and new areas of battle.

In the end, the Central side, through skill and virtue, was victorious in two successive conflicts. 

Sort of reminds me of the super cops story in Beverly Hills Cop.

If it wasn't for the efforts of all of the 2 seaters, bombers and recons we wouldn't have won so quickly. 

Very PC and nice...you may have a chance to be our next President.

#128 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 19 January 2018 - 21:02

Sort of reminds me of the super cops story in Beverly Hills Cop.

Very PC and nice...you may have a chance to be our next President.

Lol, all fake news to me.

That SOB Adam got me twice, But I gave you guys a good fight on the last one. Next time I'll carry a wingman or 2 with me to even it up.

But I have to say you centerals did a good job, we were surprised at the outcome, we thought we had it in the bag. :icon_e_salute:

#129 sturtz

sturtz
  • LocationOklahoma. United States

Posted 19 January 2018 - 22:48

Sounds like big fun. Every Thursday night ? 

Sturtz

#130 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 January 2018 - 23:39

Yep! Currently, we alternate between Wargrounds and the Cuban-Syndicate server, so we’ll be on Cuban’s this Thursday. ;)

xAKPpvf.jpg

#131 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:10

Yep! Currently, we alternate between Wargrounds and the Cuban-Syndicate server, so we’ll be on Cuban’s this Thursday. ;)

Hey Hotlead,

Did you get your rudder pedals working again?

S!

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#132 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:33

Nope. They are dead. Dead as a doornail. However, a squadmate just messaged me to say he had a spare set that he would be willing to send me so...I may be airborne again sooner than I had expected! :)

xAKPpvf.jpg

#133 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:45

Awesome! I look forward to seeing your streams again :)

S!

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#134 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 22 January 2018 - 16:39

Ahemm  cough cough....

Filthy Hun propaganda! Not to be believed!! The Bosche got wind of a secret shipment of Schnapps and that is why they were so keen to advance on that sector!

S! Hunter

#135 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 22 January 2018 - 16:45

S!

German side may be understaffed this week due to some heavy hangovers.   :icon_e_smile:

sig9.png

#136 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 January 2018 - 17:05

S!

German side may be understaffed this week due to some heavy hangovers.   :icon_e_smile:

:icon_lol:

xAKPpvf.jpg

#137 sturtz

sturtz

Posted 22 January 2018 - 17:17

Which German planes are required Hotlead ?

Sturtz

#138 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 22 January 2018 - 18:06

Depends on the map that is running.  Alb DVa usually included unless it's an early war mission.

#139 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 January 2018 - 18:37

Depends on the map that is running.  Alb DVa usually included unless it's an early war mission.

Klugermann's right. Usually there is an Albatros D.Va available. However, if there is an early war mission running, it could be Albatros D.IIIs, Albatros D.IIs, Halberstadt D.IIs, or even Fokker E.IIIs. 

What aircraft do you have currently?

xAKPpvf.jpg

#140 sturtz

sturtz

Posted 22 January 2018 - 19:19

Dr1 ,, DVIIF,, EIII ,and the ones free with download including the DVa. 

Sturtz

#141 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 22 January 2018 - 19:35

Get all the Alb's and Halberstadt, both the scout and 2 seaters.

#142 sturtz

sturtz

Posted 23 January 2018 - 00:58

Got the DII and mods . I'll work on getting the DIII if I can. Big thanks to HotleadColdfeet for gifting me the Halberstadt DII.  "Salute mien bruder"

Sturtz

#143 US103_Hobbs

US103_Hobbs

Posted 24 January 2018 - 00:02

Very Niz HotCold!

#144 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:08

Hunter and I flew as a section in SPAD 7 150hp and got into some intense fights.  Ended the night on a positive note.

#145 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:20

Yes, was an interesting match up this week. Especially with limited numbers of better planes and entente having numerical advantage for a while.

I struggle with rotaries but still had some good scraps in a British N17. One fight had hits on 4 different E3s. They were everywhere!
~S!~

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

#146 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter

Posted 26 January 2018 - 13:50

We had a good 3 man patrol in the N11 at altitude we claimed two albatross scouts. Unfortunately I was not having a lucky night and got rammed at the end of this as well as the previous sortie. We took off again with two spads and an N17 and got jumped low by Hells Angel who defected to the German side for the night and he killed my pilot. I restarted my PC because of low frames and got back on when Furlow got home and we had a great SPAD sortie that ended in an extended duel with two competent albatross pilots whom we drove down. I think all parties were happy to be heading home. The SPAD 7 150 was a great plane when it came out in September of 1917.

