Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Join the US 103rd and JG1 for a Flyin on Thursday Evenings

• Please log in to reply
833 replies to this topic

#81 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:55

Thanks Cuban for the fun last night, Some good battles.
Interesting to watch Hotleads stream, but would be interesting to see someone do one on the Entente side, Maybe a US103 can do one.

Enjoyed the change too. I actually liked that earlier 1917 map plane set and was looking fwd to flying Se5as with 103rd but had to leave the session early. Was there an issue with AAA that prompted the switch to late war map?

Agree on streams, unfortunately my pc not up to it. But it's tactically interesting to review and that US103rd banter often has me chuckling away :)
S!

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

#82 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 November 2017 - 16:03

Salute all!

I see that this Thursday is Thanksgiving in the US. Do we maybe want to consider moving this week's fly-in to Friday?

EDIT: I talked with US103_Hunter, and we've decided to keep it on Thursday. Just would be easier that way. ;) 

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#83 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:19

Hey guys! Here is tonight's Twitch stream of "One Life to Live!"

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203806734

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! For my part, I'm thankful to be a part of this awesome community. Salute!  :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#84 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 30 November 2017 - 16:16

Good day gents,

We on for Cuban's tonight?

S!
Hunter

#85 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 November 2017 - 17:06

Yep!

xAKPpvf.jpg

#86 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 November 2017 - 17:56

I'd be there save for the fact that I have to work at A Perfect Circle concert tonight. Should be really cool. I saw Tool earlier and that was incredible. 

#87 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 01 December 2017 - 00:43

I'd be there save for the fact that I have to work at A Perfect Circle concert tonight. Should be really cool. I saw Tool earlier and that was incredible. 

Incredible tool.... I have one of of those! :icon_cool:

Have fun , even if you are "working", I'm kinda jealous. 

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#88 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:44

Salute all! Had a blast flying tonight on Cuban's server! Super-low cloud cover made navigation quite interesting to say the least lol! Thanks for keeping things fresh Cuban! :D

Here is the archived Twitch stream:

I've been experimenting with adding a webcam to my streams. This time, I had the camera view my controls as I flew. In previous streams, like my ARMA III and BF 1 streams, I had the camera view me. Feel free to let me know what you guys prefer! :)

xAKPpvf.jpg

#89 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:56

Salute all! Had a blast flying tonight on Cuban's server! Super-low cloud cover made navigation quite interesting to say the least lol! Thanks for keeping things fresh Cuban! :D

Here is the archived Twitch stream:

I've been experimenting with adding a webcam to my streams. This time, I had the camera view my controls as I flew. In previous streams, like my ARMA III and BF 1 streams, I had the camera view me. Feel free to let me know what you guys prefer! :)

That was a pretty fun map! The pups and tripes gave those albies a run for their money :icon_e_wink: Salute on that epic bounce of my beautiful triplane lol 

Thanks to all for flying, looking forward to next week at Wargrounds.  I have a small English Channel map with a similar plane set lined up for week after next as a sort of run up / familiarization flight to the Dec. 17th Knights of the Sea III event.  Until then, keep 'em flying!

#90 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 December 2017 - 14:35

That was a pretty fun map! The pups and tripes gave those albies a run for their money :icon_e_wink: Salute on that epic bounce of my beautiful triplane lol 

Thanks to all for flying, looking forward to next week at Wargrounds.  I have a small English Channel map with a similar plane set lined up for week after next as a sort of run up / familiarization flight to the Dec. 17th Knights of the Sea III event.  Until then, keep 'em flying!

Haha, thanks Cuban! And salute to you too for that first engagement! You flew the tripe like you owned that thing - good job forcing me down! I think I’ve learned a new respect for tripes. They may be hobbled but they’ll still get ya if you don’t look out!

That second engagement below the clouds was just terrifying lol. Can’t believe I made it out!