It was overall a fun but frustrating time. The Nieuports are really no match for Albatross scouts if the pilots are equally skilled. I think the N11 has a better chance then the 17 in the game which is a shame really.

S!
Hunter

#147 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 26 January 2018 - 15:16

September 1916.  The first victory by a SPAD XIII was in June 1917. :icon_lol:

#148 sturtz

sturtz

Posted 26 January 2018 - 15:54

I jumped on TeamSpeak early and the Allied guys told me what I needed to know. Cuban was extremely helpful and a nice guy. Then I got on the German team which was out numbered and got the plan and fuel loadouts etc.

Was my first Thursday flight night with the gang. Had a blast. Headed out with 4 other Albatross DII's looking for targets of opportunity. We got jumped by a N.11 and Spad. Maybe more than two ,,,I was too busy turn fighting with a  good pilot. He stalled with a few of my hits in him so I got the kill. Hope the guys I danced with will shout out on here so I can BS with them some time. Second sortie I climbed high and watched for activity below. Got into a nice sized high alt furball on the way home. Dove out of it when it got too crazy. Had three fights that all lasted quite a long time and the pilots kicked arse. "Salute" ! 

Great guys all of 'em !

Sturtz

#149 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter

Posted 26 January 2018 - 16:30

September 1916.  The first victory by a SPAD XIII was in June 1917. :icon_lol:

That was a typo, I meant 1916.

#150 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 26 January 2018 - 16:50

That was a typo, I meant 1916.

That is what I figured, but I didn't want people to think the plane set was skewed in favor of the Allies. :icon_e_smile:  Seeing EIII's while flying a SPAD 7 150hp makes me very happy. :icon_lol:

#151 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 26 January 2018 - 17:12

Gutted I missed it this week - I always enjoy the Thursday fly-in! Oh well - next week, for sure  :icon_e_biggrin:

4qqm3Za.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#152 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 January 2018 - 20:53

Gutted I missed it this week - I always enjoy the Thursday fly-in! Oh well - next week, for sure  :icon_e_biggrin:

Ditto! As a lot of you probably know, my rudder pedals died. However, a generous squadmate loaned me a spare set of rudder pedals until the Crosswinds I ordered come in so...I will be back in the air again!!!  :icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_e_biggrin: Got my calendar marked for next Thursday for sure!  :icon_mad:

BTW, thanks so much to JG1_Razwald for loaning me the pedals and thanks to JG1_Luftritter for working to try and resurrect my dead set. I'm floored by your generosity. You guys are the best!!! :icon_e_salute:

xAKPpvf.jpg

#153 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 27 January 2018 - 13:07

I jumped on TeamSpeak early and the Allied guys told me what I needed to know. Cuban was extremely helpful and a nice guy. Then I got on the German team...

.....Hope the guys I danced with will shout out on here so I can BS with them some time.

Hi Sturtz. Here's one of your dances :icon_e_salute:

https://riseofflight...gs/#entry689701

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

#154 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 January 2018 - 18:51

Hey guys!

Over the next couple weeks, I'll be producing a cinematic flight sim video for our Thursday night flights on Wargrounds. If you guys would want to send me the raw flight tracks of your best Thursday night moments, I'll add 'em to the video! :D

Well, it was a little longer than a few weeks, but I am finally done with it!  :icon_e_smile:  Here it is.

xAKPpvf.jpg

#155 TheBlackFalcon

TheBlackFalcon
  • LocationMineola, NY USA

Posted 31 January 2018 - 20:29

I just sent off this beautiful video to four ladies I know, all of whom expressed interest in this type of simulation.

Who knows... Maybe I'll get my Blue Flight at the 103rd all filled out with women bomber pilots.

:icon_e_smile:

Black Falcon

#156 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:59

Hey guys! Had a great time flying this evening at the Thursday night fly-in! Here is the archived livestream:

Cuban will probably get a kick out of the first minute of the stream. :icon_lol:

xAKPpvf.jpg

#157 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:27

Flight sim blogger ShamrockOneFive wrote a really nice article promoting our event. Check it out! :D
https://stormbirds.b...flight-battles/

xAKPpvf.jpg

#158 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:10

Lots of action on Cuban's server this evening! Here is the archived livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/227128859

xAKPpvf.jpg

#159 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:04

Flight sim blogger ShamrockOneFive wrote a really nice article promoting our event. Check it out! :D
https://stormbirds.b...flight-battles/

That is cool! Congrats! I'm not having much time to fly late at night but I'll try next time. These get together are important.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#160 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter

Posted 12 February 2018 - 13:58

Good times as usual! See you all Thursday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users