Looking forward to the Channel Map! :)

xAKPpvf.jpg

#91 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 04 December 2017 - 16:21

I flew a SPAD for my first sortie, PaulMF was with me but we did not see anything up high and had to RTB. Next we flew an RNAS patrol with a tripe and a pup, I got wounded by flak and had to head home. Then I took a pup down low and forced down one alb (S! Todt von Oben) then got into a mix with a couple of other albs. I shot one up pretty good with a blue and yellow stripe on the top wing and eventually help came and I had to break off for home wounded. Not sure what happened to the Albs.

It was a fun time.

S!
Hunter

#92 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 05 December 2017 - 16:14

Yeah, that cloud base made for interesting tactics. The Albie's ruled above cloud, especially when they flew with high and low pairs, but the pups and tripes were great down low...which is why the Albies never ventured back down! I guess if we'd done high Spads later we could've caused them problems.

3 jg1 pilots seem to 'claim' my Pup in separate skirmishes on Hotlead's stream, but for me it was all the same flight and I landed ok, tho empty fuel. So 1 x 'driven down' is all you're getting :P

Good fun. Looking forward to this week. S!

#93 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 December 2017 - 14:58

3 jg1 pilots seem to 'claim' my Pup in separate skirmishes on Hotlead's stream, but for me it was all the same flight and I landed ok, tho empty fuel. So 1 x 'driven down' is all you're getting :P

Oh dear! Well you could have told me before I issued all those medals and citations! I’ll have to take their medals away. (Except for mine - I’ll keep mine.) This is embarrassing. The whole Air Force will be shamed. Unless...yes, I think I can convince them to test fly the new (but very fragile) monoplane. That’s it! I know they’ll try some acrobatics in it, the wings will fall off, and they’ll die as heroes! Instead of bringing the Air Force shame, they will bring it honor!

Moral of story: If an egotistical General is involved, you never know what taking away a few kills from some pilots may do!

:P ;) :lol:

xAKPpvf.jpg

#94 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:14

What a sight!

Alone, 20s out from the arty recon and you spot the whole German airforce in a formation climbing turn towards you!

JG1! Looked so spectacular but my heart physically stopped.

1. Must get arty recon done.
2. Try to survive. Climb to maintain some alt delta while also staying over target.
3. Done! Dive for home..oh crap, there's a high one too....
4. S!
5. Drinks all round in the mess

#95 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 December 2017 - 14:17

Hahaha! Well done on the escape. I’ll get the twitch stream posted later today. ;)

xAKPpvf.jpg

#96 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:17

Hey guys! Here is last night's live stream:

Had fun and several really tense encounters. Not to mention a few lessons learned lol.

See you all next Thursday on Cuban's server! :D

xAKPpvf.jpg

#97 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:58

Was cool to watch Hotlead, But guys it's Graham's here not Graham shears and not Graham shit.

#98 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:12

You maneuvered that DXII very well causing me to have a hard time lining up a shot and I was also worried I was going to spin out and auger in.

#99 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 15:52

You maneuvered that DXII very well causing me to have a hard time lining up a shot and I was also worried I was going to spin out and auger in.

Thanks and salute! Your gunnery was really good on those snap shots. Oiled my engine. :icon_e_salute:

xAKPpvf.jpg

#100 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:54

Was cool to watch Hotlead, But guys it's Graham's here not Graham shears and not Graham shit.

OK, Grahamshear

#101 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:06

Hey guys! Had some awesome action on Cuban's server. Thanks for hosting our fly-in, Cuban! Always a pleasure. smile.png

Here is the archived live-stream:

Looking forward to next week! biggrin.png

xAKPpvf.jpg

#102 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 15 December 2017 - 18:44

Kind of bummed that nearly everyone was gone when I got on, but it probably saved me from getting killed after looking at the stats page. :icon_lol:

#103 TheBlackFalcon

TheBlackFalcon
  • LocationMineola, NY USA

Posted 15 December 2017 - 19:39

Here is a link to Hobbs' AAR for the missions the 103rd flew last night (12/14)...  https://us103.enjin..../post/last#last

Also note that PaulMF flew with the squad as an honorary member last night...

:icon_e_smile:

Black Falcon

#104 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 20:03

Haha thanks for posting! That was fun to read! :)

xAKPpvf.jpg

#105 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 16 December 2017 - 18:40

I did wonder if it was Graham Shere.  Sorry, Graham.  Glad you're here.

Ceowulf<><

#106 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 16 December 2017 - 21:45

I did wonder if it was Graham Shere.  Sorry, Graham.  Glad you're here.

Ceowulf<><

Unfortunately the GT's require we have no spaces in our names. And just Graham is fine.

#107 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 December 2017 - 22:46

Hey guys! Had some awesome action on Cuban's server. Thanks for hosting our fly-in, Cuban! Always a pleasure. smile.png

Here is the archived live-stream:

Looking forward to next week! biggrin.png

Thanks for the fun times JG1 and all.

S!

#108 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:48

Hey guys! Had fun on Wargrounds with everybody today! Here is the archived livestream:

xAKPpvf.jpg

#109 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:01

Well, THAT was fun! Thanks again JG1 for letting me join you guys. Salute to the foes!

#110 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 22 December 2017 - 16:54

Really enjoyed this session.

Entente had the Verdun map basically done with the best part of 40minutes remaining. We just couldn't get the arty battery to fire because Central kept bombing the damn things!

Watching Hotlead's stream you can see how they organised it. 

:icon_e_salute: to that.

@J2_Adam, below is a short video from LAST week on Cuban's server when you blew up me and J30_Mein with a single pistol shot! Though i guess the other 1000 bullet holes in our fe2b also contributed  :icon_e_biggrin:

#111 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 December 2017 - 19:28

@Paullmf2

True, the 1000 holes helped a lot. :icon_e_smile: To be honest, that gunshot was an utter and total fluke and surprised the crap outa me. Thanks for posting!

Salute!

#112 I_Got_Shot

I_Got_Shot

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:46

G'day all,

Had a blast yet again thanks all for the fun. Adam did he really insult your eagle by calling it a chicken!

Look forward to the next bash.

Regards Shot.

#113 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:19

Yes, Shot, it's true. He thought Papenmeyer's eagle was a chicken. Pretty funny actually. :icon_lol:

#114 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:36

I thought this was quite fitting. https://riseofflight...enne#entry69226

Its actually an Honor to get stung by a bee.

It hates you so much, that its willing to die just

to cause you a mild amount of pain.

#115 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:26

Lovely video and the music behind it made a beautiful effect.

#116 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:36

Hey guys! I was able to make the fly-in this evening! Here is the archived stream:

You will notice that this week's stream is in 2 parts. That is because my joystick/throttle went on the fritz while flying...twice. :(

Hope to have that solved soon!!! O_O

xAKPpvf.jpg

#117 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:59

Had a lot of fun tonight! Managed to get some much-needed practice in the Camel...Looking forward to next Thursday! 

4qqm3Za.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#118 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:47

Had a lot of fun tonight! Managed to get some much-needed practice in the Camel...Looking forward to next Thursday! 

I think I saw you, but not in a Camel ;)

#119 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:21

Lots of intense battles this week. So immersive. An empty sky suddenly filled with machines twisting and diving. Saddling up unseen then twisting round and finding 2 DVIIs lining you up! Great fun flying with the US103 too. Thanks guys!

I've put a video up in the Video section of a fight which captures some action between JG1_Hotlead, Hells Angel and myself (mostly me getting in HA's way :) ).

https://riseofflight...ursday-evenings

#120 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:46

I think I saw you, but not in a Camel ;)

I think I saw you too! Although it was hard to tell through all the oil  :icon_eek:

4qqm3Za.png                             tyPpSAY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users